Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johan77

Yeah, so probably just means him not starting all the games and at times being used from the bench while Rashford (or occasionally Martial) start as the #9.

That's just common sense given his age, acclimatisation process, and the fact he didn't always start for Atalanta last season either so should be no guarantees he'll always start straight away for us stepping up a level in club and league.
This

joedirt87

Expecting his debut against Tottenham given the general time frame of negotiations (preparing bid 2, sending bid 2, rejecting bid 2, etc) but could come against Wolves if things get wrapped up in the next 7-10 days.

Mike Smalling

I’d still favor slightly overpaying for this guy than not getting a striker at all. I feel like we can’t really move forward next season without bringing in a striker. He will probably not get 30, but even if he get 15-20 and contributes to stringing the play together that will do.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Looks like we'll get this guy. Is he good enough/will he score enough goal? Is he a new RvP or RvN, I don't get that vibe at all...
Neither, he’s 20 with good strength, good pace and good at all basics. He can be moulded with good coaching. Anyone expecting returns of an RVP at this stage of his career will be seriously disappointed.

Dempsey19

I’d still favor slightly overpaying for this guy than not getting a striker at all. I feel like we can’t really move forward next season without bringing in a striker. He will probably not get 30, but even if he get 15-20 and contributes to stringing the play together that will do.
Same. I'd rather overpay than not have a striker again. No point holding out for Kane next year as he could join Bayern on deadline day for all we know. Then we overpay for a striker next year.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

The striker, who has a contractual agreement with MU as announced by the English press, intends to respect his agreement if MU agrees with Atalanta. For PSG, it remains a hope that MU will not succeed.

Crimson King

Neither, he’s 20 with good strength, good pace and good at all basics. He can be moulded with good coaching. Anyone expecting returns of an RVP at this stage of his career will be seriously disappointed.
Don't think RvP and RvN are good archetypes anyway, a young Cavani is probably more appropriate, but like you say it's a fools game making these comparisons.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Come on. Let’s not lose our main CF target to bloody PSG. He’s apparently a United fan too.

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐
He won’t play LW. That is speculation. Clearly there’s been a brief that he’ll be rotated with Rashford (which to be fair guarantees Garnacho minutes so no problem there).

Makes sense to not just throw him in full time and hope for the best.

Woziak

The scary thing for me is that even if we sign him it won't be enough. Our preseason games have shown that we need to bring in 2 CFs.
Patrick Schick should be a serious option probably available at £35-45m and an experienced target man

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I think what Whitwell is saying is that the plan is to introduce him on the flank to get him settled into the league before playing him in a central striking role.
Yeah but that seems pointless. Why would you play him out of position to make it easier for him to adapt?

Devil You Know

The fact that nobody has reported a contract agreement between Hojlund and PSG suggests that Hojlund will probably be pushing Atalanta to accept the United bid instead. Hopefully that can save us a few quid and PSG's interest won't increase the final price.

Mike Smalling

Seems like a Mount situation, where it will happen eventually. Just a matter of the last negotiations.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
The more this drags on and the more it seems we are still likely going to end up another CF, even with Rasmus - the more the whole Greenwood situation annoys me again. He could have very well plateaud had he continued playing but at the very least there would have been more backup to Martial. I really hope the club has plans to double stack this position.

An experienced striker in the twilight of his career would be wonderful for instance. What's Giroud doing these days?

alexthelion

I think you’re high on Kane and low on Hojlund. Hojlund will be on 150k+ wages no doubt. Kane at most 350k. Levy won’t get 120k for Kane, not when we can negotiate with him in January. The gap is closer to 15m, not 30. Throw in extra CL revenues, clearly Kane is affordable.
Wasn't it stated that Kane wants £600k per week?

Bertie Wooster

I like the sound of that. :drool:

Really need to get this deal completed and finally get our #9 in. And loving the idea of a young, talented long term striker like Hojlund after years of numerous short fix 30+ year olds.

ShinjiNinja26

United's transfer gurus (overseen by the leeches) are going to cock this up aren't they
Why? We’ve secured all of our first choice targets so far this window and signed them all for less money than the selling club originally demanded. Bit odd to criticise Murtough and co right now considering this is the most efficient and competently the club have operated in the market in years. This will get done, relax.

Bertie Wooster

United's transfer gurus (overseen by the leeches) are going to cock this up aren't they
The clubs not done well in the past, but very happy with the two summers since ETH arrived.

This year, considering the takeover / FFP issues, seems to be developing into a good effort. Two good signings so far, positive reports about Hojlund and Amrabat, and we do seem to be making progress in terms of getting rid of the unwanted players - albeit that's slower and tougher going because of the wages they're on.

CasaStreets

I wonder if this deal will happen similarly to Martial's, with a very high 'sticker price' but a very large portion of it contingent upon success versus a more experienced, established player. Could see it landing around €50m + 15m contingent.

croadyman

Laurie Whitwell is saying that United will be patient with Hojlund and won't make him a automatic starter straight away, with Rashford playing as the central striker and Hojlund playing on the left wing.

I assume playing on the RW could also be a option.
FFS Utd just sign another striker instead of moving Rashford where he isn't suited. Worrying to see the talk of signing two forwards has stopped,does that mean you know who is maybe returning at some point

croadyman

Strange that we’ve left our biggest priority position to strengthen until last. I still think the Hojlund deal will get done but I’d have much preferred he had the chance to bed in during pre season first. The fact they’re saying we hope to have it done before the first game of the season indicates we’re prepared to drag this one out for a while yet but ideally it won’t come to that.
Yeah not having this sorted before the tour wasn't an ideal scenario at all

croadyman

Starting to see the benefits of Mount, we are so open when Ericsen plays as the 8, Mount work rate is impressive and it’s shame K Maino got injured, this why you need 7 options in midfield, you will always have 1/2 injured or banned, just due to the intensity of the position. We have left far too long to be getting a CFW in, we should have had 2 CFW needed all window, Marcus is ok when the team plays on the counter but against dominant CB’s he struggles.

We should have been looking at Kane plus M Dembele on a free if that wasn’t possible then P Schick and R Hojlund.
The Czech lad had a bad season last year but he’s elite, 27 and probably available at £40m after last year.
Yeah disappointed we aren't signing two

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
If this isn't progressing then Ritchie and Murtz must be trying to figure out if we can get Harry Kane.

edit; ok have caught up with the tweets, looks like it's on?

Status
Not open for further replies.