Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Great game from him again, he's started the season well. He's always been class whenever he's stayed clear of injuries, going forward and linking with the players in front he's always been brilliant, has a great cross on him too. Defensively in 12/13 he was very good and consistent as well. Great to have 2 fullbacks like Rafael and Shaw, hopefully they stay fit. We're a completely different team with him in the side.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
It's amazing how much better going forward he is than Valencia and Young. That said, when we're camped just outside the box and he has to track runners and cover areas he still makes a lot of mistakes that you'd hope he'd have ironed out by now. Shaw is clearly a much better defender.

Last edited:

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
He has an excellent pass in him to get out of our half.

Today he showed that he's one of the best. Now he need to bust out the cotton wool and wrap himself snuggly.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
So potent going forward. He and Ander are making that right hand side real devestating. Just when you start to nullify di Maria on the left side, you've got these two with brilliant interplay and agility.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Going forwards he is one of the best right-backs in europe when on form.

Water Melon

Superb performance. Terrific player, who has pace, grit and technique. MoM for me tonight.

SteveW

itso 7

He is exactly the kind of player you'd want when you are down to ten men, and today it was effectively nine given how spent Van Persie was. Him and Shaw were superb, if he stays fit he will have another very good season.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
It's amazing how much better going forward he is than Valencia and Young. When we're camped just outside the box and he has to track runners and cover areas he still makes a lot of mistakes that you'd hope he'd have ironed out by now. Shaw is clearly a much better defender.
Misses Ferdinand in that respect, Rio was great at directing him about.

Mali_Zeus

I like how he was bombing down the right and his assist for Rooney was great.

One of my favorite players, I like how he gives his 100 percent every time he plays.

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Illuminati headquarters, chillin' with Jay Z.
:lol:

No, they did not say that!
They were banging on about De Laet only playing four games for us and how good he was against us. I think it was Stelling who popped up with that comment about us wishing we had kept him. It was either Merson or Charlie Nicholas (or both) saying Rafael was poor against Leicester whilst gushing over De Laet.

Jerch

With him and Shaw we have very good full backs for a long time. He is around like forever now and he is still only 24. He is very good on going forward and i am ashamed that i thought LVG will prefer Valencia to him. Just pray to God that he will stay injury free.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
They were banging on about De Laet only playing four games for us and how good he was against us. I think it was Stelling who popped up with that comment about us wishing we had kept him. It was either Merson or Charlie Nicholas (or both) saying Rafael was poor against Leicester whilst gushing over De Laet.
Jesus. How can someone be that stupid?

Gushing over someone who should have been sent off in the first half and criticizing Rafael who got done in by the ref.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
That said, when we're camped just outside the box and he has to track runners and cover areas he still makes a lot of mistakes that you'd hope he'd have ironed out by now.
That's just so infuriating. I can't get this worried feeling out that in big games, he'd have fecked up again with his rashness.

LR7

Excellent again today. I'll never lose faith in Rafael, injuries or not, he's my favourite player by some considerable distance. Most of our good passages of play today came through him, and he was brilliant defensively as well.

A few weeks back someone on here posted that he wouldn't make any difference to Valencia and that he'll struggle going forward this season without a winger in front of him but they couldn't be more wrong, he's flying. Him and Herrera have struck up a good little partnership on that right side as well. Both intelligent and instinctive passers.

Love Rafa to bits, him staying fit will make a massive difference to our season.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
If he had stayed injured free, could he have been the best right back after Lahm today?

Sam

I love watching him bomb forward. He's just fantastic to watch.

footballgirl07

Text reads: Thanks for your support you are the best. nothing like a day after another very good team performance.

m1y2

He matured alot with his positioning and in decision making. He also got better in passing massively not afraid of difficult ones and through balls and they are quite well weighted sometimes! playing with his head up that was the reason he found rooney twice in the box. The first pass was excellent almost Nevillesque. The second rooney couldnt convert. I like him that much that I will go and buy his shirt, definitely my top 3 fav player in the team if not the number1

Acole9

Outstanding
Well done lad very good performance. Lovely cross for the first goal.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Great display. Again proves that he can make the difference in a positive display.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
How does Valencia not learn watching Rafael play? This is what he should have done when he playing as full back. Thank feck Rafa is back.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Best RB in the league when fit?
My love for him might cloud my judgment but I think so. Obviously now there is great competition for that honour and currently on form (last season and so far this time) there are more deserving RB's but I think when Rafael performs like that, he is on par with Zabaleta.

ZDwyr

Was brilliant! I love him. Easily my man of the match.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He is the one United player I feel compelled to defend when fans of other clubs inevitably start slating United players. They can say what they want about anyone else, water off a ducks back to me. But Rafael, I dont know, I have to defend him.

Some of the stick he gets is absolutely harsh and seems to stem from isolated incidents 3 or 4 years ago. He is a brilliant RB and the 2nd best in the league in my opinion, behind Zabaleta. He is a right footed Evra, right down to the love and passion he has for our club. And guess what, hes the same age now as Evra was when we signed him. Just about to come into his peak years.

Loublaze

ATLien
He is the one United player I feel compelled to defend when fans of other clubs inevitably start slating United players. They can say what they want about anyone else, water off a ducks back to me. But Rafael, I dont know, I have to defend him.

Some of the stick he gets is absolutely harsh and seems to stem from isolated incidents 3 or 4 years ago. He is a brilliant RB and the 2nd best in the league in my opinion, behind Zabaleta. He is a right footed Evra, right down to the love and passion he has for our club. And guess what, hes the same age now as Evra was when we signed him. Just about to come into his peak years.
Except he's made of glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.