Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Holds the ball up ok.

But you'd probably expect more from someone of his rep.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Rooney should have played him in when we had that 3 on 3 where he passed to Van Persie out wide.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
What to expect? The two strikers have consistently not performed well in this formatting, no matter who it is up front. It's easy to mark them. They can't do shit because they back four and defensive midfielders only need to keep shape. You can't force your way through that so all that the strikers can do are make themselves available and make runs, which they usually do. It just doesn't amount to anything.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
What to expect? The two strikers have consistently not performed well in this formatting, no matter who it is up front. It's easy to mark them. They can't do shit because they back four and defensive midfielders only need to keep shape. You can't force your way through that so all that the strikers can do are make themselves available and make runs, which they usually do. It just doesn't amount to anything.
Pretty much this. We don't build up enough for our strikers to penetrate the back 4 like we used to. Our play gets slowed down so often that it disrupts the runs they usually make, and we're back to crossing it in when their defence and midfield are settled and it makes getting the ball to our strikers much more difficult. It's infuriating to watch and I imagine even more infuriating for Falcao and RvP to experience.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I have not really watched a lot of him before he came to United, but isn't it safe to say that he is a much more refined version of Javier Hernandez? With that in mind, doesn't that mean he needs service to thrive? I have not seen that much services from our midfield to our strikers or any coming specifically to him in this dual striking system.

DevilRed

He is strong enough to hold the ball up but I've seen our players time and time again ignore him in the last third for a lateral pass or back pass.

Sam

For all the people blaming the midfield/other players/formation, RVP hasn't looked crap today. He's got involved and a couple of times had half chances.

Falcao has done nothing.

Hoof the ball

Still looks absolutely miles off the pace quite frankly.
I don't understand these kind of comments. They almost seem cliche....

He's made numerous off-the-ball runs, which, if spotted, lead to chances. He's held the ball up pretty much every time he's had it. Of all the players on the team he's the one who has least been caught holding onto it too long. There's no discernible lack of physical effort as far as I can tell, so, when someone makes the statement of him being miles off the pace I have to wonder what that means for all the others?

If anything....... the good work he's done has been neglected through poor service and poor tempo.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Knee jerk reaction, but Benteke looks like he has much more in his locker than Falcao. Strength, pace, intelligence, aerial presence and power. Not saying the former is the better player, just implying their are option if Falcao fails to live up to expectation.

No surprise that he scores :lol:

FujiVice

His first start since he scored against Everton. He will get you goals. He's a lovely man.

Sam

Credit where its due, that header was fantastic. Seriously good.

The rest of his game was pants though.

Chicharito_

People saying he was poor, he isn't the type of player that's going to beat players on his own, if you provide him with half decent service he will score goals and a lot of them.

Raw

He looked good today considering the forwards barely got any chances from midfield. He played quite deep at times but I'm glad he got the goal.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
Good goal but had a poor game otherwise. His link up play was probably the worst its been considering he got a whole game.

Sam

If he's a striker that will only thrive with good service then he's never going to be worth £43 million or whatever ridiculous figure it is.

Benteke had feck all service and looked miles more threatening today.

ottosec

Bizarre.

He was consistently involved in lead up, made runs, was working his socks off. Still getting used to his teammates and vice versa.
That's not how I saw it. I think he struggled to get in the game, but tbf the service he got was terrible.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Do people actually watch him by saying he was poor? Aside from the goal, he was the player making the most runs into the box, the most touch-and-goes forwards, and he was always fighting hard for the ball. I would give it a 7/10 in a quite frankly poor performance where he was one of the better, more threatening of our players.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Good goal, but in fairness he hasn't contributed half what Chicharito could've done so far this year. Injuries aside of course.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Great goal but I felt that he was rather poor today, especially first half (but then again, so was everybody else).

Walters_19_MuFc

Thought he was ok today. Held the ball up well and scored a great goal. Get the sense he'd be a lot better up top on his own, though.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I still find it difficult to judge him as the service has always been so poor to him every time he's played. I can only think of one opportunity he's had this season that he should of scored and hasn't.

Take RVP for example, who seems to have been in a bit of form up to today. He really struggled to show himself in this game as well, and I'm convinced it's to do with the service and the slow build-up, rather than all the blame being on the strikers. They are making decent runs that we seem too scared to play balls to, for fear of losing possession.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
2 goals in 2 starts? he wasn't at his best but was anyone really expecting him to put in a 10/10 performance after such a layoff? Let him get back into the groove and getting used to playing in the PL before we start to judge him. Great goal anyway.

Leg-End

If we ever start having consistent service to our front men then we will get to see how good he is, feeding off scraps again today but his allround play was excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.