Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Did really well when he came on: difference between him and Ibra was quite scary.

Last edited:

Sylar

Fantastic. I notice how he seems to make more runs when Pogba has the ball compared to everybody else. And in a way I dont blame him. the others dont seem good enough to find his run. Whereas Pogba almost always finds him running into space.

tomaldinho1

Very good performance, started to believe in him a bit. Ibra clearly not fit or match sharp.

Devil may care

Added some movement up top and at least tested the keeper a couple of times, really good run for the header in particular.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Fantastic. I notice how he seems to make more runs when Pogba has the ball compared to everybody else. And in a way I dont blame him. the others dont seem good enough to find his run. Whereas Pogba almost always finds him running into space.
Him and Pogba seem to have as good a relationship on the pitch as off it. A pity we haven’t seen them in the same team nearly enough this season.

Sylar

Him and Pogba seem to have as good a relationship on the pitch as off it. A pity we haven’t seen them in the same team nearly enough this season.
Agreed. I think it benefits Pogba also having him making that movement because it means Pogba can stretch the play and show of his ability of playing it long (as well as the short passes). It also creates space for Pogba to run into with the ball (as weve seen times)
Do wish we had both at the same time for some of the bigger matches this season.

NeglectedGoat

His link up play is severely underrated on here. Its odd because his first touch at times can be woeful but when he has runners and the ball fed into him he can also pull off some lovely little one touch passes.

Minimalist

His link up play is severely underrated on here. Its odd because his first touch at times can be woeful but when he has runners and the ball fed into him he can also pull off some lovely little one touch passes.
I agree. His link up play is rarely a big issue in our performances.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Probably first game where almost everyone thought he was good.

He was good and the runs he made gave some options for other players to pass. Pogba made beautiful pass when Lukaku made the run, Lukaku should have buried that chance. Also made very good run for the header.

Ashley R1+O

I agree, it is tight and he's quite adept creatively in touch and move situations. We essentially have a clogged toilet on the left and a bunch of players all scrunched up between the box and the half way line and then space for days on the right. We need some proper wingers and fullbacks to fully balance the attack out.

Really night and day stuff with the structural effect that Romelu has on a game compared to a barely fit Zlatan in terms of link up play.

Pacificgi

His cameo showed the difference hes brought to the attack with his movement since hes joined. Its been taken for granted compared to having ibra upfront last year.

The issue is were not creating enough and hes not getting the service. Hes shown that if we get the ball to him hes more than happy to front up the defender and get his shot away as quickly as possible which is great to see.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Played well when he came on, I liked it when he was tracking his man all the way back into his own half when the rest of the players were still sauntering about
In my opinion there is a difference in mentality between Lukaku and Martial/Rashford. Lukaku will work his socks off on the wing, whereas Martial/Rashford seem to think they are the star of the show.

I think that both youngsters need a reality check behind the scenes, like Ronaldo had when he was young. Do what is best for the team, when you work for the team the team will work for you and you'll become better.

ash_86

Good performance. We started playing slightly better while he was in there

James Peril

His link-up play is not very good, it doesn’t change the fact when and if he is successful a couple of times. It’s about the average ratio and also the fact that other players can start to doubt him. Also, we played bloody Bristol City yesterday, with the woeful ex-Villa defender Nathan Baker in the side. If you don’t play decently against him, there’s little hope for a striker in the Premier League trying to compete with Harry Kane and Sergio Aguero.

James Peril

Still don't think he's good enough to lead our attack as the main man but a very good striker and milles better than Ibra
Amen. Zlatan has completely lost it and should just go to the US before his enormous legacy takes a beating. I love the guy and also the his first six months here, but he is just not any good anymore. Again, one lucky free-kick won’t change the opinion.

Lukaku is very good at certain things and has enormous power, but is «very good» enough for Man Utd?

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
That's the sort of link up play that would be bare necessity for any top striker.

Leicester 2:2 Man Utd

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I don't usually criticise players for just one bad move, or miss, but that touch after Lingard's beautiful pass was absolutely painfull stuff to watch. Probably his second worst thing he's done here after that offside incident at start of the season.

Chicharito would have scored that and produce better touch than that, actually any professional striker would at least test the keeper there, decent touch and we are 1-0 up and crusing, but instead who knows how will this finish. I am sorry, but these things are unacceptable for a top team.

Santos J

I don't usually criticise players for just one bad move, or miss, but that touch after Lingard's beautiful pass was absolutely painfull stuff to watch. Probably his second worst thing he's done here after that offside incident at start of the season.

Chicharito would have scored that and produce better touch than that, actually any professional striker would at least test the keeper there, decent touch and we are 1-0 up and crusing, but instead who knows how will this finish. I am sorry, but these things are unacceptable for a top team.
Pretty sure he didn't touch it and it came off Maguire

haram

I thought Maguire touched it?

IrishRedDevil

Before typing nonsense, go watch the replay.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Seriously? Looked like it came off him and commentator said the same.

If I am wrong, then my apologies to Lukaku, but pretty sure It came off him.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Seriously? Looked like it came off him and commentator said the same.

If I am wrong, then my apologies to Lukaku, but pretty sure It came off him.
Nah honest mistake and I though the same too but maguire does fantastically to just stick his toe on it and take it away from Lukaku.

roykeane19

Under SAF up until RVP, we always had a minimum of 1-2 world class strikers, and then 1-2 very good super subs.Now our our main striker talent wise is an Andy carroll equivalent player. And our back up strikers we dont really have any proper ones.

Actually our wholes teams back up options are shit in all areas, from midfield, to strikers, no game changers on the bench

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Under SAF up until RVP, we always had a minimum of 1-2 world class strikers, and then 1-2 very good super subs.Now our our main striker talent wise is an Andy carroll equivalent player. And our back up strikers we dont really have any proper ones.

Actually our wholes teams back up options are shit in all areas, from midfield, to strikers, no game changers on the bench
Andy Carroll dreams of being half the player Lukaku is.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
For a player who quite clearly relies on good service in and around the box, we just don’t deliver.

Every ball in has been blocked or behind the players in the area. He looks frustrated today.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks

In short, one big pile of shit in your view. Wonderful analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.