6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindhunter

What's wrong with that? No he isn't, but there's no getting away from the fact that he's great in the air. Some decent balls in to the box on the odd occasion and he would be scoring more goals than he is.
Actually he is decent in the air at best. Physically he is a beast and will always dominate defenders. He is at his best when he is running into space not looking over his shoulders.

El Pasillo

There's no doubt that Lukaku is a great striker.

But he must consistently prove himself in UCL, the pinnacle of club football, to be considered as a top 5 striker at least.

Especially when he's playing for a club of Manchester United's caliber.

He played very well today, don't agree with you at all.
I was talking about whenever Lukaku was effecive in front of goal, not about his overall play...

Lol I don’t think anyone in world football is calling him wasteful today.
Guess they haven't watched Belgium game or his goals overshadowing Lukaku's misses.

Bats was wasteful, not Lukaku who scored 2 goals in 2 shots.
Agreed. Bats was definitely wasteful, but so was Lukaku who could've scored more goals given to the service he got from De Bruyne & Hazard.

You'd be singing a different tune if Benzema missed those chances.
Benzema and Lukaku are completely different type of players who have different roles in their respective clubs.

Terrible comparison.

What a load of bollocks.
Nope. I'm just being honest.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

But he must consistently prove himself in UCL, the pinnacle of club football, to be considered as a top 5 striker at least.

I was talking about whenever Lukaku was effecive in front of goal, not about his overall play...

Guess they haven't watched Belgium game or his goals overshadowing Lukaku's misses.

Agreed. Bats was definitely wasteful, but so was Lukaku who could've scored more goals given to the service he got from De Bruyne & Hazard.

Benzema and Lukaku are completely different type of players who have different roles in their respective clubs.

Terrible comparison.

Oh dear.

Minimalist

I have no doubt people are being 'honest' when they post.

That doesn't mean it's an argument that makes sense. Top strikers miss tons of chances - look it up, they count them (don't remember Lukaku doing this yesterday though).

SSSSnake

Terrible comparison.

I don’t think you watched the game. What were these clear chances? KDB over hit his pass and got nowhere near Lukaku.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Actually he is decent in the air at best. Physically he is a beast and will always dominate defenders. He is at his best when he is running into space not looking over his shoulders.
Lukaku is quite good in the air when he can run onto crosses in front of him. He'll win a good share of them, so having somebody who can provide a significant improvement in deliveries would see him cause havoc in the box.

It's winning long balls up from the back where he's, considering his size and power, shockingly poor. Just doesn't seem able to judge the flight of the ball at all as it always ends up going well over his head. If there was one thing he really needs to work on, even more than his inconsistent first touch, it would be to improve his ability to win those long balls.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I'm very impressed with how Lukaku's conducting himself on and off the pitch. He and Lingard have done United proud so far and hopefully Pogba will step it up too (actually in a generally lacklustre tournament for France he at least provided one of their few moments of quality in winning the ball high up the pitch and releasing Giroud for Mbappe's goal). Rom's definitely our man at the WC though, and what a man.

MetoTTT

What's wrong with that? No he isn't, but there's no getting away from the fact that he's great in the air. Some decent balls in to the box on the odd occasion and he would be scoring more goals than he is.
I've never said he wasn't good in the air. He isn't Andy Carroll. He has much more to offer. We couldn't expect win the EPL/be title contenders and be a competitive team in the ECL playing like Stoke or West Ham. I agree we need a better attacking play (more movement off the ball, better understanding of our players), a RW, good FBs etc. But I'm tired of the plan B (long balls to Fellaini and Lukaku) it never works...I'm not sure we have a plan A in attack actually.
Rom was awesome last season. He worked his socks off for the team, ran like Kanté, defended like Cavani without any complaint.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
I've never said he wasn't good in the air. He isn't Andy Carroll. He has much more to offer. We couldn't expect win the EPL/be title contenders and be a competitive team in the ECL playing like Stoke or West Ham. I agree we need a better attacking play (more movement off the ball, better understanding of our players), a RW, good FBs etc. But I'm tired of the plan B (long balls to Fellaini and Lukaku) it never works...I'm not sure we have a plan A in attack actually.
Rom was awesome last season. He worked his socks off for the team, ran like Kanté, defended like Cavani without any complaint.
No he isn't but it's about variation. If United had some decent crossers in their team Lukaku would arguably get a few more goals, not to mention it would open up the centre of the pitch and give him space to work in and make runs in behind.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Terrible comparison.

Kudos to the mods on an excellent use of the banning stick.

Meep

Needs to rest 1-2 days, ligament injury in left foot according to presser.

Bwuk

Needs to rest 1-2 days, ligament injury in left foot according to presser.
Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s benched for Game.

Unlike Kane, Lukaku cares more about the team than the golden boot.

Dr. StrangeHate

His never say die attitude reminds me of Ronaldo. His first touch reminds me of Rooney in his later years.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
El Passilo is Benzema's cousin. He/she thinks everyone is overrated except Benzema who doesn't get the credit he deserves.

Zoo

Not his night in front of goal that was a brilliant dummy at the critical moment for their winner.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Not the greatest of game but made it up with that stunning dummy at the end. Christ the presence of mind to do that considering the circumstances.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Incredible awareness by Lukaku for Chadli’s goal. He could’ve had a hat-trick himself with a bit more luck but that intelligence for the winner was outstanding.

Dolf

He doesn't only score goals, he also makes his teammates score them. Something which I don't see Kane doing as much. Should have scored the header though.

beedoubleyou

He doesn't only score goals, he also makes his teammates score them. Something which I don't see Kane doing as much. Should have scored the header though.
Two penalties, a header from a foot out and a deflected shot he knew nothing about. Do not underestimate the English GOAT.

Zoo

His layoffs were great too and some of the passes he fizzes across the pitch are excellent. His all round game is becoming superb.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Doing his Gerrard impression again with the team huddle :rolleyes: bit cringy that don't want to see it at united.

Status
Not open for further replies.