RAWK Goes into Meltdown 2014/2015 - The "We go again" Edition

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
In before the sycophantic RAWK poems start flooding in.

"To a Scouse" by Robert Burns

Wee sleekit, cowering, tim'rous player,
Punching a DJ's in your nature,
No need nah start awa sae glum,
You slipped and fecked your title run.

Jerch

I don't know better thread to as this. Do anybody have a picture with trophy comparison between Giggs and Gerrard. Would be really thankfull.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
Taking it well.

c*nt of a game, truly, truly a blast of wet shit, a really, really smelly maggot-gagging turd - and I can't think of anything more to say myself
What a load of fecking shite, disgraceful twats.
Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse.

fecking speechless.

Sorry Captain.
Possibly the worst Liverpool team I've ever seen.
fecking shite atmosphere as well, it wasn't only the playing staff that let him down.
'll be skipping next week, going to take months for me to be able to forgive that. Just fecking disgusting.
his fecking shower don't deserve to be playing alongside Steven Gerrard, they truly don't.
Such a fecking average team, no goal threat... defence that can give up a goal any time, a keeper who is woeful at everything bar shot stopping and the rest of the squad just bang average filler, mid table dross.

Rodgers has looked clueless.... utterly clueless this season.

fecking gutted for Gerry - absolutely gutted.
Absolutely disgusted. feck waiting to see what Sterling chooses, kick him out the highest paying door.
There will not be a one club man like Steven Gerrard in my lifetime again.
The club's let Gerrard down again.

fecking disgusting. feck off.

MDFC Manager

"Zaha scoring and then diving proved that Antichrist Purple nose lives on"

I laughed way too hard at this :lol:

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Shithouse team couldn't even get a win for the one man who has carried this club for years.
Complete and utter capitulation to a third rate team.
Embarrassing way to see Gerrard off.
Thank feck this season is almost over
'

We are pathetic against fast teams like Palace and Villa.
That defending was a complete joke, I honestly haven't seen worse defenders than Moreno and Lovren in a long long time.
Possibly the worst Liverpool team I've ever seen.
Made bolasie and puncheon look like Messi and ronaldo
Horrible, gutless performance from Sterling (again) - how many weak shots and high floating shit crosses did he put in? Just awful. Thank god he turned down our offer because he isn't worth a third what he's asking - I'm sure he'll find that out when no one wants to offer him the wages anywhere else, either. Maybe City.
Lovren is so bad it's funny.
i thought we were outstanding, the team showed great character
Bye, bye Stevie, see you on loan next season - you'll be back and you'll likely be the best player on the field then too.
The only thing even close to being as upsetting as the thought of Stevie never playing for us again is the stinking carcass of a team he's leaving behind.
Season 12-13 : 61 points,71 Goals For,43 Goals Against,9 losses

Season 14-15 : 62 points with 1 game to go,51 Goals For,42 Goals Against,11 losses
If you cant effing attack/defend for your effing life, you effing dont deserve the effing paycheck you effing take home every effing week.
:rolleyes: -- :lol::lol::lol:

Brightonian

It's funny how no-one ever mentions the fact that there have been plenty of one club men around at the same time as Gerrard. Scholes, Giggs, Neville, Terry...

What they mean is 'one shit club when he might have gone elsewhere and actually won some trophies man'.

orangeboom999

Hiding under a rock until the next game...
Scholes realised his potential to a greater degree and didn't piss away his talent.
Scholes also transitioned through the dark times (where skilful players got lumps kicked out of them) at the start of his career into the modern game. He won a tonne of trophies and adapted his game through his career from forward to controlling midfielder. If he was Spanish or Brazilian he would have had teams built around him. Gazza was brilliant in spates. Scholesy was consistently brilliant for umpteen years.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
If you can keep your job when all around you
Scousers Are losing theirs and worshipping you,
If you can not let this slip when all men doubt you,
But forget to check your stud length too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Keep waiting for the preimership,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, when your take a trip:

If you can hate DJ's and won't make them your master;
If you can driink—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can love Genesis to the brink of disaster
And beat the DJ's the night before the game;
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Divers are scum and should be treated by fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
Playing with Johnson, Carragher, Tores - Tools:

If you can only last 43 seconds against Herrera
And risk it on one turn of pitch with a kick
You lose, and you wish life could be fairer
And walk off looking like a prick,
If you can face the truth that you're no Scholes
Keane was better, despite your goals
If you captain your side to another mediocre season
"THIS IS OUR YEAR" for no reason,

If you can talk with Scouse and keep your hubcaps,
Or admire Giggs with his league count thirteen,
If both foes or friends laugh at your collapse,
If all men count on you, while you stand and preen;
If you can fill the ninety minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Scouse legend my son!

Cal?

CR7 fan
:lol:

You're an idiot. Different types of players but Gazza was a great entertainer.
You make the mistake of confusing entertaining to greatness, what has Gazza achieved in his career except the odd great goal and reckless tackles resulting in broken legs?
Were you born when Gazza was playing? Could easily make an argument for him being the most gifted British player of the last 30 years.
You could, and I won't argue with that, but being gifted does not compare to achieving greatness, which Scholes did.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
There are always some jokers derailing this great thread with completely irrelevant nonsense.

Irrational.

That cretin from the radio Alan Green said:
All supporters, of whatever persuasion, should acknowledge we are witnessing the departure of a true legend of English football, not least because, like John Terry at Chelsea and Gary Neville at Manchester United, Steven Gerrard has been a one-club man.

Don't expect to see too many more of their ilk.
I don't understand this bloke.

adamwest

That was really quite cringeworthy and tragic wasn't it? I mean, you could have pressed the red button and watched old Stevie boy lumber around the pitch for the entire 90 minutes, if you fancied. The way that was all hyped up and the fact they were spanked by Pardew. You really couldn't have written a better script.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Lol Gazza imo was better than Scholes
He may have been more technically gifted but he wasn't better. Scholes readiness in the game was top notch. We had a player who, throughout is career he developed from a striker to a deep lying play maker and he covered each role magnificently. His vision was world class, his passing was world class and his finishing was world class. Barcelona used to use him as an example of what a midfielder should be. Zidane confessed that Scholes was better than him. That's what Paul Scholes was all about.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Were you born when Gazza was playing? Could easily make an argument for him being the most gifted British player of the last 30 years.
No doubt about that. Whether the argument is won or not is down to nuances but there's certainly no clear-cut more gifted player I can think of.

antohan

Am I the only one who has a feeling the race for top four at some point turned into a race away from the Europa League? Not that I would agree, but Liverpool and Tottenham seem to have done their very best to stay about level with Southampton.

U99ted

Scholes also transitioned through the dark times (where skilful players got lumps kicked out of them) at the start of his career into the modern game. He won a tonne of trophies and adapted his game through his career from forward to controlling midfielder. If he was Spanish or Brazilian he would have had teams built around him. Gazza was brilliant in spates. Scholesy was consistently brilliant for umpteen years.
Absolutely. The point about building around him reminds me of the mismanagement of the England squad, putting Gerrard/Lampard at CM together instead of Paul. Big contributor to the "golden generation"'s failure. I often hear people use that against Scholes in a debate over the greatest English mids. Paul Scholes is still underrated, to the extent people come on here, claim Gazza was better, and call others "an idiot" for disagreeing with that nonsense :lol:

lysglimt

Scout
You might even be right - but if being gifted is all that is required, Ravel Morrison would be World-class!

Gazza was probably more gifted with the ball than Scholes - but in every other aspect, he was nowhere near Scholes.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
Surprised by them calling this the worst Liverpool team they can remember. Konchesky and co weren't that long ago.

antohan

If you go to the early Scholes whose playing style was more comparable to Gazza's then you can compare them like for like, and Gazza was just better. Significantly actually.

In today's game though, I see a lot more room and value for a Scholes than a Gazza so I can understand why people would be reluctant to agree.

I usually try to settle such arguments thinking who would I pick blind to build a team around. The issue is with those two it really depends how you want to play, in what setting, etc. For 80s/90s football and the top league (Serie A, having most teams being kings of the clean sheet) I would always pick Gazza because what would win you games was that ability to produce the unthinkable. For 00s and after Scholes because controlling games and tempo is clearly far more important.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Absolutely. The point about building around him reminds me of the mismanagement of the England squad, putting Gerrard/Lampard at CM together instead of Paul. Big contributor to the "golden generation"'s failure. I often hear people use that against Scholes in a debate over the greatest English mids. Paul Scholes is still underrated, to the extent people come on here, claim Gazza was better, and call others "an idiot" for disagreeing with that nonsense :lol:
Preach. Best Midfielder I've ever seen, imho.

vibe

Something hit me while reading some of the RAWK posts you guys are quoting.

Why are Liverpool using the word "average" as an insult to their players, when it's what they actually are? Liverpool are an average team, average teams have average players, how is this surpising to them?

They're a team that, barring a single anomalous season, consistently finishes anywhere from 5th to 7th. The current crop of players they have are very much good enough to play for an upper mid table Europa League side. In fact, some of them are above that threshold. But they seem to truly put themselves in the same bracket as the European giants and believe they're still a team that deserves to have all the fresh talent knocking on their door based on one second place finish and titles won two decades ago.

It just baffles me how deluded they can get from one breakaway season.