Real Madrid need to get ready for a terrible season | It’s happening

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Not very solid explanations for leaving the club after 9 years.Very weak.
He doesn't get into any trouble. He doesn't say anything about the Treasury, nor about Neymar. He talks about the relationship having changed but he forgets his renewal in november 16.
It was also said that Zidane was tired of hearing about his renewal and the treasury.
in any case it confirms the bad relationship and the mutual fatigue
He isn't exactly going to talk about the Treasury stuff, is he? Mutual fatigue and "I didn't feel special/indispensible in their eyes" are synonyms really.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
He isn't exactly going to talk about the Treasury stuff, is he? Mutual fatigue and "I didn't feel special/indispensible in their eyes" are synonyms really.
Yes, that's why I say it confirms it. I had not heard him say it directly,but through the press.
He doesn't have to talks about tax issues, but if it affected him, if it had to do with renewal offers,his place in the club. In short, as a fan I would like a deeper interview, maybe a little self-criticism.

AndyJ1985

The fans should turn on perez. He set up the manager to fail by not signing anyone.
Why are signings the be all and end all of football management? Real Madrid have a world class squad. Is that not enough to work with?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
The only credible and repeated name is Hermoso, CB from Espanyol(LB too) and who started in Castilla.
Evidently he does not have enough name to fix the defense, but could be a substitute for Vallejo. The poor boy is injured again.
The only gossips are about next season.Today Marca speaks of Palacios and Brahim Díaz still didn't renew...
I guess we'll know more when the coach is decided.
I don't get the Brahim link. He'll be leaving City due to lack of game time - he's not going to get that at Real.

Canagel

Why are signings the be all and end all of football management? Real Madrid have a world class squad. Is that not enough to work with?
They needed signings to freshen up the squad. Even Barcelona made signings and they had a world class squad as well. The current group have no motivation left after winning 3 CL in a row. I think the new manager needed some signings.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
I wasn't expecting it to be bad as Lopetuegi and in fairness Zidane had already two CLs as insurance but up to November 1st they had these results last season:

Real Madrid 2-2 Valencia
Real Madrid 1 Levante 1
Real Madrid 0-1 Betis
Girona 2-1 Real Madrid
Spurs 3-1 Real Madrid
I covered all competitions though, including 5-1 win on agg against the same Barcelona. While JL has 5 losses and a draw in the past 7 matches alone, to some bang average sides, his sole win in 7 matches is 2-1 against fecking Victoria Plzen, at home, that's without other losses like 4-2 against Atleti in the SuperCup.

Mint

Madrid players would not like conte's military-style training sessons. He wouldn't last long before the babies complain to Perez.

Revaulx

Had Lopetegui done the decent thing by the Spanish FA, i.e. told them he’d been offered the RM job just before signing his contract, he could have done an LvG and stayed with them until the end of the tournament. Had he done so and they’d performed in accordance with expectations (semi finals), he’d have left with his head held high and probably been held in higher regard by the players. I’m not aware he had any problems managing Ranos in the Spain setup.

PaulRich

He wasn't really given a chance - they needed a massive re-build after losing key players and having an aging squad. The next incumbent is going to need cojones like King Kong for this one......

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Who real should have gone for is Luis Enrique if it was possible. You have to admire them for their ruthlessness though I do think a decline was inevitable after all that success under Zizou.

Real being Real they will eventually get it right but I don’t think it will be easy. At least they’ll continue trying until they get it right.

gaucho_10

The fans should turn on perez. He set up the manager to fail by not signing anyone.
He is a disappointment indeed. After all, we only won 4 out of last 5 CL's while not spending a dime in those 5 years.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
They would have still got pasted with Ronaldo in that team. I recall him being on the ends of several rodgerings at the hands of Barcelona in the Classico. He may have scored a half chance but that would have been it.

Zidane leaving was the biggest blow.
Zidane leaving and not replacing Ronaldo at all. They have a brilliant team even without Ronaldo but not getting a replacement in created unecessary issues.

Also while I have often laughed at Madrid's circus like nature I do have to admire how ruthless they are. Lopetegi had to go and they made the decision quickly. The opposite of us.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He is a disappointment indeed. After all, we only won 4 out of last 5 CL's while not spending a dime in those 5 years.
It' s impressive in the CL but it was obvious the team was on its last legs and needed some investments. The transition should have been prepared, now it's too brutal

rampo

If Conte is the incoming manager, will there be a fire sale during Jan and summer that we can cash on?

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
If Conte is the incoming manager, will there be a fire sale during Jan and summer that we can cash on?
Bale for 100m sounds like a deal Woodward would agree to without hesitation. I have heard you need a striker as well, how about Benzema for 60m?:D

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Madrid don't need much. One/two quality additions and one quality manager, and they're set to win plenty of trophies.

Have to say Zidane and Ronaldo left at the right time though.

RoyH1

Madrid meet with la grada de animación(It's not exactly the young stand,but an artificial group of fans created by the club to expel Ultra Sur) to stop the whistles against Ramos.
Fans wanted to show their discontent with the captain and the team but the club won't allow It
This thing with Ramos won't end well.
Yes, Ramos is exceeding his authority as captain. The way he reacted against that young player in training and how he dressed down Casemiro publicly show how he thinks he’s untouchable.

Kant-ona

In a parallele universe, Lopetegui played a great world cup with spain and is seen as one of the best coaches around. In our reality, with one wrong decision, he damaged his image within a few months.

Maybe we can sell grumpy cat to Madrid?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Madrid meet with la grada de animación(It's not exactly the young stand,but an artificial group of fans created by the club to expel Ultra Sur) to stop the whistles against Ramos.
Fans wanted to show their discontent with the captain and the team but the club won't allow It
What's this all about? Why are the fans against Ramos?

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
In a parallele universe, Lopetegui played a great world cup with spain and is seen as one of the best coaches around. In our reality, with one wrong decision, he damaged his image within a few months.

Maybe we can sell grumpy cat to Madrid?
And you don't mention the fact that he decided to give himself free kicks and PK, and made a pretty clear statement saying he doesn't want Conte in his team. He really does think that he's almighty and it's really not going to end well, it never does in these situations.

RoyH1

Just to be precise, it's not all fans who were plannning against protesting against him, just a section.

But in general there is a sense of disatisfaction on how he has conducted himself lately. Lots of small stuff. But the one that tipped the atmosphere against him was when he lashed out violently against a youth player in training

https://talksport.com/football/4364...amera-sergio-reguilon-training-ground-injury/

There's also a lot of talk about him being active in vetoing Conte and trying to influence the choice of new manager.

Adisa

He’s been doing a ‘Roy keane’
Just to be precise, it's not all fans who were plannning against protesting against him, just a section.

But in general there is a sense of disatisfaction on how he has conducted himself lately. Lots of small stuff. But the one that tipped the atmosphere against him was when he lashed out violently against a youth player in training

https://talksport.com/football/4364...amera-sergio-reguilon-training-ground-injury/

There's also a lot of talk about him being active in vetoing Conte and trying to influence the choice of new manager.
That video makes him look like a prick. Wonder if his time there has run its course.

RoyH1

That video makes him look like a prick. Wonder if his time there has run its course.
I think so. Captain's in Real Madrid always end up being a tad overbearing and in trouble with the management and highers up at the club, but I cannot remember any of them in recent memory behaving so recklessly ( Raul or Casillas would not have done that to a youth player).

I think the system of captainship by seniority is eminently flawed. The most senior players are not necessarily the best leaders.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I do not know exactly but if you follow the activity of negative comments on twitter you will discover many accounts called "fcMourinho", "Mourinaholic", "mou forever",etc.
People who do not forgive Ramos and were waiting for their moment.
They have been joined by fans fed up with the lack of criticism. I suppose it also depends on the country of origin of the fan (James/Isco is a very alive debate still now)
Yes, Ramos is exceeding his authority as captain. The way he reacted against that young player in training and how he dressed down Casemiro publicly show how he thinks he’s untouchable.
Yes, he is nervous, getting into every discussion. The Ramos that I knew is a good leader because he gets along with everybody, not exercising authority. Now he accepts criticism very badly
I don't get the Brahim link. He'll be leaving City due to lack of game time - he's not going to get that at Real.
I did not know he played so little. Maybe he wants to come back to Spain being part of a big team and once he is in inside try his luck with loans ,something like Theo or Lunin.

Adisa

I do not know exactly but if you follow the activity of negative comments on twitter you will discover many accounts called "fcMourinho", "Mourinaholic", "mou forever",etc.
People who do not forgive Ramos and were waiting for their moment.
They have been joined by fans fed up with the lack of criticism. I suppose it also depends on the country of origin of the fan (James/Isco is a very alive debate still now)
I see. Factions settelling scores and players are collateral. Ramos hasn't behaved admirably it has to be said. That video looks terrible.

Moiraine

At least they scored 1. Mourniho's first outing against Barca was worst ... 5-0 (A side that included Ronaldo).

Cloud7

I think the system of captainship by seniority is eminently flawed. The most senior players are not necessarily the best leaders.
To be fair, on the field Ramos has been a tremendous leader for Madrid.

JohnnyKills

Yeah it's like the RM equivalent of the OT singing section.

JohnnyKills

Genuinely think that if they get Conte it will be a disaster. The last time they got in a disciplinarian coach (Benitez) it unravelled very quickly.

Unless they're willing to get rid of Ramos, Benzema and the other dressing room power-brokers, the best bet is to hire someone who'll massage those players' egos, as Zidane did.

Don't know who's available but maybe someone who's already around the club and knows how it works (e.g. Solari) might be a better long-term bet. Or they could just get Hierro.

youmeletsfly

Genuinely think that if they get Conte it will be a disaster. The last time they got in a disciplinarian coach (Benitez) it unravelled very quickly.

Unless they're willing to get rid of Ramos, Benzema and the other dressing room power-brokers, the best bet is to hire someone who'll massage those players' egos, as Zidane did.

Don't know who's available but maybe someone who's already around the club and knows how it works (e.g. Solari) might be a better long-term bet. Or they could just get Hierro.
Don't really think that Zizou massaged the players, I think that players actually respected the guy for who he is.

But I do agree they shouldn't bring in a "policeman".

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP

That last part is normal, Madrid players get consulted when they’re looking for a new manager.

Zidane was the players’ choice. Ramos and Ronaldo met with him before he became manager.