RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 2015-16 Edition

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
He did eclipse Shanks in terms of trophies. Shanks is our King though.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Like others have said.

Bob Paisley.

Off the top of my head six Championships and three European Cups ( only manager in history to do the latter ) in nine years. Not to mention other trophies to.
Ancelotti got three.

UDontMessWith24

Haiti...fecking Haiti they produce more American football than football players. How do they keep a straight face.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Ibra on 300k a week isn't even a bad deal. That's £15m over the year, so effectively 150k a week and a £7.5m transfer fee for the year (the same as a £30m player on a 4 year deal). Bargain really, if he plays well.
Why are we making up a £7.5m transfer fee when we got him on a free. Creative accounting.

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
So? He still did it. At a time when it was harder too as well.
Here we go.

We all know it was a doddle back then. Liverpool only won it because there was no opposition. Yeah alright.

Explain six Championships in nine years then.

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Some Manc in the Newbs cant get over it. He started a thread on how many would Fergie have won under under the old format? Some intelligent Mancs put him straight on it and pointed out you wouldnt have qualified for quiet a few.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Could work, by embarrassing yourself. Just find it funny that Liverpool feel the need to make all this kind of crap public; Being Liverpool etc.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Here we go.

We all know it was a doddle back then. Liverpool only won it because there was no opposition. Yeah alright.

Never said it was a doddle. Just not as hard as it is now.

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Never said it was a doddle. Just not as hard as it is now.

I agree to a certain extent. The thing now is it all seems generated for the big clubs to get to the later stages. In the old format there was no league stage and the league stage makes it easier. You can play six , draw five and win one and still go through. Thats cutting it fine with the away goal rule. Also. In 1978/79 Nottingham Forest the English Champions knocked out Liverpool the European Champions from the previous two years in the first round. Imagine Barcelona getting Real Madrid in a straight knockout format in
the first round .

Surely you can see my point.

top1whoisman

Scout
On Agger retirement:

Most elegant CB I have ever seen and an absolute legend for Liverpool.
:lol: Guess he hasn’t watched that much football; more elegant than Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Blanc, Rio, Rijkaard, Chivu (very underrated)? Those just from the top of my head in 30 seconds.

A baby-faced assassin
What?

Legend!!!
A genuine question - Do the Caf’s Pool fans consider Agger a Liverpool legend, too? He was there for quite a while and I guess having a YAWN tattoo helps, but still. Curious whether Agger really is a legend in most Pool fans’ eyes?

Last edited:

JSykes

On Agger retirement:

A genuine question - Do the Caf’s Pool fans consider Agger a Liverpool legend, too? He was there for quite a while and I guess having a YAWN tattoo helps, but still. Curious whether Agger really is a legend in most Pool fans’ eyes?
Well, he always seemed to say the right things and he did play very good at times when fit, so you can kinda get the love for him. A legend is probably a stretch, but other than him, Hyypia and Carragher, I'm really struggling to think of a better central defender they had in the last 10-15 years.

top1whoisman

Scout
Well, he always seemed to say the right things and he did play very good at times when fit, so you can kinda get the love for him. A legend is probably a stretch, but other than him, Hyypia and Carragher, I'm really struggling to think of a better central defender they had in the last 10-15 years.
Pretty much how I feel, too. About the bolded part though, that could tell as much about their below par CB recruitment as it does of Agger’s ability.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Feckers are trying to ruin this thread, too. Feck off you fecking feckers with your fecking discussion.

Back on topic.

montpelier

Yeah, well said. Any kind of this vaguely sensible chat thing just makes me cross about not being able to remember why all of Real Madrid's first 6 (is 6 isn't it?) European wins ought not to figure in the Big Cup count leaving the Spanish Giants with only 4 of them and definitely not 5.
(at the time of this convincing analysis, anyway)

sólo cuatro veces, la'

Rob67

Here we go.

Surely you can see that back then it was purely a knock-out cup competition. More often than not the champions league format allows the cream to rise to the top.
English teams have benefited from playing (and winning) finals against the likes of Borussia Monchengladbach, Club Brugge, Malmo etc who even at the time weren't top European clubs.

Keep on topic warning

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
This thread is not for serious discussion. It is for laughing at RAWK and other cringey LFC crap. If you want to discuss stuff seriously take it to the relevant thread or start a new one if one doesn't exist.

Continued derailing will result in warning points and threadbans.

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Surely you can see that back then it was purely a knock-out cup competition. More often than not the champions league format allows the cream to rise to the top.
English teams have benefited from playing (and winning) finals against the likes of Borussia Monchengladbach, Club Brugge, Malmo etc who even at the time weren't top European clubs.
Monchengladbach had won the league three times on the spin prior to Rome and the UEFA in 79. Hardly shit mate.

If it was so easy why didnt United win it more times in the sixties ?

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
@Cassady just take it to the Liverpool thread or something, Radon just mentioned about taking this thread off topic and I'm gonna be genuinely concerned for marukomu's blood pressure if normal service isn't resumed :lol:

If you're responsible for the forum losing his photobooth selfies I'll be very upset with you...

Lurpak99

Buttered up
The difference between the European Cup and the current CL is that it was tougher to get into, but easier to win.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
The difference between the European Cup and the current CL is that it was tougher to get into, but easier to win.
Man, go create a thread. This place is for laughing at Liverpool, not discussions on the finer details of european cups.

If Coutinho does go this summer, I'd love to see their reaction.

Lowkey

can we please get back to what this thread is really about:

i love the fact how he gets proper shanked in the eye and tries to be all heroic about it and fails hard.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
can we please get back to what this thread is really about:

i love the fact how he gets proper shanked in the eye and tries to be all heroic about it and fails hard.
That never ever ever gets old :lol:

That self indulgent show after the City game just made it so much sweeter.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
One think he'll keep fellaini to play in a 2 man midfield
Anybody think that Fellaini will find a new lease on life now that Jose is there? He likes big arseholes in his '2' in front of the back four. The fact that Fellaini elbows all and sundry will make him a great favourite for Jose, surely?
:lol::lol:

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
Andy @ Allerton
  • A Famous Grouse. Aaaand we're back in the room...Loves Mission Impossible theme tune. Wishes he had eight cocks cos he's a pervy arachnophiliac!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • JFT96

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo thread
« Reply #3135 on: April 14, 2016, 11:26:16 AM »

Gerrard was a diver.

So were Michael Owen, Christiano Ronaldo, David Beckham, Paul Scholes, Van Nistelrooy, Ashley Young, Jinnyjazzy, Mark Hughes, Ryan Giggs, Andy Cole, Teddy Sheringham, Solsjaer, Dwight Yorke, Saha, Park Ji-Sung, Nani, Anderson, Berbatov, Welbeck and Van Persie.

skidmark

Account closed by request: 23/12/16
Supports
Utd, and NUFC
And Tom Daley doesn't get a look in.