Queen Elizabeth II | 1926-2022 | Rest in Peace

Infra-red

" Her immediate family has been informed. "

Sounds like they're preparing people for the news.
She's been ill for a long time and the press have done their part in protecting her privacy by not reporting on the details of the disease. I'd expect that to continue and if this is indeed the end, things will be very carefully stage managed.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
For those of us who are older, it's a bit shocking, quite honestly. I don't even like the monarchy and yet I feel rather unsettled. I'm 64 and she's always been there, an unchanging presence.

Bwuk

For those of us who are older, it's a bit shocking, quite honestly. I don't even like the monarchy and yet I feel rather unsettled. I'm 64 and she's always been there, an unchanging presence.
I mean she's 96 - is it really shocking?

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
The tone of the reporters on BBC news :lol:. They sound simultaneously like they're trying to sound very mournful and sombre while also being aware they may be about to say something that will be clipped and replayed for decades to come. A bit like Charles right now; very sad, but damn what a career opportunity!

Smores

The tone of the reporters on BBC news :lol:. They sound simultaneously like they're trying to sound very mournful and sombre while also being aware they may be about to say something that will be clipped and replayed for decades to come. A bit like Charles right now; very sad, but damn what a career opportunity!
Yeah same on Sky News. They've all got queen dead plans so this acting is part of that tone no doubt. I'd be surprised if she's not already dead.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Is the football going to get called off? Apparently so. Absolute joke. Hang on for Monday Liz.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I imagine that Charles is in a state of absolute shock right now.
Yeah, I worry for his health with this shock.

King Charles III

At last, I've been waiting for a change of monarchy name. And hearing God Save the King that I keep seeing in old black and white clips. I'm not a monarchist, just bored. :)

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Yeah same on Sky News. They've all got queen dead plans so this acting is part of that tone no doubt. I'd be surprised if she's not already dead.
That wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, the grotesquery of the whole thing is bewildering and stomach churning. An old woman dying shouldn't be made to be the concern of an entire nation. She should be mourned by her close family as a mother and grandmother but this gilded cage the establishment insist on keeping her and her family in won't allow it.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
When we getting the Romano tweet to confirm?
Elizabeth Alexandra Mary to Purgatory FC, here we go confirmed! Full agreement, permanent transfer with NO buy-back clause.

Lizzy wanted to stay until last minute but final offer with the Devil too good to turn down.

Buckingham will pay transfer costs with help from tax payer lever.

Carolina Red

Staff
Yeah, I worry for his health with this shock.

King Charles III

At last, I've been waiting for a change of monarchy name. And hearing God Save the King that I keep seeing in old black and white clips. I'm not a monarchist, just bored. :)
He likely spent many nights contemplating the thought that his mom would outlive him and he’d never be king. Now this.

Someone should photoshop him into the “I don’t believe it” meme

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Very few of us want Charles as King.
Aren’t you in Italy? How does it affect your day to day life who’s the King or Queen?

I’m in the UK and it has little to zero effect on mine.