Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesjimmybyrondean

We got fleeced, simple as. But it’s becoming the norm. Arsenal got fleeced for Rice, Liverpool got fleeced for Nunez, Brighton trying to fleece Chelsea for Caicedo and we would probably get fleeced again next year.

saik

It is 70 million plus 5 million easy bonus euros which is 60+4 million £. Then there may be an additional package of bonuses that are harder to achieve.
Yeah, I'll choose to go with Romano on this one being 70m euros with addons. Which comes down to 60m pounds which is a very fair offer. Not sure why we would go from 42m pounds initial verbal offer to then bidding 70m pounds. Just doesn't make any sense.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
He really hasn’t.

He’s ranting zealously about hypothetical situations and accusing people of frothing at the mouth for something that hasn’t even happened.

The only thing that’s nailed is you - being hammered on Spar shop alcopops.

Go to bed, heap.
:lol:

He has nailed you though.

zaafi

All players are immediately divisive on the Caf, because the Caf always has that vocal element that are ready to have a moan about literally anything. There isn’t a single transfer in the last decade that didn’t come with a fair share of doomsayers. The list of what people get wound up about and the red flags they find is as interminable as it is often contradictory. And of course when someone complains about everything, they are going to sometimes be right; which just reinforces the self aggrandising rhetoric and deepens the nihilistic malaise.

The amount of premature ejaculation that will occur on here this season after a missed Hojlund chance or a poor Mount performance, is going to be almost as revolting as the inevitable “I told you so”s. Never mind the deafening silence after a good performance, because the resident quim burgers always have another target to move on to.

Let us never forget that this is the place that gave us the now infamous “Rashford, new contract or sell” thread, in which an unhealthy amount of posters insisted we should release him on a free due to his overwhelming and incurable shiteness. Those of us who pointed out the utter madness of this suggestion were vilified.

So no, the divisiveness of a signing is not indicative of anything to do with the quality of a signing. It’s just a by product of the enormous amounts of mouth frothing, knee jerking, miserable stupidity regularly on display here. I genuinely believe that there is a sizeable portion of this forum that actually want to see Hojlund fail so they think they can look good by predicting we overpaid. Of course they won’t look good, ever. Not now in moaning about the fee, or later doing their tribalistic “I knew better” song and dance. In both instances they will look like the embittered, toxic, hate-fans that they really are.
:lol: :lol: Laughing so hard at this. Needed this after reading the endless amount of vomit on here after signing him.

honirelandboy

We've signed three quality players in key positions that strengthen the spine of the first team. But still some people just love to moan incessantly because in their heads they could've negotiated the prices down by £10m, despite having literally no experience in negotiating football transfers
This 100%. Our team is basically complete now and an overall good age. Future transfer now will only be for complete superstars that will walk into the first 11 which we haven't seen at United for a long long time. One superstar every transfer window is all that's really needed now. To think back of the days of McFred in midfield makes shudder. Ten Hag is building something special and havn't been this impressed with any manager since Fergie.

stw2022

If he doesn't work we'll look stupid. If he works out and we get a talisman for 12 years for £72m it'll be an incredible deal.

Red Rash

I'm not too worried by the fee. It's definitely on the high side but we've already brought in Onana, Mount and Amrabat seems more dependent on freeing up a squad space by selling Fred, McTominay or both.

It may backfire of course but whether we spend 50 million, 55 million or 60 million on him won't really have a major bearing in the long run. He will hopefully be a success then the fee will seem a bargain or he will flop and the fee is pretty irrelevant.

Real Name

All players are immediately divisive on the Caf, because the Caf always has that vocal element that are ready to have a moan about literally anything. There isn’t a single transfer in the last decade that didn’t come with a fair share of doomsayers. The list of what people get wound up about and the red flags they find is as interminable as it is often contradictory. And of course when someone complains about everything, they are going to sometimes be right; which just reinforces the self aggrandising rhetoric and deepens the nihilistic malaise.

The amount of premature ejaculation that will occur on here this season after a missed Hojlund chance or a poor Mount performance, is going to be almost as revolting as the inevitable “I told you so”s. Never mind the deafening silence after a good performance, because the resident quim burgers always have another target to move on to.

Let us never forget that this is the place that gave us the now infamous “Rashford, new contract or sell” thread, in which an unhealthy amount of posters insisted we should release him on a free due to his overwhelming and incurable shiteness. Those of us who pointed out the utter madness of this suggestion were mocked and vilified for extolling values such as patience and reason, because as Mark Twain said; “Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.”

So no, the divisiveness of a signing is not indicative of anything to do with the quality of a signing. It’s just a by product of the enormous amounts of mouth frothing, knee jerking, miserable stupidity regularly on display here. I genuinely believe that there is a sizeable portion of this forum that actually want to see Hojlund fail so they think they can look good by predicting we overpaid. Of course they won’t look good, ever. Not now in moaning about the fee, or later doing their tribalistic “I knew better” song and dance. In both instances they will look like the embittered, toxic, hate-fans that they really are.
Now this is nailing.

marktan

It does not…
It literally says that at the start of the article. £64m + £8m in add ons.

Orstein says 85m euros including add ons.
I’m not angry, I’m underwhelmed and concerned about Utd’s only 2 outfield signings this Summer.

When players are immediately divisive upon signing, you know there’s a strong element of risk with them.

I’ll be completely blunt - given where the squad is right now, I think blowing £120m on Mount and Højlund is fecking batshit and borderline idiotic, that’s what I honestly think.

Onana REALLY excites me and I think is a great transfer!
Agreed with all of this. Happy with Onana.

Think we should've just used the Mount + Hojlund money on Osimhen or Kane really. Ideally Osimhen.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
There are some players that have that desire and fight to get onto balls that many would have given up on and then score, this guy looks like one of those. Feels like a signing that fits some of what ETH is asking for, absolute hunger and determination mixed with quality.
Hope he become a massive success.

Jev

He’s got six goals in 6 games for Denmark, I do know that much about him. But what do you think of his 6 games for Denmark?
I know ETH enough to certainly trust EtH to know the type player he needs to work with in that specific position(s).
I think he'll be a good starting striker for Denmark for years. I haven't yet seen anything that gives me confidence that he has it in him to become one of the best strikers of his generation. Most facets of his game are very raw, he doesn't really stand out in any particular area, and despite scoring a lot of goals in those games, he actually missed quite a few big chances too. I'm excited to see a Danish striker at United and I hope for the sake of both my club and country that I'm wrong but I simply don't see him as someone who has it in him to nail down a starting spot at a club like United – and I think it's also somewhat worrying that the coaches at FC Copenhagen didn't really rate him that highly just 18 months ago.

Cela

damn, some people I born to be negative. even Atlanta paid a lot of money for him for his obvious qualities. he just turned 20. paying 100 million and prime salary for Kane who will have zero sell on value in four years doesn't make business sense. It is a long vision. build a team for three years that might dominate for many years. getting Kane now doesn't guarantee winning a league this season considering the quality of Man City. it best to build now and close the gap in quality. This guy is an exciting prospect that that I personably prefer over players almost at the end of their career.

Reactions: Penna

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
And of course Mount and Højlund might both be absolute bangers, but for what the squad currently needs, I think it’s a daft way to spunk upwards of £120m - that’s just my layman opinion and it’ll only be changed by what these players hopefully do on the pitch.
All due respect but this is everything that makes the cafe such a downer these days. People forming concrete opinions on players before we've even seen them sign a contract with the club, let alone actually play. It affects anybodys ability to view something impartially.

I think we've got a very talented manager here who knows exactly what type of squad he's trying to build, and is backed up by people that seem capable of improving a lot of our players. They seem to believe that Hojlund is worth the investment so us 'laymen' should take some confidence from that.

We had a very promising first season under Ten Hag, and the squad already looks better than it was. Get excited. Why not?

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Good for you. Continue with your nonsense. Cheers.
I shall, my friend. With this:

At the time I wrote my post, I thought we'd pay like 60m euros plus bonuses. Turns out it's even worse!
It's all relative, isn't it. I say it's money wasted, others say it's not. The last decade and a billion+ wasted and another billion in debt, the club is sure run by fine people. The future is bright.

RuudTom83

Can’t help but feel dubious about the fees reported…but that is me being cynical of the media reporting around everything United do.

Over to you Hojlund! He must be feel amazing tonight.

Doracle

="honirelandboy, post: 30860286, member: 122097"]
This 100%. Our team is basically complete now and an overall good age. Future transfer now will only be for complete superstars that will walk into the first 11 which we haven't seen at United for a long long time. One superstar every transfer window is all that's really needed now.
Or in 12 months time when it transpires that a kid with 9 goals for a mid-table team in Serie A isn’t actually good enough to lead the line for United? At the fee we are apparently paying, this is one of the most high risk transfers I can ever remember and I really really hope we’ve got it right.

Wolverine

He looks more like a classic centre forward poacher, looking forward to the poaching.

Real Name

At the time I wrote my post, I thought we'd pay like 60m euros plus bonuses. Turns out it's even worse!
It's all relative, isn't it. I say it's money wasted, others say it's not. The last decade and a billion+ wasted and another billion in debt, the club is sure run by fine people. The future is bright.
Thing is you said we got skinned for all 3 deals which is simply untrue.

And it's not as if we're buying some nobodies.

Judas

Open to offers
All due respect but this is everything that makes the cafe such a downer these days. People forming concrete opinions on players before we've even seen them sign a contract with the club, let alone actually play. It affects anybodys ability to view something impartially.

I think we've got a very talented manager here who knows exactly what type of squad he's trying to build, and is backed up by people that seem capable of improving a lot of our players. They seem to believe that Hojlund is worth the investment so us 'laymen' should take some confidence from that.

We had a very promising first season under Ten Hag, and the squad already looks better than it was. Get excited. Why not?
This. A million times this. This whole football thing is entertainment, I just feel pity at so much searching for the miserable in everything that happens.

There are some players that have that desire and fight to get onto balls that many would have given up on and then score, this guy looks like one of those. Feels like a signing that fits some of what ETH is asking for, absolute hunger and determination mixed with quality.
Hope he become a massive success.
It's an underestimated quality. Garnacho has it too, he's not a world leading talent but he has a drive in him that makes him just as dangerous. I hope Hojlund is the same.

saik

Depends on who you choose to believe. Romano says 70m euros with addons, which is closer to what you thought. I won't believe we would bid 72m pounds after the initial verbal bid was around 42m pounds.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
We got fleeced, simple as. But it’s becoming the norm. Arsenal got fleeced for Rice, Liverpool got fleeced for Nunez, Brighton trying to fleece Chelsea for Caicedo and we would probably get fleeced again next year.
All of whom miles more established than Hojlund.

0le

Great signing. Good fee too. Hopefully we can get a back up for Casemiro and that'll be that for incomings.

Gandalf

Dreadful apparently.
Crazy, every time the OP gets answered he is worse. He started at about the same level as Martial, now he is dreadful and I expect soon he will be labeled the worst header of a ball in the history of the game.

He is ok in the air but as with much of his game he has room for improvement. It is not beyond the realms of possibility that a 20 year old working with a World Class coach might get better as a player regardless of what the moaning feckers in here think.

Status
Not open for further replies.