RAWK Goes into Meltdown 2014/2015 - The "We go again" Edition

montpelier

More mascot-gate

Anyone who's looked in the main stand development thread, above, will have noted that the plans released of the new main stand, will have noticed that it even has it's own changing room penciled in for future development.
Mighty Red is out of control and needs to be stopped.
Anfield is sacred ground. There are people`s ashes underneath the ground. It`s holy ground. And don`t reduce a mythical, mysterious creature like The Liverbird to a grinning, red fish driving around in his own car. It`s fecking disrespectful to the Liverbird.

montpelier

They're going to spot that MR's car is a Chevrolet fairly soon aren't they?

''Chevrolet have donated a Chevrolet Orlando to Liverpool FC mascot Mighty Red so that he can continue his great work throughout the local community, schools and charities. The vehicle, which has been specifically designed for Mighty and will be known as the Chevrolet Mighty Mobile... ...every time Mighty makes an appearance there is a lot of excitement; so I’m sure that seeing his Chevrolet Mighty Mobile approaching will always brighten their [the children] day.”

El-Manos

To be fair you dont just buy a bunch of world class players and win the title in the EPL.
Difference is van Gaal knows what he is doing, if Moyes was still in charge you'd have a point. He is buying di Maria for a reason, not just because he is world class obviously he believes he suits his system perfectly.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Liverpool Football Club is more than just a football club because of history and stuff, Anfield is more than just a stadium because of the best fans in the world or something and even the mascot is more than just a mascot.

When the scousers fall flat on their face it will be even sweeter.
I genuinely can't wait until they are back in their place in 6th/7th which I am convinced is where they will end up this season

montpelier

If they read the magnificent history of Utd mascots they'd have a couple of ideas of how to be rid of Mighty.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_United_F.C._mascots

specifically

1909 Billy the Goat - after the 1909 Cup Final win, Billy took part in the post-match celebrations with the players, but drank too much champagne and died of alcohol poisoning.

1948 Hoppy Thorne - failed to receive tickets for the Cup Finall in the members' ballot, causing an irreconcilable rift between him and the club.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
If they read the magnificent history of Utd mascots they'd have a couple of ideas of how to be rid of Mighty.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_United_F.C._mascots

specifically

1909 Billy the Goat - after the 1909 Cup Final win, Billy took part in the post-match celebrations with the players, but drank too much champagne and died of alcohol poisoning.

1948 Hoppy Thorne - failed to receive tickets for the Cup Finall in the members' ballot, causing an irreconcilable rift between him and the club.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Shark

@NotShark
Most would be livid if we blew the entire suarez money on someone like Di Maria
Yeah, instead you blew it on a few Southampton players and such. A clown from Milan too by the looks of things.

Phurry

Furry Fecker
Yeah, instead you blew it on a few Southampton players and such. A clown from Milan too by the looks of things.
But Suarez sold for £75 million according to the dippers or have they been telling porkies and the figure stated by Barca is actually closer to the truth? :lol:

Richard Cranium

Lambert - £4m
Lallana - £25m
Can - £10m
Markovic - £20m
Lovren - £20m
Origi - £10m
Moreno - £12m
Balotelli - £16m

With £117m spent, I'd suggest the Suarez money has been well spent and then some. £52m more than they received for him and yet they still look a weaker team. Liverpool fans will tell you that they were always going to spend at least £52m but I don't buy it. Seeing as they would have failed FFP a couple seasons back if they'd have been in Europe, their bank account is hardly bottomless.

Obviously PL money has increased about ~£20m per season and they will get some CL revenue (when they bomb out in the group stages), probably ~£30m - either way, I think they've spent big for what they have and they desperately need all of the players to work.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Didn't Barca say they got Neymar for £30m? We all know how that turned out.

All the reputable LFC sources are saying it was £75m.

Lance Uppercut

Hmmm, who to trust. The club who have a transfer embargo or the club that don't?

All the British press said £75m. That seems enough evidence.
If Liverpool disagreed with what Barca have said, I imagine they would have commented on it.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Article goes on to state reportedly and doesn't confirm anything.

Take this shit chat elsewhere.

Duafc

Village Lemon
The headline:
Luis Suarez joins Barcelona: Liverpool and Barca confirm the striker has been sold in £75m, five-year transfer
Nothing quite makes a mug of someone, like bolding and resizing, only to be wrong.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Nothing quite makes a mug of someone, like bolding and resizing, only to be wrong.
I neither bolded nor resized. The copy and paste function on the website keeps original format.

If you people want to trust the words of Barca's spin machine in the midst of transfer embargo hearings then go ahead.

Duafc

Village Lemon
I neither bolded nor resized. The copy and paste function on the website keeps original format.

If you people want to trust the words of Barca's spin machine in the midst of transfer embargo hearings then go ahead.
I can't say I particularly care, what I would rather, would be people reading the thread title and subsequent direction properly.

This is not the Liverpool supporters sub forum for the defence of their summer dealings.

Lance Uppercut

Again, Barca have stated what the fee is. Liverpool have failed to dispute it. This isn't complicated.