Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
He's the closest I've seen to an RVN for a while. With good delivery, he'll absolutely dominate in this league. We just don't create anywhere near enough chances.

He hasn't shown it yet, but he's a beastly box player. That header today, as simple as it seems was just :drool:.

Sam

Well if we aren't creating chances, what else do we judge him off?

If Costa was out there playing for us, the results would be similar.
As I said earlier in the thread, if he's a £43 million player he has to be able to produce without always needing service.

Thats what special players do.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's a finely poised scenario.

We might not start creating loads of chances until after another summer transfer window, but if Falcao hasn't shown enough, or at least played enough by then, there's no way we'd keep him on.

However, not many strikers can double their tally in December :wenger:

Rednotdead

As I said earlier in the thread, if he's a £43 million player he has to be able to produce without always needing service.

Thats what special players do.
The player hasn't yet been born who can score goals when he hasn't got the ball.

Sam

The player hasn't yet been born who can score goals when he hasn't got the ball.
He saw plenty of the ball and did very little with it.

Why do people seem to want to blame everyone and everything else then Falcao when he doesn't play well?

How much is Costa worth then?

He can produce without service at times, he just hasn't really had a proper chance to.
Whats Costa got to do with anything?

What should he do, dribble past 5 players and score?
That'd be nice, yes.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
He saw plenty of the ball and did very little with it.

Why do people seem to want to blame everyone and everything else then Falcao when he doesn't play well?

Whats Costa got to do with anything?

That'd be nice, yes.
You just tell us what he got to do, what can a striker do when he doesnt get any service ( keep in mind that not everybody is Brazilian Ronaldo or Messi).

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Haha this thread is funny, lad scores on his first start for ages and people are still not happy

Sam

You just tell us what he got to do, what can a striker do when he doesnt get any service ( keep in mind that not everybody is Brazilian Ronaldo or Messi).
He's got to play better.

Costa isn't worth the money Chelsea paid because he isn't Aguero? Do you see Costa running past 4 players before scoring? He's a finisher. He scores goals. That's worth a lot of money.

£43 million isn't a lot for a world class striker. Which is exactly what Falcao is.
Costa cost Chelsea £13 million less, plus wages and loan fee, then what Falcao would cost us. He's also younger, and comes off a fantastic season.

Cassidy

I see I've offended the Falcao fan club again :lol::lol:
Not really, to be honest I'm just surprised that hes had his first start in a while after coming back from injury and hes scored us an important goal, yet all you can do is find criticism. It's actually kind of weird.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
He's got to play better.

Costa cost Chelsea £13 million less, plus wages and loan fee, then what Falcao would cost us. He's also younger, and comes off a fantastic season.
I'm not a Falcao fan either, but he played to his possibilities today imo, we cant expect Messi like things from him, he scored a goal and his overall play was good, for now I think he could hardly do more.

Sam

Not really, to be honest I'm just surprised that hes had his first start in a while after coming back from injury and hes scored us an important goal, yet all you can do is find criticism. It's actually kind of weird.
Well, again, thats not true. If you read back through the thread you'll see a praised him for the header, which was fantastic.

Sam

You lot are insufferable. How dare anyone criticise the mighty Falcao. Its like a **** in here.

@ItsEssexRob was right.

Sam

You're criticising him for no reason though. He was far from poor today. You're blinded by your love for Welbeck. :rolleyes:
First Costa, now Welbeck. What have either of those to got to do with Falcao? Talk about straw men arguments.

When was the last time I even mentioned Welbeck?

Cassidy

You lot are insufferable. How dare anyone criticise the mighty Falcao. Its like a **** in here.

@ItsEssexRob was right.
Its weird a United fan would criticize the player who got us a point today, there are plenty of players who deserve criticism today, not sure he is one of them.

Sam

Sorry mate, you're posting some ridiculous stuff.
Funny how I'm not the only who wasn't (goal aside) that impressed with Falcao today.

But as usual, we got the buzzwords from the Falcao fan club. 'Movement' 'Hold up play' 'lack of service'. Its all so predictable.

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Illuminati headquarters, chillin' with Jay Z.
First Costa, now Welbeck. What have either of those to got to do with Falcao? Talk about straw men arguments.

When was the last time I even mentioned Welbeck?
Costa doesn't meet the criteria for what is a £45 million player according to you. Costa is worth at least £40 million, and you cannot even argue against that. That's why that's relevant.
It's obvious you look for faults in Falcao because you're in love with Welbeck. That's why Welbeck is relevant.

Mali_Zeus

Funny how I'm not the only who wasn't (goal aside) that impressed with Falcao today.

But as usual, we got the buzzwords from the Falcao fan club. 'Movement' 'Hold up play' 'lack of service'. Its all so predictable.
What did you expect from him?
He got us a point as @Cassidy said and there are other players who deserve more criticism. But as you expect him to dribble past numerous players and score (although he's not that kind of a player) its no wonder you're not impressed..

Sam

Its weird a United fan would criticize the player who got us a point today, there are plenty of players who deserve criticism today, not sure he is one of them.
And I've criticised others as well. But ultimately, Falcao is the one on trial atm. He's the one that might end up cost us £50 odd million.

So yeah, for that money, I have high expectations. Expectations that involve a bit more then just having good movement and holding the ball up well.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
Costa isn't worth the money Chelsea paid because he isn't Aguero? Do you see Costa running past 4 players before scoring? He's a finisher. He scores goals. That's worth a lot of money.

£43 million isn't a lot for a world class striker. Which is exactly what Falcao is.
Except that he probably isnt that anymore. I do feel pretty confident with Costa in Falcaos place he would be getting more goals right now. ( obviously assuming they both played the same minutes.)

Sam

Costa doesn't meet the criteria for what is a £45 million player according to you. Costa is worth at least £40 million, and you cannot even argue against that. That's why that's relevant.
It's obvious you look for faults in Falcao because you're in love with Welbeck. That's why Welbeck is relevant.
Again, when did I last even mention Welbeck?

Cassidy

Except that he probably isnt that anymore. I do feel pretty confident with Costa in Falcaos place he would be getting more goals right now. ( obviously assuming they both played the same minutes.)
I doubt it tbh.

Cassidy

And I've criticised others as well. But ultimately, Falcao is the one on trial atm. He's the one that might end up cost us £50 odd million.

So yeah, for that money, I have high expectations. Expectations that involve a bit more then just having good movement and holding the ball up well.
When he plays a few games post injury and gets a run in the team I'll make a judgement, I'm sure the club will too.
Have you forgotten RVPs form start of season, hes going to need couple of games to get going.

Status
Not open for further replies.