Rio Olympics 2016

Apart from Enis, what other GB medal opportunities are there?

More velodrome tomorrow night, Froome in the time trials, Murray vs Del Potro, Farrah in the 5000m, Justin Rose is leading with one day left.

Probably others as well but we've got more golds left in us yet.

Never saw a replay of Greg's jump.

@Jippy yep
Hats off. Ok, bronze not gold, but still pulled a biggie out the bag when needed and massive from the winner.
Maybe it ends up Mediocre Sunday unless Jess can deliver.

Wow that event annihilated KJT.

Mo's a legend. Has to get a knighthood.

Rutherford was fortunate four years ago. Few people were expecting him to win it a second time round, so he's done well.

More velodrome tomorrow night, Froome in the time trials, Murray vs Del Potro, Farrah in the 5000m, Justin Rose is leading with one day left.

Probably others as well but we've got more golds left in us yet.
Think we've got a super heavyweight boxer dude too.
Did we even enter the football this year? Not heard anything.

Think we've got a super heavyweight boxer dude too.
Did we even enter the football this year? Not heard anything.

Didn't enter the football. We did shite in 2012 but we basically had to then - footballs inventors not fielding a team in the home Olympics would be strange.

I think it's incredible how good we are at sport. We take the piss out of ourselves for being shit at stuff, but considering the size of our nation compared to the Yanks and the Chinese we have been superb over the last three games.

Imagine if darts was in it :drool:

I'm glad Jess and Greg will both get a medal along with Mo's Gold. Great efforts all round, shame about KJT. Hopefully she can fix those throwing events by 2020.

Didn't enter the football. We did shite in 2012 but we basically had to then - footballs inventors not fielding a team in the home Olympics would be strange.

I think it's incredible how good we are at sport. We take the piss out of ourselves for being shit at stuff, but considering the size of our nation compared to the Yanks and the Chinese we have been superb over the last three games.

Imagine if darts was in it :drool:
It is weird. Life has been shit for me lately, but I've really enjoyed the Olympics. Given the Brexit bollox, it almost restores some pride in the country.
The likes of Sor Bradley, Mo and Laura Trott are pretty impressive role models tbf.

Can't say I miss us in footie tbf.

I'm glad Jess and Greg will both get a medal along with Mo's Gold. Great efforts all round, shame about KJT. Hopefully she can fix those throwing events by 2020.
Loads of ppl on here will volunteer to help her build up her arm muscles.

That women's 100m record was set in 1988 and no one has gotten close to it since. Not suspicious at all.

It is weird. Life has been shit for me lately, but I've really enjoyed the Olympics. Given the Brexit bollox, it almost restores some pride in the country.
The likes of Sor Bradley, Mo and Laura Trott are pretty impressive role models tbf.

Can't say I miss us in footie tbf.

I think with football being our number one sport (which it ALWAYS will be) and the disappointment of the national team since '66, we have this mindset that we're a failure of a country sport wise. Yet we're definitely one of the top three sporting nations on the planet, even factoring in football (which we're much better at than China and the USA). We as a nation should be incredibly proud of this.

That women's 100m record was set in 1988 and no one has gotten close to it since. Not suspicious at all.
Aside from the doping suspicions (fair or not) around FloJo, it was likely wind-assisted.

A lot of the records have been around for donkeys - long jump, shot put and other shit.

They were all doped as feck back then, with poor standards of testing. Not to say the current athletes aren't on drugs, but it's a bigger challenge now to play around the tests.

That's what made the women's 10,000m record on saturday so suspicious. The previous one was set in 1993, and was highly suspicious as well.

I think with football being our number one sport (which it ALWAYS will be) and the disappointment of the national team since '66, we have this mindset that we're a failure of a country sport wise. Yet we're definitely one of the top three sporting nations on the planet, even factoring in football (which we're much better at than China and the USA). We as a nation should be incredibly proud of this.
We know we're shot hot at cycling and rowing tbf. Football aside, nice when we have stars like Mo, Jess and Tyson Fury lol.

Why haven't we still seen a replay of Rutherford's failed jump?

True that.
It takes the olympics to realise how good we are at sport generally.