RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 2015-16 Edition

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Hold on. I thought their squad was brilliant and they just needed a world class manager to get them firing? So now, their squad is shite, the transfer committe is to blame and Klopp needs to bring in a ton of quality? Which is it?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
4:32pm update: now it's Brendan's fault:

RAWK said:

The legacy continues.

Spend the best part of a decade filling the squad with average, mid-table players and guess what? You'll become average and mid table and get average, mid table results. Like this. It's the legacy of Brendan Rodgers, that man truly has left an absolutely ridiculous shitheap of a mess. An absolute clusterfeck of a squad. League one goalkeepers, CBs who either want to push out with a really high line or drop deeper than everyone bar the goalkeeper, a collection of the slowest central midfielders in the league, a collection of versatile 'attackers' who don't really do....anything, a £32 million striker who wants route one and has a first touch that goes further than most players can kick the ball. Its dawning just how terrible this squad is.

Poor Jurgen must be devastated he didn't wait another three months. Not one player fighting for the cause. Bayern, Chelsea, probably Real and Man Utd in the coming weeks, maybe Man City, Roma. I mean thank the fecking lord he was getting an itchy trigger finger, thank fecking God because this squad with anyone else could easily be relegation cannon fodder.

Coutinho and Firmino have been a fecking disgrace this season. Lallana has been a fecking disgrace since he joined. Sakho and Henderson are two who should be starting every game. But honestly every single other player, I could not give a feck if he fancies them or not. They lost their right to a secure future here with that shambles today.

Hojoon

Gegen-(de)pressing is definitely one of those terms stupid, insufferable, and self-righteous people use to look smart.

Red_toad

Does Brendan not now have a better record this season than Klopp, but it's all Brendans fault?

Yep w 3 d 3 l 2 with Rodgers now w 6 d 6 l 5 with Klopp.

Klopp has a big job on his hands, change of manager has done nothing to aide their cause.

Last edited:

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Jonno pops up again

I've always rated the German and I'm pretty sure that given time - which he will be - Klopp will certainly deliver a side that reflects the tradition and class of LFC.
What a sad bastard this man is.

NoPace

The amount of players they need and the money they have to spend to get them to make them look like a proper team is mind blowing. The pretty much need a whole team.

Keeper
Full set of defenders
Full set of midfielders
They have OK strikers but need improvements in that department also
In terms of first 11 players, I think one of Sturridge/Benteke will be good as the 9, Coutinho is a promising 10, Clyne is very solid defensively, Moreno is talented (though often poor defensively) and maybe one of Can/Henderson can be the 8 if they pick up a bit under Klopp. So, at minimum 6 new starters needed. Maybe 5 if you want to let Firmino/Lallana/Ibe fight out a wing spot to save money.

montpelier

Johnno is Back !!! :D :D :D

And what an uplifting exchange with Festive@Allerton it is, full of the cheer which epitomizes the season of username change joy & goodwill to almost everyone

Triple.Threat

In terms of first 11 players, I think one of Sturridge/Benteke will be good as the 9, Coutinho is a promising 10, Clyne is very solid defensively, Moreno is talented (though often poor defensively) and maybe one of Can/Henderson can be the 8 if they pick up a bit under Klopp. So, at minimum 6 new starters needed. Maybe 5 if you want to let Firmino/Lallana/Ibe fight out a wing spot to save money.
Sturridge seems to be on the treatment table more than on the pitch form them, his fitness record is shocking, Benteke i don't think he suits Klopp's system. The others you mentioned just aren't good enough with the exception of Coutinho when he's bothered.

Rodgers really screwed them up with his purchases.

Tosicsleftpeg

Obviously we are having a shit time right now but we are miles and miles ahead of Liverpool
Their whole club Is a total mess, players are awful and they hardly have anyone who can make things happen for them bar coutinho but even he looks like he's had enough now.

NoPace

Sturridge seems to be on the treatment table more than on the pitch form them, his fitness record is shocking, Benteke i don't think he suits Klopp's system. The others you mentioned just aren't good enough with the exception of Coutinho when he's bothered.

Rodgers really screwed them up with his purchases.
Not clear at all how much it was Rodgers. They have that whole committee thing there. But yeah, their squad is a mess.

I think Clyne is good enough. Not Cafu or even Kieran Tripper forward but he's a really committed and quick defender and at 24 should be entering his prime (which you figure might come a bit earlier for a fullback).

And Can is a weird fecking player but he's 21 and sort of has everything in his locker so maybe he'll develop.

mav_9me

Not much to laugh at others misery when you are just as miserable.

montpelier

I'll have a go, not saying they're the best ever.

The imminent return of Jon Flanagan shouldn't be underestimated.

in the middle of some complete nonsense, more nonsense (surprisingly),

he has a forehead which slopes really sharply and that, my friends, is why he will struggle to score from headers
and it's Benteke, so probably needs deleting on grounds of not being quite what one ought to say, really (he seems unaware of this, tbf) <-- that's a stretched tbf, tbf though

Would you or would you not avoid the banhammer by changing your mind at least twice in one short sentence. You would, wouldn't you?

I wouldnt say no to selling all of those including Coutinho. Wouldnt want to sell him but i wouldnt be disappointed.
And there's an Arsenal fan saying he fancies LFC for a Lge Cup, Europa Double.