Rio Olympics 2016

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
I've just watched golf and genuinely cheered each hole. The Olympics do some seriously funny things to me. Every damn time. Love them.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
I've just watched golf and genuinely cheered each hole. The Olympics do some seriously funny things to me. Every damn time. Love them.
It's the only time it's okay as a man to cheer on a competitor in the dressage and pommel horse.

Ixion

Louis Smith about to go any minute in the Pommel Horse and then Max Whitlock.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Wasn't it always rumoured that some countries give these little girls stuff to let's say delay their physical development.
Certainly it's been assumed for a long time that some countries used hormones to delay puberty, and there's certainly some historical evidence. But because of normal variation between different individuals, and the fact that there are always genetic and environmental factors in play, it's hard to know for sure if it's still happening.

Female gymnasts in general are a couple of years behind the normal pattern, but their diets and the intensity of exercise could be the reason for that. Alternatively gymnastics may just favour the ones who mature later, and hence it's a self-selecting thing.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Certainly it's been assumed for a long time that some countries used hormones to delay puberty, and there's certainly some historical evidence. But because of normal variation between different individuals, and the fact that there are always genetic and environmental factors in play, it's hard to know for sure if it's still happening.

Female gymnasts in general are a couple of years behind the normal pattern, but their diets and the intensity of exercise could be the reason for that. Alternatively gymnastics may just favour the ones who mature later, and hence it's a self-selecting thing.
Girls who do gymnastics are inclined to be on the petite side, so you are probably right.

NinjaFletch

Gymnastics really throws me off.

I watch every routine and i'm like 'yes this is the best thing I've ever seen ever' and then all the judges give them a score of like 1 and the commentators call the athlete an embrassment and say how their mothers should be ashamed of them and stuff.

Then when I think I'm getting the hang of it I'll be like 'ooooh his little toe was pointing in a different direction to the rest of them the judges aren't going to like that' and the fecker will win.

Zen

You can add 1+1 to the gold and silver ranks due to Kenny and Skinner, Murray too, no reason he shouldn't defend his crown.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Oh Louis, how much will he be regretting that he played that routine safe?

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Max Whitlock, you legend!

Louis Smith must be bitterly disappointed but it's a bit classless not to congratulate your team mate becoming a history maker.

Summit

Arrogant and more interested in himself than the team's performance.
Team event is over in Gymnastics, this is all about the individual now. Not sure why you think he wouldn't be disappointed missing out on the gold?

Scrumpet

There are no words
Max Whitlock, you legend!

Louis Smith must be bitterly disappointed but it's a bit classless not to congratulate your team mate becoming a history maker.
It must be absolutely gutting but I do agree. I bet whoever loses in the men's sprint cycling tonight will be much more magnanimous.

Summit

It must be absolutely gutting but I do agree. I bet who ever loses in the men's sprint cycling tonight will be much more magnanimous.
He hugged him and congratulated him when the last gymnast was performing, I'm not sure where this is coming from? Obviously he was gutted, but he still went over and congratulated Max.

starman

It must be absolutely gutting but I do agree. I bet whoever loses in the men's sprint cycling tonight will be much more magnanimous.
Thats probably Smith's last ever chance of winning gold. Kenny is probably going to end up with 10 golds by the end of his career. Skinner already has one and is only 23