RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 2015-16 Edition

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
As Liverpool's pre season gets under way 2pm BST today against Bangkok, it's probably a good time to start this thread. Sterling's imminent departure will still be fresh so there'll be some quotes about him among many other things to do with football in RAWK'S inimitable style. A make or break season ahead for Rodgers and those first seven away games might just break him. Also, despite being in Los Angeles, the shadow of Gerrard will still surely loom large over Anfield.

Always a thread that's good for a laugh irrespective of who you support. Should be another interesting season over on RAWK, and many laughs ahead no doubt about it.

Mindhunter

I don't think it is make or break with Brendan. It is unrealistic to expect him to challenge for Top 4 after having lost Sterling and then buying players on free players.

That said, he definitely needs to finish above Koeman.

Cal?

CR7 fan
So what's their target this season? 5th would be a good season for them IMO.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Brentan is in Thailand at the moment. He's probably trying to find the next Torres.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
So what's their target this season? 5th would be a good season for them IMO.
They're probably aiming for 4th as they don't see Europa League as a worthy competition but I cannot see who they could possibly move out of top 4.

Trizy

The title is a little below par, wait until something hilarious happens.

Tosicsleftpeg

They will struggle this season I can't see where the goals are going to come from. All they have is sturridge and he's had some major injury problems, they desperately need to invest some of the Sterling money on attacking talent or they will massively struggle to get anywhere near the CL spots.

devil in me

They will be even further away from 4th than they were last season, IMO. They've just sold one of their best two players, Sturridge is a constant crock and the defence is still very ropey. I can see teams like Stoke and Swanse finishing above them.

Cal?

CR7 fan
They're probably aiming for 4th as they don't see Europa League as a worthy competition but I cannot see who they could possibly move out of top 4.
It'd take someone like Moyes at any of the top 4 for them to stand any chance, and the only remote possibility of that is if Man City make a poor start...

Trizy

They will struggle this season I can't see where the goals are going to come from. All they have is sturridge and he's had some major injury problems, they desperately need to invest some of the Sterling money on attacking talent or they will massively struggle to get anywhere near the CL spots.
I'd wait until the end of the summer to say that though, they probably already spent their budget on the 50 players they've signed but onto of that they just got £49m for Sterling, that could go a long way to getting a top class striker.

But then again Brendan is so shite at transfers he'll probably sign 2-3 average strikers instead.

Glanville95

Their objective should be a top four challenge. To stay within touching distance throughout the season might prove a bridge too far however when the gap between themselves and United, City, Chelsea and Arsenal seems to be growing wider and wider.

The likelihood is Liverpool finish 5th next season, as I rate their squad a fair bit higher than Spurs' who are too reliant on Lloris and Kane. That should keep Brendan in the job, which would be great!

SeaCarrot

In usual RAWKish fashion theyll expect a top 4 spot, I think it will be closer to 7th. Tottenham is a better side and I hope someone else will be too.

Let the funnies begin.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Their objective should be a top four challenge. To stay within touching distance throughout the season might prove a bridge too far however when the gap between themselves and United, City, Chelsea and Arsenal seems to be growing wider and wider.

The likelihood is Liverpool finish 5th next season, as I rate their squad a fair bit higher than Spurs' who are too reliant on Lloris and Kane. That should keep Brendan in the job, which would be great!
At the same time those 2 are quite a bit better than anyone Liverpool have.

Cal?

CR7 fan
In usual RAWKish fashion theyll expect a top 4 spot, I think it will be closer to 7th. Tottenham is a better side and I hope someone else will be too.

Let the funnies begin.
RAWK no doubt knows that Clyne is better than Darmian and Milner better than Schweisteiger. :smirk:

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Nothing too outrageous on there at the moment, except how they get wound up massively when someone utters the words "man utd, title contenders". Hardly that outrageous considering the signings we have made, and will make.

Robbie Boy

Bogdan will become a club legend, I can sense it. Their squad is the poorest it's been in a long time. Losing Gerrard, Suarez, Sterling and Sturridge becoming a perma-crock since their near miss in 13/14 is hilarious, to be honest. I remember nothing but Liverpool threads on here during that period, not to mention, we had Moyes, times were bad. Funny that back then, plenty on here were fawning over the scousers and plenty were advocating Rodgers as a possible shout for us. Wow how times change quickly.

Glanville95

At the same time those 2 are quite a bit better than anyone Liverpool have.
Can't dispute that, but the juries out on whether Kane can replicate last seasons form, this year. Personally, I don't think he will, but that's largely down to defences/teams paying more attention to him. I still think he will do very well, just not a 30+ goal scorer like last season.

I suppose Liverpool don't really have a massive, stand-out player of Hazard/Sanchez/de Gea/Aguero proportions. Even Kane last year. Coutinho is as close as it gets, but even he can be inconsistent and selfish.

Glanville95

Nothing too outrageous on there at the moment, except how they get wound up massively when someone utters the words "man utd, title contenders". Hardly that outrageous considering the signings we have made, and will make.
It's the same people who will praise City from the rooftops and regard them as Chelsea's biggest rivals for the PL over us and Arsenal when they have an ageing squad of about twenty players.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Can't dispute that, but the juries out on whether Kane can replicate last seasons form, this year. Personally, I don't think he will, but that's largely down to defences/teams paying more attention to him. I still think he will do very well, just not a 30+ goal scorer like last season.

I suppose Liverpool don't really have a massive, stand-out player of Hazard/Sanchez/de Gea/Aguero proportions. Even Kane last year. Coutinho is as close as it gets, but even he can be inconsistent and selfish.
It is the first time in decades that Liverpool genuinely do NOT have any world class player in their squad. We all love making fun of Slippy, but at his peak, he was one of the best midfielders around.

Red Stone

First Meltdown of the season will come early this season with Sterling posing with the City kit and Liverpool fans throwing their kits on the bonfire.

Glanville95

It is the first time in decades that Liverpool genuinely do NOT have any world class player in their squad. We all love making fun of Slippy, but at his peak, he was one of the best midfielders around.
Indeed. From Torres, Mascherano, Alonso and Gerrard all at the same time, to Gerrard & Suarez and now Coutinho as their star performer, but a good tier or two below world-class. How their standards are dropping.

In contrast, you look at our squad now and I would say we have three world-class players in Schweinsteiger, di Maria and de Gea. Okay, there has been plenty of speculation over the futures of ADM and DDG, but even beyond those we have Rooney, Mata, Schneiderlin and Carrick who are all on a similar level to arguably Liverpool's best player now.

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers

Cant start a thread without this graph.

GBBQ

They've done well to get £49 million for Sterling but its all for naught if they dont reinvest it wisely. If they had seen Arsenal and United as the teams that were more likely to be ousted from the top 4 at the end of last season then Arsenal buying a top class keeper in Cech and United finally sorting the midfield (with more players to come) they'll have to do much more than just replace Stevie G and Sterling.

They'll finish 7th and win the League Cup.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Indeed. From Torres, Mascherano, Alonso and Gerrard all at the same time, to Gerrard & Suarez and now Coutinho as their star performer, but a good tier or two below world-class. How their standards are dropping.

In contrast, you look at our squad now and I would say we have three world-class players in Schweinsteiger, di Maria and de Gea. Okay, there has been plenty of speculation over the futures of ADM and DDG, but even beyond those we have Rooney, Mata, Schneiderlin and Carrick who are all on a similar level to arguably Liverpool's best player now.
Rooney and Mata I'd rate above Coutinho, even if Carrick is injured all the time.

TheLiverBird

I'd love to say to you all wait until the summer business is finished before you judge.....

But regardless to getting a very good sum for Sterling, I still struggle to see any major signing on the horizon

Although I must say I was pretty happy to see Firminho signing, not world class but he's of good quality and who know's maybe WC Potential? we shall see, that said I think those kind of targets are our best bet, we simply imo cannot attract proven world class players right now

If I try and put myself in the mindset of a world class player and ask myself why move to Liverpool:

Can we offer massive wages? No.

Champions League football? No.

Realistic chance of winning the Premier League? Nope.

Top manager to play under/learn from? Jury's still out on that one but it's not looking good.

Other world class players to play alongside? No.

I've never been one to bang on about wanting the club to splash the cash, but I now believe we need to start making a statement signing or 2, even though I've just said I can't see it happening, its still what we need to do, it would go along way in lifting the team and the fans and the attraction of the team to top top quality players

STE586

Bit early to predict how they'll fare. They've brought in 8 new players so far and it looks like Rodgers is going for a whole new starting eleven (again).

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I'd love to say to you all wait until the summer business is finished before you judge.....

But regardless to getting a very good sum for Sterling, I still struggle to see any major signing on the horizon

Although I must say I was pretty happy to see Firminho signing, not world class but he's of good quality and who know's maybe WC Potential? we shall see, that said I think those kind of targets are our best bet, we simply imo cannot attract proven world class players right now

If I try and put myself in the mindset of a world class player and ask myself why move to Liverpool:

Can we offer massive wages? No.

Champions League football? No.

Realistic chance of winning the Premier League? Nope.

Top manager to play under/learn from? Jury's still out on that one but it's not looking good.

Other world class players to play alongside? No.

I've never been one to bang on about wanting the club to splash the cash, but I now believe we need to start making a statement signing or 2, even though I've just said I can't see it happening, its still what we need to do, it would go along way in lifting the team and the fans and the attraction of the team to top top quality players
That's a fair assessment. It is difficult to see how Liverpool can turn it around at the moment. You need decent signings to make top 4, but with not actually being in the top 4 and losing your best player in consecutive seasons, decent signings will be very difficult. It's a vicious circle and one I don't think you'll break unless you can coax a big name manager in there to attract peoplr he knows to start it all off.

Robbie Boy

What happened to the scouse posse that spammed the life out of this place in 13/14? Most of them have surely been banned.

Last edited: