Rio Olympics 2016

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
He was strolling. Looked sideways a few times and eventually jogged home.
Had a rubbish start, started cruising at 30m, looked sideways 4 times and still qualifies with fastest time.

Wonder if he'll break 9.50 seconds this time?

Must be so intimatdating racing against him, I mean what is the point?!

Skills

Snitch
Had a rubbish start, started cruising at 30m, looked sideways 4 times and still qualifies with fastest time.

Wonder if he'll break 9.50 seconds this time?

Must be so intimatdating racing against him, I mean what is the point?!
He's not in his prime anymore, I don't think he'll break 9.7 this year.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
The 100m is always run in the evening irrespective of NBC. Last time in London it was ran at around 8pm local time which would have been 3pm back in New York

Dan

Denise Lewis saying that Jess Ennis retaining the gold will be a formality then Thiam pulls out a massive long jump to go 5 points ahead. :lol:

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Hard to say at this stage, but Bolt looks in good shape. Gatlin may have to rue last year's missed opportunity.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Denise Lewis saying that Jess Ennis retaining the gold will be a formality then Thiam pulls out a massive long jump to go 5 points ahead. :lol:
What time and with what event does it reach its conclusion

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
The 100m is always run in the evening irrespective of NBC. Last time in London it was ran at around 8pm local time which would have been 3pm back in New York
That's a 22h30 start in Rio though.

That's not normal.

They certainly couldn't put it on US primetime in London(too large a time difference) . What NBC does is to still show all the major events on tape delay in prime time.

Dan

The conclusion to the hepthalon is a must watch, closest competition for ages.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
That's a 22h30 start in Rio though.

That's not normal.

They certainly couldn't put it on US primetime in London(too large a time difference) . What NBC does is to still show all the major events on tape delay in prime time.
In London the 100m race at the dead of night so my assumption that it was around 8pm was too early, more like 9.30pm. The 100m final always seems to be on the evening.

Barbara Charles

For the love of pickled beets
I am not 100%satisfied with the NBC coverage. My sports are so chopped up. Yes, they show various sports in their entirety like footy, basketball, water polo, and anything with women in bikinis. My dressage final showed 4 riders. Four. Archery and shooting have been so chopped up you had trouble following the contenders. They are now showing women's eights in rowing when it was supposed to be shooting and soccer (delayed tape) which was supposed to be earlier. Buggers.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
That would be the sensible option, but work is slow at the moment tbf.

There's javelin and then the 800m to finish. Anout 2:20am I think. It's on the last page.
Thanks mate

surf

I am not 100%satisfied with the NBC coverage. My sports are so chopped up. Yes, they show various sports in their entirety like footy, basketball, water polo, and anything with women in bikinis. My dressage final showed 4 riders. Four. Archery and shooting have been so chopped up you had trouble following the contenders. They are now showing women's eights in rowing when it was supposed to be shooting and soccer (delayed tape) which was supposed to be earlier. Buggers.
Not sure how shooting would make a viable TV sport. It's not as if you can see the bullet travel. Archery might just about work.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The feck is this cycling behind a motorbike about?

It's like F1 starting behind the safety car.

NinjaFletch

You guys get shafted so bad on the coverage.

Honestly get a VPN and watch the BBC feeds. They have live coverage of every event on their website ( apart from the individual track and field ones that get shoved on to a mixed feed) whether GB athletes are in them or not.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I wish I understood this crazy Cycling Sprint thing. I enjoy watching it, but don't really get it.

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
I would have thought the men's 100m final would be on at a time to maximise TV viewership.

It's on at bloody 02:25 Monday morning :houllier:
The US payroll this, but seems late even for their prime time audience

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Nadal was one half of the greatest tennis match and one of the greatest sporting events in general I've ever watched. This is also very very good stuff.