RAWK Goes into Meltdown 2014/2015 - The "We go again" Edition

Manucho the boss

Is he trying to use changes in the exchange rate to say this is the biggest transfer ever? :D

£75m is big fee but I'd imagine taking into account inflation then Ronaldo is still the highest but even Bale last summer was £78m. They're clutching at straws

Waltraute

She-Devil
We're going to goeballs deep into these pricks these year as they fade into obscurity.
:lol:
The 'Mancs hounded him out' narrative is getting going --
Obviously mate, but we can spare our hatred for the mancs and their ilk, surely. There have been wum's on here spouting venom at him since the nanosecond his teeth touched the bologna shoulders of that Italian. Without pause, without halting for breath, just pouring it all over him. I find it sickening as feck and I hope our new signings aren't having a peek at any of it.
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=315091.msg13009301#msg13009301

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
“He has chosen to go to Arsenal for whatever means and that will be down to him,” he added.
“He doesn’t realise what he has missed by not coming to Liverpool; the passion and the power that comes with playing for LFC, and the worldwide recognition that he would have.
“He’s chosen to go to London and I think that will have been a big draw and I think that would have been the marquee signing.
That's not from a RAWK poster but from Phil Thompson.

He could easily be a RAWK poster with the delusion though.

A1X

That's not from a RAWK poster but from Phil Thompson.

He could easily be a RAWK poster with the delusion though.
Jesus wept. It shows you how much the media eat out of Liverpools hands really that he can say shit like that but Gary Neville has to turn into the worlds most balanced pundit.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Liverpool just aren't an attractive proposition for top class players. Oh well, 5 times.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Phil Thompson sees Liverpool as the clubs that's been English champions 18 times and European champions 5 times. Others may see them as the club that hasn't been champions of England for 24 years.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
I doubt Suarez will be 2nd fiddle. His drive is just too immense to accept that. He will become the main player.
That Leo Messi lad better get used to being 2nd fiddle...

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Found this on Rawk. Not sure if this is his official page or not.

But it's a bit cringey really.

Loved the "players come and go but Stevie always there" comment. Those transfer requests all forgotten then.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Jesus wept. It shows you how much the media eat out of Liverpools hands really that he can say shit like that but Gary Neville has to turn into the worlds most balanced pundit.
Indeed. It's partly down to Neville being fairly intelligent, though. Whereas Phil is fairly thick. To put it mildly.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Phil Thompson sees Liverpool as the clubs that's been English champions 18 times and European champions 5 times. Others may see them as the club that hasn't been champions of England for 24 years.
Yeah but they have twice in the last five years achieved the greatest second place finish since time was invented.

Gotta count for something.

MoskvaRed

Thompson should be on Liverpool TV or whatever it's called. Either that or Sky should hire Paddy Crerand for similar one-eyed punditry.

Parry Gallister

Yeah but they have twice in the last five years achieved the greatest second place finish since time was invented.

Gotta count for something.
Oh does it. Saw this blast from the past quoted on RAWK earlier - it's from their last 2nd place finish.

'Quote from: Rafas3leggedtable on May 20, 2009, 06:20:00 AM
I struggled sleeping last night and got up to once again try and relate problems in life to what happens at this club I love. I am still smarting from losing this league title this season and I am sure Rafa is. I am also sure it grates him how Ferguson is coming out smelling of roses once more. You see, until we actually win the title, he will gain this undeserved praise and he will continue to have his ridiculous childish ramblings interpreted by sections of the media as him 'winning' the mind games. I am pleased Rafa has stood up to the playground bully this season. It wasnt Rafa's fight, it was mainly the other kids getting bullied you see, but as a humble and decent man Rafa thought it was time to right some wrongs. The line is in the sand now and we all know where we stand. Now we can look forward to a very interesting five years with Rafa holding all the right chess pieces.

As I saw 2 bright stars in the clear night from my bedroom window I focused on them for a minute or two and as I did, a shooting star came and disected the two. For them few moments I allowed myself to dream. I dreamt that perhaps Rafa was stood looking at the same stars and had seen the same thing. It is a huge world out there but then people say what a small world (you know like when you see someone you vaguely know when abroad on holiday). And when you know that there are millions of people out there who share the same dream as you, of Rafa clenching his fist in front of the kop with a scarf tied Shankly-esque around his neck, you do tend to think that it is a small world.

These are no longer pipe dreams, they are in real danger of happening. And as we all know dream do come true, they have done and they will continue to.

You see I dream alot. When Arsenal and Henry were tearing Carra a new arse I dreamt that one day we would have an outlet like him who could just release pressure and make something out of nothing. When we were winning the treble and having to constantly put two fingers up to those who dubbed us boring, I celebrated wildly but at the back of my mind I longed for high quality fast football. Something we could hold up as a benchmark against United and Arsenal that we could build on for years to come. When those hazy wonderful days that followed Istanbul began to fade and that weird summer followed, I laid on the beach and felt a bit angry at the constant 'lucky liverpool' jibes. Lucky or a sign of real character? A blending of both I will privately admit but there was even something infinite-feeling, frightening in a way, about knowing that for as long as I live I will never see a match like that again.

I remember so clearly the league game before the Juventus home game that season and the mighty John Welsh was in centre midfield, the enigma that was Igor Biscan had a 'free role' in front of the back four and Steven Gerrard was the lone striker who at times was fed scraps from long deep balls.

I made a prayer that evening as I caught the bus back to Liverpool city centre that we somehow did go onto win this magical European Cup, in doing so undoubtedly acting as the springboard that Rafa desperately needed. The rest as they say is history. We have got stronger every season and now a car that needed almost a complete overhaul 4 years ago now just requires one or two tweaks each pre-season.

I make a plea to all us fans, myself included, to not place all our hopes into next seasons basket or even the season after. We can get too 'hung up' on winning this bloody title. It WILL come, we just dont know when. If we are in the same position with United/Arsenal/Chelsea going into April every season I will settle for that. We are now worthy to be sat at the same table with them. We are as good as any team in this league. Rafa has us playing, the majority of the time, fantastic pass and move football. Football I wasnt sure I would see again for a long, long time. I thank him, and the players for that.

That dream I had not long after the 2001 treble has already come true. The others did too. Last night's is only a matter of time.'

The response?
Reply #500 on:Today at 12:05:24 PM »
We go again.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Oh does it. Saw this blast from the past quoted on RAWK earlier - it's from their last 2nd place finish.

'Quote from: Rafas3leggedtable on May 20, 2009, 06:20:00 AM
I struggled sleeping last night and got up to once again try and relate problems in life to what happens at this club I love. I am still smarting from losing this league title this season and I am sure Rafa is. I am also sure it grates him how Ferguson is coming out smelling of roses once more. You see, until we actually win the title, he will gain this undeserved praise and he will continue to have his ridiculous childish ramblings interpreted by sections of the media as him 'winning' the mind games. I am pleased Rafa has stood up to the playground bully this season. It wasnt Rafa's fight, it was mainly the other kids getting bullied you see, but as a humble and decent man Rafa thought it was time to right some wrongs. The line is in the sand now and we all know where we stand. Now we can look forward to a very interesting five years with Rafa holding all the right chess pieces.

As I saw 2 bright stars in the clear night from my bedroom window I focused on them for a minute or two and as I did, a shooting star came and disected the two. For them few moments I allowed myself to dream. I dreamt that perhaps Rafa was stood looking at the same stars and had seen the same thing. It is a huge world out there but then people say what a small world (you know like when you see someone you vaguely know when abroad on holiday). And when you know that there are millions of people out there who share the same dream as you, of Rafa clenching his fist in front of the kop with a scarf tied Shankly-esque around his neck, you do tend to think that it is a small world.

These are no longer pipe dreams, they are in real danger of happening. And as we all know dream do come true, they have done and they will continue to.

You see I dream alot. When Arsenal and Henry were tearing Carra a new arse I dreamt that one day we would have an outlet like him who could just release pressure and make something out of nothing. When we were winning the treble and having to constantly put two fingers up to those who dubbed us boring, I celebrated wildly but at the back of my mind I longed for high quality fast football. Something we could hold up as a benchmark against United and Arsenal that we could build on for years to come. When those hazy wonderful days that followed Istanbul began to fade and that weird summer followed, I laid on the beach and felt a bit angry at the constant 'lucky liverpool' jibes. Lucky or a sign of real character? A blending of both I will privately admit but there was even something infinite-feeling, frightening in a way, about knowing that for as long as I live I will never see a match like that again.

I remember so clearly the league game before the Juventus home game that season and the mighty John Welsh was in centre midfield, the enigma that was Igor Biscan had a 'free role' in front of the back four and Steven Gerrard was the lone striker who at times was fed scraps from long deep balls.

I made a prayer that evening as I caught the bus back to Liverpool city centre that we somehow did go onto win this magical European Cup, in doing so undoubtedly acting as the springboard that Rafa desperately needed. The rest as they say is history. We have got stronger every season and now a car that needed almost a complete overhaul 4 years ago now just requires one or two tweaks each pre-season.

I make a plea to all us fans, myself included, to not place all our hopes into next seasons basket or even the season after. We can get too 'hung up' on winning this bloody title. It WILL come, we just dont know when. If we are in the same position with United/Arsenal/Chelsea going into April every season I will settle for that. We are now worthy to be sat at the same table with them. We are as good as any team in this league. Rafa has us playing, the majority of the time, fantastic pass and move football. Football I wasnt sure I would see again for a long, long time. I thank him, and the players for that.

That dream I had not long after the 2001 treble has already come true. The others did too. Last night's is only a matter of time.'

The response?
Reply #500 on:Today at 12:05:24 PM »
We go again.

As I saw 2 bright stars in the clear night from my bedroom window I focused on them for a minute or two and as I did, a shooting star came and disected the two. For them few moments I allowed myself to dream. I dreamt that perhaps Rafa was stood looking at the same stars and had seen the same thing.

A1X

I love that they keep referring to the 2001 "treble". It's a treble in the way a deluxe Rolex is as much a watch as a plastic Mickey Mouse one.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
My fave! :angel:

"I dreamt that perhaps Rafa was stood looking at the same stars and had seen the same thing."
"...and as he was distracted looking upwards my mates nicked his car's tape deck."

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
My fave! :angel:

"I dreamt that perhaps Rafa was stood looking at the same stars and had seen the same thing."
This was my fave. I love how he used the brackets to explain what he meant. As if he made a completely new phrase that needed an example for illustration.
It is a huge world out there but then people say what a small world (you know like when you see someone you vaguely know when abroad on holiday)

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I love that they keep referring to the 2001 "treble". It's a treble in the way a deluxe Rolex is as much a watch as a plastic Mickey Mouse one.
God that was embarrassing, seems like yesterday. I remember listening to talksport at the time and many were saying it beats our treble because they played more games and loads of BS reasons.

Juan't Mata

Its gonna be a good one. A lot of LFC fans I know thought getting CL football would mean them keeping all their players and them being able to attract a higher calibre of player to the club.

Sadly for them, it hasn't stopped them losing Suarez and the best they look to have done so far inwards are Bony and Lallana, players they probably could have gotten even without CL.

Their bewilderment and amazement at this turn of events has been extremely enjoyable.

mu4c_20le

I have to agree, last season I witnessed the greatest second place finish of all time. It was so amazing that I pretty much forgot about our own season.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Daft people. Surely they could handle a 1 month - 6 week wait before getting a name printed.
Some probably did it for bragging rights in the event that he stayed.

"Never any doubt 'la, always knew he wouldn't leave us."

Juan't Mata

It is a huge world out there but then people say what a small world (you know like when you see someone you vaguely know when abroad on holiday).

If the guy whoi wrote that wrote it in all seriousness, it's the greatest thing I have ever seen in my life.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
It is a huge world out there but then people say what a small world (you know like when you see someone you vaguely know when abroad on holiday)
Yup. Just like when Rab C. Nesbitt found his Spanish double while on holiday.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
One thing I've learnt over the last couple years' is that RedCafe is most definitely the place to be for transfer season, while RAWK is the place to be any time else. Meltdowns galore!

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Suarez's statement: 16 lines.
Rodgers' statement: 21 lines. What an entertainer.

Rodgers: "If there's one thing the history of this great club teaches us, it's history.
Anyway, great supporters...class...dignity...magical European nights at Aldi...please don't sack me etc etc."

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Oh my god. :lol:

The first piece of the jigsaw in the return to the status quo.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
Time for Liverpool to do it the hard way, because that's Liverpool FC, it's about doing things, without caring about what the world says.

Other teams can sign their big stars, Liverpool will do it in a disciplined professional manner!
It's crazy just how boss you are.
I don't want to live anymore, adios luis, gracias
will never forget him

thank you bastard
Spannish fans are kinda weird, not humble at all like real fans of football are (Liverpool FC).

Liverpool FC for me is the only team to show the world about playing football with Heart and Soul, and not about showing off like other Big teams do.