Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Was wonderful today.

I think LVG's bad ass doctrine will hopefully motivate him enough to increase his defensive skills so he can finally develop into the all round world class full back he is destined to become.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He is one of those players with his injuries, despite being out he plays well instantly. Aguero comes to mind as a similar player.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Impressed me a lot today. Didn't expect him to pull out that kind of performance after being out for that long.

Crashoutcassius

Gave 100% today but didn't think he looked very comfortable. Still seems to find spac going forward better than almost anyone but end product is never so good. If he stays injury free all year it would do him so much good

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Last season his final ball was just dreadful which was annoying as hell because he was more than decent in that department the season before. This season looks good so far.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Last season his final ball was just dreadful which was annoying as hell because he was more than decent in that department the season before. This season looks good so far.
All 70 minutes of it.

Kazi

He's definitely the man to take over from Evra, in terms of being great on the ball, a leader and passionate for the club. Love him.

Walters_19_MuFc

After having very little game time this season, I thought he was brilliant today. Made some crucial interceptions, and was just brilliant going forward. I just really hope he can stay fit.

Hal9000

Says a lot that the game slowed down when he came off. Always give 100% and i love he links up brilliantly with who ever comes to that side.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Enthusiasm and energy.

Lovely thing was, while these features normally makes him stand out like a sore thumb, today he was one of a whole bunch of tenacious bastards (Di Maria, Herrera, Rojo, Blind).

Great energy on display throughout the side which we've lacked.

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Illuminati headquarters, chillin' with Jay Z.
What it does highlight though is that we need a proper RB back up (because Rafa will get injured). Smalling and Jones won't link play like he does. We have missed Shaw and Rafael greatly. Shaw will provide something similar on the left hand side once fully fit.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
He is such a quality full back. If he can stay off that bloody treatment table he can become one of the worlds best.

Sam

Enthusiasm and energy.

Lovely thing was, while these features normally makes him stand out like a sore thumb, today he was one of a whole bunch of tenacious bastards (Di Maria, Herrera, Rojo, Blind).

Great energy on display throughout the side which we've lacked.
Thats very true. I'm starting to love this new team already.

RonaldoVII

He was great considering it was his 1st game of the season. Really pleased LVG started him over Valencia too which hopefully shows that he is 1st choice. Performance should've confirmed that too.

Donut

He was great, but I don't want to get too excited, since he will get injured soon enough.

caid

I think what i like most about his performance today was the energy and enthusiasm in the first 20 mins.
When the ball came to him he was speeding the play up with a good early pass or a good pass into feet and the run to give a good option for the 1-2.
A lot of the other players were looking a bit sluggish and nervy for that first 20 mins but he was just really calm, confident and used the ball brilliantly.
Kind of set the tempo of the game for me.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Says a lot that the game slowed down when he came off. Always give 100% and i love he links up brilliantly with who ever comes to that side.
it was so painful watching Valencia come on for him he was the only sour note today, he only played for a bit but it was enough to convince me his future lies elsewhere.

Hope rafa stays fit as I don't think I can handle seeing Valencia play RB.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Great to see him back. Just gives us so much more balance and energy. Has not played for a while, so I'm sure he will improve. So many new flashy toys out there but Rafa, you are still my love.

Ekeke

Played very well, did a lot better than Valencia or Young have done in the position in league matches

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Welcome back Rafa. I hope he stays fit so that the Coleman lot would shut up and have a wank.
Yep. Rafael>Coleman as long as he's fit. His link up play is top notch and in 12/13 was brilliant all around. Just needs that consistency back which he'll get if he stays clear of injuries.

FromTheBench

Played very well, did a lot better than Valencia or Young have done in the position in league matches
Tbf, Young and Valencia have played a different Wingback position and had more burden attacking wise with slower balls and less players to link with as central part of the team was dysfunctional first 3 games.

He's obviously still a lot better though.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Yep. Rafael>Coleman as long as he's fit. His link up play is top notch and in 12/13 was brilliant all around. Just needs that consistency back which he'll get if he stays clear of injuries.
It's only a few posters though, with their painfully boring agenda. Thankfully, there are quiet a sane few around.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
Refreshing to see an actual defender, you know, defending. And more skill in attack with these players than Young or Valencia are capable of.

Just please stay fit

Winrar

Showed today why we've been really missing him. Only if he wasn't crocked so often.

carlosp

So glad that he had a good game. Just needs to get his fitness up so he can play 90 minutes and needs to stay injury free.

Our best RB is back.

marlowe78

There is such an obvious difference in our buildup play when Rafael is in the game that it isn't funny. He is quick, has good positional sense, and is decisive in what he wants to do with the ball. Watching us with Valencia in the back today was painful, especially that shot he didn't take, one Rafa might have buried.

ZDwyr

It's amazing the difference he brings to the team. He HAS to stay fit. Please Rafa. We cannot handle more Antonio Valencia.

ryan_forlan

Gullible
After some goal, I don't remember which one. Could be any of the second, third or fourth, Rafael was talking to Rooney about something. It seemed Rafa was talking about some issue with Rooney and Rooney was trying to calm him down or something. Did anyone else notice that? Does anyone know what that was about?

ZDwyr

After some goal, I don't remember which one. Could be any of the second, third or fourth, Rafael was talking to Rooney about something. It seemed Rafa was talking about some issue with Rooney and Rooney was trying to calm him down or something. Did anyone else notice that? Does anyone know what that was about?
Yeah I noticed that. Wondered what it was about. I remember Rooney back tracking to win the ball down Rafael's wing not long before that I think. Probably discussing something to do with that moment of time. That is just a complete guess though.

Welbeckham

When he's fully fit, he's one of the best players in the position. He's my favourite player, so very glad he stayed even though he's always injured. Seeing both him and Welbeck leaving might have been too much for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.