RAWK Goes into Meltdown 2014/2015 - The "We go again" Edition

Trizy

I honestly don't remember Gerrard having a season as the best midfielder in the Premier League never mind the best in the world. He wasn't even the best English CM of his era.

Zidane, Scholes, Pirlo, Xavi, Keane, Vieira, Iniesta to name a few were all a tier above his ability.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
I'm still somewhat bemused how they described Gerrard as 'the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be.' For those of you that don't know, those words are invariably associated with the retired wrestler Bret 'The Hitman' Hart, who described himself that way throughout his career. He started the day as being made of bread and finished as an accomplished Canadian wrestler. They're an odd lot.
Those words were also used on the statue of Michael Jordan, out side of the Chicago Bulls arena:

Those words only work with someone who is / was indisputably the best in the world.

Trizy

They really love Gerrard again and it wasn't 5 months ago they were telling him feck off to the U.S.

I've had my fun slating him the past few days but you gotta give him credit for his loyalty, his situation is similar growing up loving this 10/10 girl she's almost as good as she was when you finally get with her but over time she keeps getting fatter and fatter and you know you can do better but you've been with her so long now you've fallen in love so that stops you from leaving even though you know she's a 5/10 now.

Stretford End Phil

They really love Gerrard again and it wasn't 5 months ago they were telling him feck off to the U.S.

I've had my fun slating him the past few days but you gotta give him credit for his loyalty, his situation is similar growing up loving this 10/10 girl she's almost as good as she was when you finally get with her but over time she keeps getting fatter and fatter and you know you can do better but you've been with her so long now you've fallen in love so that stops you from leaving even though you know she's a 5/10 now.
A very interesting explanation! Has your girlfriend read this?:lol:

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
This Zidane said this, xavi said this, and any other refurbished claims that scholes is the best midfielder in the universe is laughable.

Players are being nice and speak good things about scholes and people use it as some kind of gospel?

He's a world class player, a legend, and more than that for us, but better than xavi and Zidane? You guys are pushing it

Tyrion

The great thing about meltdown threads is the bizarre way they go off on tangents. The Bluemoon thread was discussing the definition of swamps a few weeks back, now we're debating how valid Zidane's opinion is. This place is more of a Caf lobby.

If the rules about mega threads were applied to this thread, this forum would explode.

Irrational.

The Deluded Commentator watches Gerrard's testimonial the Palace game:

"Referee - the only way you'll get laid is if you crawl up a chicken's arse and wait" :lol:

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
I honestly don't remember Gerrard having a season as the best midfielder in the Premier League never mind the best in the world. He wasn't even the best English CM of his era.

Zidane, Scholes, Pirlo, Xavi, Keane, Vieira, Iniesta to name a few were all a tier above his ability.
Kaka too in his prime.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
my girlfriend will be an 11 in a couple of years time.

buckooo1978

That YNFA page is the funniest thing on Facebook

Lallaldo, Zlatan Coutinho, Lionel Sterling, Jordan Iniesta :lol:

Truedevil

He's kept 14 clean sheets this season with Dejan Lovren in front of him! How is this not good enough for Liverpool? Sure, Pepe in his prime was best in England, but I'd still give Mignolet another season or two. He was ace in his first season and in the second half the later season.
When did that happen?

Truedevil

Also this:

1)One last chance for Rodgers. Give him anything he wants. If no title chase by Winter, Rodgers out!

2) Balotelli, Borini, Aspas, Alberto, Johnson, Enrique ,Brad Jones OUT. Thank you for your services lads!

3) To buy: Quality striker, good backup GK someone who's old but can compete with Mignolet, Quality CM, Quality LB, Quality Winger and a young CAM to compete with Coutinho.

4) Rodgers has to get his shit together. Build a strong team with the above changes. Hire a defence coach if needed, chalk his tactics and be ready for the season.
Who do they think they are with such a high expectations?

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
At no point was Gerard the best midfielder in the world
Maybe, maybe not. He must have been close at some point in his mid20s, if we're not including attacking midfilders like Ronaldinho. The season when they won the FA Cup in 2006, he played a lot of games on the right and his influence on games was still unbelievable.

All of these barring Iniesta andXavi were passed their peak when Gerrard hit his, and in their cases, they hadn't hit theirs yet. Scholes had something of a resurgence later on but even he had a lull in form when Gerrard was playing phenomenal stuff.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Rot away you little c*nt. Your mummy's just fecked your career. Good, but never as good as his cocksuckers make him out to be.
Got Ibe, markovic, Ojo, Wilson and coutinho all around a similar age so won't miss powder puff
We signed up Ibe so he can feck off just sell him for a good profit or shove him with the kids for a while !
Sell him for 50m and hopefully he rips his hamstring and loses his only top attribute.
:D

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
See ya lad. Can't wait to you spit the dummy out when Man City don't let you go on a mid season holiday.

Little fecking rat. Good riddance.