Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossy1686

career ending
Struggling to see your point here.

Are you comparing me to a football club?

Do you find it difficult to buy things over a couple of grand?

Just to confirm, I'm not blaming United. I imagine we've done our bit. Atalanta on the other hand.
I’m saying that buying anything for a large amount of money involves process, negotiation, proof of funds and multiple bodies doing various checks. It’s not buy now get free postage.

Atalanta are obviously holding out for more money and United aren’t budging. It seems the player wants the move though and that’s forcing their hand.

kaku06

Vulgarian
Pedullà just Tweeted this out.

To be clear, this is the amount that will help in advancing the negotiations and not necessarily sealing the deal.
Thanks mate. So there is a chance we negotiate the fee down and get him for around £55 plus add ons.

MUFC OK

This lad has a touch as heavy as Lukaku and we’ve got fans pining for his signature? Make it make sense.

No wonder Atalanta are “in a hurry“ to sell for €75m.

kaku06

Vulgarian
This lad has a touch as heavy as Lukaku and we’ve got fans pining for his signature? Make it make sense.

No wonder Atalanta are “in a hurry“ to sell for €75m.
You tell all this so late now when we are about to close the deal? Where were you all this while when we needed you?

MUFC OK

You tell all this so late now when we are about to close the deal? Where were you all this while when we needed you?
I’ve said it a couple of times before but only recently that I watched enough of his games - there was a thread on twitter of his whole performances against several top clubs. I’m far from convinced - we can’t take this gamble. Don’t think the lad is good enough at all.

Davie Moyes

Can we nominate @Adnan for best poster of 2023? Always posts insightfully, absolute gem of a poster :drool:
He would get my vote for sure. I'm always on the look out for his posts (kind of like the opposite of ignore).

I bet somebody is going to tell me there's some sort of notification/alert feature on the Caf that I could be using.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
The market price for strikers is bonkers anyway. Transfermarkt values this guy at 45 million euros. If we can get a deal done for about 60-65 million euros then I would make the deal.

We cannot go into the season with Martial as our only striker. I can’t even think of anyone else to get than Højlund. Kane ain’t happening.

Tarrou

How much do you think should be our last offer?
Well I’m clueless but I can’t see how he’s worth more than 50 myself

I hope we get him and he looks talented, but we have to draw the line somewhere

I guess it will end up like 40+10 or thereabouts

Woziak

What’s the fee for Hojlund?
It looks like Atlanta want £60m guaranteed and £4m in add ons which is €70m plus €5m and Wages of €7.5m Euros gross or €4m Net which is too much for a 20 year old, this is £120k per week if we put him on a 5 year contract amortise the cost over 5 years he’s going to cost £12m transfer Fee plus £6.5m wages, so £18.5m per year, if we don’t get Kane, highly unlikely, we’ll go after O Watkins now or I Toney In January.

S Amrabat at £20m with similar wages is a great signing but it means Mctominay and Fred are defintely off.

kaku06

Vulgarian
Well I’m clueless but I can’t see how he’s worth more than 50 myself

I hope we get him and he looks talented, but we have to draw the line somewhere

I guess it will end up like 40+10 or thereabouts
He shouldn’t be more than £40m ideally but it’s the sellers market for strikers and united tax on top of that. I still hope we get him below £50m but i think it would be closer to £60m.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Good, hope it’s true.

£45m-ish with add ons is a sensible approach and the right price to pay for what Højlund has achieved and shown thus far.
Can you imagine we thought we’d found the new Kane in the Austrian league and we signed him for 20 million quid. We put a season of development into him where he looks exciting but is raw and yet to put it all together and then say Real come along and say hey we are a bigger club than you and we are taking over his development now? The player is up for it. We’d be looking for as much money as possible. Certainly more than 45 million and rightly so. It’s obviously a calculated gamble on our part. Atalanta are a selling club but within reason. they don’t just have to sell because Utd come knocking with an offer. It’s also not based on what he’s shown so far. Atalanta would obviously rather he came good and they got a few seasons out of him and a lot more money. If he fails they are not going to lose much on their initial 20 million investment. It’s what he’s showing that he might be capable of in the future that dictates the price. The price is the price. I don’t see anyone else of the same age and profile in a top league in Europe who we’d get for much less.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
This is the problem. Currently he’s a £30m + £20m type level prospect (and that’s being fairly generous), who should be coming in to a club like United as back up to an established star. Instead, Atalanta know that they have us somewhat over a barrel, hence the ridiculous pricing. Seems like we are being sensible but I hope we have a good back up plan.
They've got his replacement signed for what's deemed a big fee for the club so I'd imagine they are resigned to him leaving. The domino's have fallen and I think they'd compromise now.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
It looks like Atlanta want £60m guaranteed and £4m in add ons which is €70m plus €5m and Wages of €7.5m Euros gross or €4m Net which is too much for a 20 year old, this is £120k per week if we put him on a 5 year contract amortise the cost over 5 years he’s going to cost £12m transfer Fee plus £6.5m wages, so £18.5m per year, if we don’t get Kane, highly unlikely, we’ll go after O Watkins now or I Toney In January.

S Amrabat at £20m with similar wages is a great signing but it means Mctominay and Fred are defintely off.
I honestly think Watkins in this ETH team would be amazing.

He’d make Utd an absolute nightmare to play against.

Chief123

Source (Tier 3):
It just goes to show how obscene money in football is now, in particular Saudi. Hojlund would be one of the best youngsters in Europe joining arguably the biggest team in the world where at the same time Mbappe could earn Hojlund’s annual salary in just 2.5 days.

Nori-

Can appreciate apprehension over a 20year old with very little experience.....but why on earth would you be more than happy for Martial to be our first choice striker when he has literally had one good season in what is it seven or eight here now? Fitness isnt the only problem with Martial, far from it
I agree, im not Martials biggest fan but with limited funds we might not have much choice.

The reason his numbers havn't been so good over the years is his constant injuries. He gets a decent run going, starts scoring a few goals and BOOM, a new injury and the process starts over again.

If ETH can keep him fit this year, hes more than capable though.

Someone

Something
Kane would give us instant impact, from game 1.
Another striker would need time to bed into the team.
Hojlund would probably need about 3 years to adapt to the EPL and MUFC.
3 years? How did you come up with that?

I don't buy into adapting to the league bit, it doesn't take that long. Most of the best strikers in the premier league history started doing great in their first season, and some players like Torres for example, did great with Liverpool then it didn't work out with Chelsea, even though he had the premier league experience then. Some players just fit in and some don't, this 3 years thing is pure fantasy.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

I don't buy into adapting to the league bit, it doesn't take that long. Most of the best strikers in the premier league history started doing great in their first season, and some players like Torres for example, did great with Liverpool then it didn't work out with Chelsea, even though he had the premier league experience then. Some players just fit in and some don't, this 3 years thing is pure fantasy.
Hojlund isn't coming with even half of the promise Torres or Augero etc. Had.

There are other examples of young promising strikers, say Werner for example who came in and flopped. Or Firminho who needed a good 1.5 seasons at least to settle.

I dont think it's as long as 3 years. I don't think he'll be afforded that time. But hel definitely need time nonetheless.

Plastic Evra

People say the market is dire for central forwards and it is true. There was however a few opportunities to be had (Marcus Thuram on a free), a few confirmed signings for amounts below 70m$ by Chelsea, Juventus, and other PL clubs and there's still players on the market in that range or slightly below (not significantly cheaper, granted).

I'm not saying I know better than the club. Perhaps those players don't have the right profile, don't appeal to ten Hag or the sport direction, maybe talks we are not privy to didn't pan out, maybe they're not up to the nebulous "United quality" ?

I just hope the club won't overpay. Overall I feel the recruitment last two seasons has been pretty astute (at the very least seems to target the right positions) but United is stuck in old ways of doing business that are getting more and more financially prohibitive and with less certainties. MU is not Brighton but if once in a while they could spend as smart as them... Every window is a spent 100m+ affair, I'm not sure it is a good thing.

Someone

Something
Hojlund isn't coming with even half of the promise Torres or Augero etc. Had.

There are other examples of young promising strikers, say Werner for example who came in and flopped. Or Firminho who needed a good 1.5 seasons at least to settle.

I dont think it's as long as 3 years. I don't think he'll be afforded that time. But hel definitely need time nonetheless.
I'm not saying he's going to definitely succeed, but I don't think he'll get 3 years to prove his worth. If he's a good player and playing regularly, he should get 10 to 15 goals in his first season. A season like WW and someone else will be bought to replace him next summer.

Personally I'm optimistic about him, and I believe he'll do really well. He has the attributes of a good PL striker, and we create a lot of chances. It's a good fit.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Yeah but L1nk has a point. There’s more to recruitment than finding the guy with Eleventy-Five “goal actions” but some posters think there isn’t.
I partially agreed with that point. Although shutting down other opinion by using "manager is a pro, while you're not" is probably against the existence of football forum.

I mean, even the manager isn't sure that this guy will be a massive success. Otherwise, we wouldn't even balking out at Atlanta's asking price.

EDIT: come to think again, my reply to @L1nk was overly aggressive. I apologize for that, man.

Last edited:

daba

If they reject €70+5m they are mad. Should realistically be about €50+15m max but they know we're borderline desperate and we've put 95% of our eggs in Hojland's basket.

Take the money lads.

Kramer

It’s not hard to put this together.

Atalanta asked us for 75 M euros.

We negotiated hard. Really hard.

Told British press they asked for 100 M euros.

After our hard hard negotiating, got the figure down to somewhere between 70-75 M euros.

Keep telling the press we will not overpay.

Take the plaudits from the British press when this eventually closes for between 70-75 M euros about our hard negotiating stance this summer.

Seems we’re waiting for Atalanta to come to a complete agreement for El Bilal Toure.

And then we close this deal.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I agree, im not Martials biggest fan but with limited funds we might not have much choice.

The reason his numbers havn't been so good over the years is his constant injuries. He gets a decent run going, starts scoring a few goals and BOOM, a new injury and the process starts over again.

If ETH can keep him fit this year, hes more than capable though.
Agreed. He’s fundamentally a very good player, with all the attributes needed to be a success in this side; but the injuries mean he can never get a run going. It’s clear he cannot be relied upon, but I would be perfectly happy with him staying as a rotational striker. We aren’t buying two strikers this summer, I’m also sure if that. So him staying is necessary. We just can’t be in a position where it’s Martial or bust. That fecked us last year.

Abraxas

Agreed. He’s fundamentally a very good player, with all the attributes needed to be a success in this side; but the injuries mean he can never get a run going. It’s clear he cannot be relied upon, but I would be perfectly happy with him staying as a rotational striker. We aren’t buying two strikers this summer, I’m also sure if that. So him staying is necessary. We just can’t be in a position where it’s Martial or bust. That fecked us last year.
I wouldn't say all the attributes. Movement, winning mentality, energy, really sniffing out goals to become a high scorer? I think Martial lacks a lot of attributes even when he is fit. Undoubtedly injuries don't help him get into his best form and rhythm though.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'm not saying he's going to definitely succeed, but I don't think he'll get 3 years to prove his worth. If he's a good player and playing regularly, he should get 10 to 15 goals in his first season. A season like WW and someone else will be bought to replace him next summer.

Personally I'm optimistic about him, and I believe he'll do really well. He has the attributes of a good PL striker, and we create a lot of chances. It's a good fit.
Yeah I can't argue there. I think in our set up he can score 15 in season one. And that would be a solid start from him.

croadyman

So you are saying sign Hojlund now and potentially Toney in January or am I wrong

Chief123

A certain Norwegian took his time settling in by smashing every premier league record in his first season. “Settling in” period is over rated.

croadyman

I think ideally Erik would have had the funds for both him and Kane,unfortunately the takeover wasn't sorted in time so not possible

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Im laughing at anyone thinking we are selling Sancho. ETH clearly rates him a lot higher than we do.
Ye I wouldn’t sell him and I don’t want us to because I think he’ll be a useful addition and he’ll probably become good this season. Especially if we sign a ST. We need to play him on the right though and rotate with Antony. Rashford and Garnacho for the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.