Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Mitten wasn't hugely reliable in the summer, he even said we were trying to sign Schneiderlin on deadline day. However, I can see LvG selling Rafael and wouldn't be too surprised if the story was true - same with the Mata rumours.

Manucho the boss

Mitten wasn't hugely reliable in the summer, he even said we were trying to sign Schneiderlin on deadline day. However, I can see LvG selling Rafael and wouldn't be too surprised if the story was true - same with the Mata rumours.
Wish we had pulled that off. Suited to English football, a better athlete than Carrick, fitter and stronger than Fletcher and would allow Blind to be solid backup in a number of positions.

Deleted member 78215

But there is no logic to selling Rafael. We don't have any back-up - at least no decent back-up, anyway - and there are hardly any better, available RBs elsewhere. On his day, Rafael stands up with the best in the league.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Why do you see him selling Rafael? Who is the alternative?

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
But there is no logic to selling Rafael. We don't have any back-up - at least no decent back-up, anyway - and there are hardly any better, available RBs elsewhere. On his day, Rafael stands up with the best in the league.
I agree but it's LvG, who knows what he has planned?

LR7

Nice to see some praise for Rafael and credit for previous good form that seemingly skipped tool boxes like Savage and his Ingurlish pundit buddies.
On Soccer Saturday the conclusion was that he was rash and struggled. I seriously question what they were watching. He was excellent in both halves. In the first half he drove us forward and was full of attacking intent. His link up play was brilliant and he created chances. In the second half he was the first to realise that if we were going to win the game we needed to dig in and fight, and he led by example. Two brilliant sides of Rafa in one game. Future captain.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
The only way I see LVG having told Rafael he can leave is because of his injury record. If he did say that (which I doubt) it would have been along the lines that he plans on bringing in competition for Rafael in the form of another very capable RB, but no doubt one who has a better injury record.

LVG gave a few players the choice of whether they wanted to go or spend a lot of time on the bench, right? For all we know there could have been a RB option he was pursuing that never came off.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Coleman is excellent, prob the fittest player in the league and was definitely the best right back last season. I believe he signed a new deal not too long ago though.
Cow in another field. How well is Coleman doing defensively now Everton are playing a more open brand of football. Don't deny he's good but those who would have you believe he's much better than Rafa are over egging it.

fishfingers15

Cow in another field. How well is Coleman doing defensively now Everton are playing a more open brand of football. Don't deny he's good but those who would have you believe he's much better than Rafa are over egging it.
A player who hasn't played in the European competitions, not having to juggle between different styles of refereeing. We can't wait to shoot down our players here.

Manucho the boss

I don't think he's been too bad, only played 90 mins 3 times (2 of them against Chelsea and Arsenal), 1 goal, 1 assist and 1 clean sheet. I think their defensive problems are more down to Howard being awful, Distin finally ageing and Jagielka off form.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
The issue shouldn't be just a straight comparisson with Coleman when on the pitch, the big issue with Rafael is just how often he's available for selection and how often he's able to complete 90mins when comparing him to Seamus Coleman or any other RB, in totality of what they offer.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Coleman is excellent, prob the fittest player in the league and was definitely the best right back last season. I believe he signed a new deal not too long ago though.
He's injured all the time just like Rafael though. Or at least it feels like that

Sheldon69

Hopefully, you are being sarcastic
Its all about opinions , i fit rafa with a run of injury free games is top class and if he could curb the red mist he would be one of the first on the team sheet .
I was just answering the question someone posed earlier . In my opinion seamus Coleman is one of the best right backs in the premier league . Although he as not had the best start to the season by his standards going off evertons start but I'm not sure if hes been playing or not . Last season he was terrific though what I saw of him .

fishfingers15

He would have played in a European competition last week if he hadn't got injured.
Let him play a season before judging then?

Its all about opinions , i fit rafa with a run of injury free games is top class and if he could curb the red mist he would be one of the first on the team sheet .
I was just answering the question someone posed earlier . In my opinion seamus Coleman is one of the best right backs in the premier league . Although he as not had the best start to the season by his standards .
He's one of the first names on the team sheet right now, when he's fit. If both are fit and on top form, I'd pick Rafael 100 times over Coleman.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Played 3200 league mins last season in comparison to 1300 for Rafael.
Is last season really a good comparison? It's clear Moyes wasn't into Rafa, even when he was fit.

I'm guessing Rafa wasn't much into Moyes either...

Manucho the boss

He's one of the first names on the team sheet right now, when he's fit. If both are fit and on top form, I'd pick Rafael 100 times over Coleman.
I'll judge him on the league and international football. I wouldn't judge Rafael a poor player because he's not in Europe this year either.

fishfingers15

I'll judge him on the league and international football. I wouldn't judge Rafael a poor player because he's not in Europe this year either.
Rafael is a proven player in Europe and the League, while Seamus Coleman is not. He's a fine player for Everton, but there's no guarantee that he can make the step up for United. Look at Fellaini.

You can judge him in whatever way you want to, I'll just be thankful that you are not picking the team then.

Manucho the boss

Rafael is a proven player in Europe and the League, while Seamus Coleman is not. He's a fine player for Everton, but there's no guarantee that he can make the step up for United. Look at Fellaini.

You can judge him in whatever way you want to, I'll just be thankful that you are not picking the team then.
Fellaini couldn't adapt to a different role here, Coleman would have the same role so I doubt there would be any issues there. We've had plenty of successful signings that weren't proven in Europe so I'm glad you aren't picking our signings.

Sheldon69

Yeh like I said rafa when fit is top class but I think if you put Coleman and Rafael up for sale then Coleman would fetch the biggest transfer fee irrelevant on who who is the better .

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Coleman better than Rafael? Yeah, alright then, I suppose Howard is better than De Gea too and Mirallas better than Di Maria, while we're at it.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Anyone who watched Everton over the last 18months would be blind not to see how decent Coleman has been for them, consistently as well, I've no clue who'd be a better fit for us, but I know I personally don't trust Rafael to be fit week in, week out.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Coleman better than Rafael? Yeah, alright then, I suppose Howard is better than De Gea too and Mirallas better than Di Maria, while we're at it.
No, but Coleman is probably better than Rafael though. Coleman was the best right-back in the league last season, alongside Zabaleta. I like Rafael, but he is massively overrated on RedCafe.

Status
Not open for further replies.