RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 2015-16 Edition

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Oh dear ... not this nonsense again. As ever, what am I supposed to be back from? Spurs are unbeaten since the opening league game. And if you're referring to the Anderlecht game, I commented on the loss.

But instead of silly and ill-informed poster-on-poster comments, why don't you talk about football? Just a suggestion.
Sorry Glaston, please forgive me.

montpelier

some fairly staggering news from the Alternative Premier League

Had we won last night we would be level on points with Arsenal. That just sounds crazy given how crap we have been

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
It's funny how the Alternative Premier League never suffers from RAWK allegations of corruption, biased refereeing etc. ;)

Crustanoid

What are the rules to this fabled Alternative League competition? 10 points for every Liverpool win, 3 for all other teams except Manchester United who get -5? Liverpool receive bonus points for racist guestures, slipping in matches, stamping on people etc?

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I don't understand. How does this work?
You can't live in the real world any longer so you make up a fantasy world which you have total control over.

Proof that even in the most deluded fantasy Liverpool still cant win the league.

Needham

Strikes me that we are going to witness less of the screechy self delusion and bitter self pitying romantic guff than usual on that site in coming months. They arent winning the league and they know it. They aren't catching the top three in potential, size, and status and they know it. Their new boss has an ugly job to do and they know it. They are probably bedding in for medium term success which will take a couple of years at least to get anywhere near. Suits the boring high minded sanctomonious mods on that site that it will of necessity get fawningly analytical.

bleezy

Strikes me that we are going to witness less of the screechy self delusion and bitter self pitying romantic guff than usual on that site in coming months. They arent winning the league and they know it. They aren't catching the top three in potential, size, and status and they know it. Their new boss has an ugly job to do and they know it. They are probably bedding in for medium term success which will take a couple of years at least to get anywhere near. Suits the boring high minded sanctomonious mods on that site that it will of necessity get fawningly analytical.
Once they go on a run of 2 or 3 easy wins, it'll all be back. That's when the praise for Klopp will really kick in and they'll extrapolate the results to show that next year they'll win all 38 games with ease.

NM

Is the 'Alternative Premier League Table' on RAWK the same as the 'Storytime Table' on here?
quite similar. This is one of the few things they do that really isn't that laughable. It makes sense until about 3/4 of the way through the season

montpelier

People who are confused by the Alternative Premier League Table and its Golf par scoring format should look away now.

Par 1's are harder to birdie (birdie being a 3 pointer) because you need to be absolutely perfect (as you do with an approach and putt on a golf par 3), and APLT par 3's are easier to make a par on (or "birdie" if a win/3 pointer is considered a birdie) as you're playing worse teams (just as a par 5 is easier to make a par on)

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
On Chelsea-in-crisis:

RAWK said:
I can see them offering interim job to Brendan, only him turning it down.

SirAF

Ageist
Klopp is buggered if he can't get a CL spot this season. 7 points behind now :drool:

OneUnited24

Klopp is buggered if he can't get a CL spot this season. 7 points behind now :drool:
Over the course of a season that can disappear, plus i dont think Chelsea will be making it next season so its between them and Tottenham