6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayne's World

Imagine how good he would be for us If we signed two proper overlapping full-backs and a direct right winger who can cross a ball and beat a man?

He'd score 40 goals for us If we saw a bit of sense and did our business there (which hopefully the club are working on)

Canagel

I'm still convinced we need to buy Mertens just to supply Lukaku, no other reason lol
I've been really impressed with Mertens. I don't care if he's 30 or 31. Technically he's very very good and he should be one of the main targets for RW. Can also play LW too. We don't even have any wingers at the club so we should be looking for more than 1.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Imagine how good he would be for us If we signed two proper overlapping full-backs and a direct right winger who can cross a ball and beat a man?

He'd score 40 goals for us If we saw a bit of sense and did our business there (which hopefully the club are working on)
Or even simpler than that, a player that actually tries to feed him. Mertens is a player that gives him respect. I wouldn't trust Rashford, Sanchez or Lingard to ever play it through to him. Martial does it sometimes but there's a real issue with the chemistry of our attack.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Imagine if Guardiola or Klopp was our manager, Lukaku would be scoring 30+ every year.

Ashley R1+O

What an absolute beast. We'll be fixing up the service to him over the next couple of years and he will go on a tear. That first finish was so superb.

ash_86

He's 25, let that sink in. We finally have a striker that is about to enter his prime years .The best thing about him is he is very keen to learn from his mistakes. Looks like a down to earth guy and supposedly leading a Belgium team full of super stars.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Have been one of Lukaku’s biggest critics based on his general ineptitude this season, but he’s been incredible so far at this tournament, and it’s clear Mourinho’s killing him, in the same way he is Rashford, Shaw, Martial etc - it’s at a point where it makes infinitely more sense to just replace the (mis)manager with someone who can play the football that’ll get the best out of them than lose or misuse them.
The Belgium coaches have just been saying recently how much he's improved this season. Mourinho is transforming him, not sure what you're on about. The difference is in the players around him.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I bloody hope that his knock today was minor as feck, and doesn't affect him for the rest of the tournament.

Sterling Archer

He's 25, let that sink in. We finally have a striker that is about to enter his prime years .The best thing about him is he is very keen to learn from his mistakes. Looks like a down to earth guy and supposedly leading a Belgium team full of super stars.
Everything we hear about him from coaches is positive. Eager to learn. Incredibly intelligent and driven . Humble. We're looking at that ideal United player. He will be great for us.

Whether the team can match that or not is another question

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Good thing We signed him last year, imagine how much He'd cost now. It was a genius move, Rooney moved on and joined his boyhood club and We got Lukaku.

SER19

I think even the most critical of lukaku will accept he has been somewhat a victim of our set up in the past season. If we maximise him I don’t think there’ll be a single doubter this time next year.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
Or even simpler than that, a player that actually tries to feed him. Mertens is a player that gives him respect. I wouldn't trust Rashford, Sanchez or Lingard to ever play it through to him. Martial does it sometimes but there's a real issue with the chemistry of our attack.
I'm not sure why you single out those 3 players here. Just because it doesn't come off that often doesn't mean they don't try.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Great WC so far. What a player we have and a thoughtful and intelligent human too. Can we have fewer “beast” comments please? What does that even mean?

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
I'm not sure why you single out those 3 players here. Just because it doesn't come off that often doesn't mean they don't try.

You don't recall classics like this from last season? I remember it happened against Bristol the game before too!

I haven't even watched United a lot, and I've seen this happen a lot from the the said players (especially Rashford).

maniwin

You don't recall classics like this from last season? I remember it happened against Bristol the game before too!

I haven't even watched United a lot, and I've seen this happen a lot from the the said players (especially Rashford).
The differences between us & Belgium is their player from fullback , cm and attackers were keep looking at Lukaku , try to find him , check his run & feed him regularly . We didn't

Last edited:

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
He's become an even more refined finisher. The couple of dinks he's pulled off in the WC really impressed me.

Lukaku's growing on me. Imagine him in a team providing him real service.

If that was KDB with that ball you know exactly where it's going.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
He's become an even more refined finisher. The couple of dinks he's pulled off in the WC really impressed me.

This is exactly my feeling. All of his finishes at the World Cup have been top drawer. We need to find a way to consistently service the lad next season. His conversion rate is superior to Kane - what he lacks is the same supply line.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream

I can also recall "classics" when they do feed Lukaku, including Rashford in the 1st half of the season. Rashford clearly lost his way a bit as the season wore on (seems like he's trying too hard to imitate Ronaldo :rolleyes:), but claiming that he wouldn't "ever" feed Lukaku due to some lack of "respect" is, I believe, revisionism based on his poor 2018.

Sanchez's problem seems to be more that he hasn't figured out his role in the attack yet, rather than simply being greedy. It's not like he's been shooting loads to try and claim the glory for himself. He did also assist Lukaku's goal against Swansea.

Lingard I can't remember specific examples, but he generally doesn't shy away from feeding others. Could fault him for quality but not for selfishness.

In general the whole United attack is just guilty of poor decision-making.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Feck me, look at Rashford?

Kostur

海尔的老板

Go rewatch Belgium's first game against Panama and how many times Hazard/Mertens have been selfish, taking chances themselves instead of passing it to Lukaku or even squaring it.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?

He's had the capability to score goals like that for ages (e.g. here, here and here) he just got very few opportunities playing in an Everton team that was built around crosses.

haram

If we can get the transitions and counters right he will be devastating. The build up from deeper areas is very crucial for next year.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
We should be more patience and be better in our judgment on players.

Most of the times players are based on singular role. Any player would need functioning teams to perform. If a striker isnt performing we should also evaluate the midfields behind him, if defence are leaking goals we should also consider the midfield ahead of them.

What's happening now is that every players are getting sticks as if the only reason they're not playing well is they're shit and jose is shit.

MetoTTT

The funny thing last season was the "more crosses in the box for Lukaku to score" nonsense. He isn't Andy Carroll. He has much more to his game.

Last edited:

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I think even the most critical of lukaku will accept he has been somewhat a victim of our set up in the past season. If we maximise him I don’t think there’ll be a single doubter this time next year.
Like most of our attackers, he’s suffered due to the way that the manager has set the team up.

The guy was literally feeding off scraps for so many games last season. With Mourinho we just don’t create enough chances.

He’s a 40 goal a season striker in the right setup.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
We should be more patience and be better in our judgment on players.

Most of the times players are based on singular role. Any player would need functioning teams to perform. If a striker isnt performing we should also evaluate the midfields behind him, if defence are leaking goals we should also consider the midfield ahead of them.

What's happening now is that every players are getting sticks as if the only reason they're not playing well is they're shit and jose is shit.
Jose isn’t shit, but the tactics he’s deployed for the vast majority of last season do not compliment attacking players at all. Our whole game is based around not conceding, which makes us a frustrating and painfully boring team to watch.

After this summer he’ll have a first 11 made up almost entirely of his signings. He will have no excuses if we are still looking so poor from an attacking sense.

CA1

He's a great striker, said it all season.

Whenever he gets the ball in the box, I'm waiting for a goal. Only the best strikers make you feel that way.

People ask for say Martial up front, does anyone honestly feel that way about him? I don't. I only think he'll score if he has time to come across it and curl it with his right foot.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
He was our best outfield player last season imo, and he's looking sharp in this tournament. Took both his goals extremely we'll yesterday and would've probably got a hat-trick if he stayed on.

Was listening to the Totally Football podcast earlier and they never gave the guy credit. He still gets shit on which is frustrating. Still implying that he's a flat-track bully and that England got nothing to fear. Absolute fecking jokers. Saying that, they basically shit all over the Belgium tbh, which was very weird.

Anyway, this guy has 40 international goals for his country at the age of just 25 and is tied with Ronaldo for the golden boot. Would love for him to do it.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
He was our best outfield player last season imo, and he's looking sharp in this tournament. Took both his goals extremely we'll yesterday and would've probably got a hat-trick if he stayed on.

Was listening to the Totally Football podcast earlier and they never gave the guy credit. He still gets shit on which is frustrating. Still implying that he's a flat-track bully and that England got nothing to fear. Absolute fecking jokers. Saying that, they basically shit all over the Belgium tbh, which was very weird.

Anyway, this guy has 40 international goals for his country at the age of just 25 and is tied with Ronaldo for the golden boot. Would love for him to do it.
I'm supposed to support England, but the english media constantly crucifying United players and the English FA being so badly run has made me dislike England.

If Lukaku scores against England, I would actually be pleased.

Crimson King

How good do they think England are?! They have everything to fear if that's what the guys on the pod think about Lukaku.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I'm supposed to support England, but the english media constantly crucifying United players and the English FA being so badly run has made me dislike England.

If Lukaku scores against England, I would actually be pleased.
The english media always make it difficult to like England in every World Cup. I don't support them anyway, but i also don't dislike the team. There's a few players i really like. Obviously the United lads, but some others also. But the shit that surrounds it (the media, the pundits, the commentary) is just so grating.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
How good do they think England are?! They have everything to fear if that's what the guys on the pod think about Lukaku.
Well judging how defensive they got when Jimbo challenged them slightly on not giving Belgium enough credit, but lauding England for only just beating the same team, they're either extremely insecure or genuinely think England are one of the best teams there.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
The funny thing last season was the "more crosses in the box for Lukaku to score" nonsense. He isn't Andy Carroll. He has much more to his game.
What's wrong with that? No he isn't, but there's no getting away from the fact that he's great in the air. Some decent balls in to the box on the odd occasion and he would be scoring more goals than he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.