Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
There is no shame in being half a level below Kane who I think is probably the best pure striker in the world right now. If Lukaku had a better first touch he would be the same. I say he is half a level below because I highly rate Kane and think he will be remembered as one of the best of this generation.

One chance per second is obviously exaggeration to make a point. Mourinho's negative style has negatively impacted Lukaku. As you can clearly see he is lethal in a lively Belgium squad. Doesn't do so well with static play. Guy feeds of movement and runs in the final third.
And now you're telling me the team actually made 5400 chances per game? your posts keep contradicting each other. :p

You would think if Kane is at the level where He could be considered one of the best, then surely being half-a-level below Kane means that Lukaku isn't one of the best. They need to be at least on par.

Alexit

Hope he carries this form into the season for us. If only he had more consistent service he'd bang in even more for us.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Gutted he didn't have the last 30mins today, could have been well clear in the Golden boot!

Laurentiu amt

There is no shame in being half a level below Kane who I think is probably the best pure striker in the world right now. If Lukaku had a better first touch he would be the same. I say he is half a level below because I highly rate Kane and think he will be remembered as one of the best of this generation.

One chance per second is obviously exaggeration to make a point. Mourinho's negative style has negatively impacted Lukaku. As you can clearly see he is lethal in a lively Belgium squad. Doesn't do so well with static play. Guy feeds of movement and runs in the final third.
If Lukaku is half a level below Kane you must be watching tennis or some other sport. If a player that scores almost the same amount of goals as Kane is half a level below him, what does that to to Neymar(a player that scores around half the goals the following 2 score/season) vs CR/Messi, a player vastly regarded by people as being "half a level" above those two.

If Kane would've won some shite in the last few years and dragged his team to those results, that would've put him half a level before Lukaku. Atm, both are easily overrated strikers that haven't accomplished shite in the game. I would say they're kind of equal, but hey, Kane is English and it;s impossible for this forum to think level when speaking about their beloved English players.

As long as they score almost the same amount of goals +-5, they're kind of equal. Both are at a very high level, but for Kane to be "half a level" above him, he needs to do something noticeable in this game. Until now, he didn't.

prateik

Could genuinely have had a couple more..
4 goals in the WC.. delighted for him.

Would probably get a few against England as well..

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
If Lukaku is half a level below Kane you must be watching tennis or some other sport. If a player that scores almost the same amount of goals as Kane is half a level below him, what does that to to Neymar(a player that scores around half the goals the following 2 score/season) vs CR/Messi, a player vastly regarded by people as being "half a level" above those two.

If Kane would've won some shite in the last few years and dragged his team to those results, that would've put him half a level before Lukaku. Atm, both are easily overrated strikers that haven't accomplished shite in the game. I would say they're kind of equal, but hey, Kane is English and it;s impossible for this forum to think level when speaking about their beloved English players.

As long as they score almost the same amount of goals +-5, they're kind of equal. Both are at a very high level, but for Kane to be "half a level" above him, he needs to do something noticeable in this game. Until now, he didn't.
This season Lukaku scored 27 in 51, Kane 41 in 48.
It has nothing to do with being English, I'm Welsh.

El Pasillo

Lukaku was pretty wasteful, should've scored 4 goals during the 1st half.

The service he is getting from Belgian midfield is unreal.

Lukaku will need to be more clinical with them. He That could be the difference against well organised defensive-minded teams.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Lukaku will need to be more clinical with them. He That could be the difference against well organised defensive-minded teams.
4 goals in first half? Sure if he was Superman and could reach any distance in no time.

He is very clinical. This expectation of 100% conversion is just laughable.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea

He played very well today, don't agree with you at all.

haram

Literally what striker scores 4 goals in one half?

El Pasillo

Literally what striker scores 4 goals in one half?
4 goals in first half? Sure if he was Superman and could reach any distance in no time.

He is very clinical. This expectation of 100% conversion is just laughable.
When you're getting clear-cut chances that are expected to be put into the goal and doesn't take advantage of it, then it's indeed bad.

Lukaku was wasteful in term of the chances he got from Hazard & De Bruyne today.

Doesn't matter anyway since Tunisia were shite, but it could be costly against a strong defensive side.

roonster09

Scout
Some of the comments are just downright stupid or few are trolling. He scored 4 goals in 150 mins, and people and moaning about his level compared to Kane or some of the failed touches.

SSSSnake

When you're getting clear-cut chances that are expected to be put into the goal and doesn't take advantage of it, then it's indeed bad.

Lukaku was wasteful in term of the chances he got from Hazard & De Bruyne today.

Doesn't matter anyway since Tunisia were shite, but it could be costly against a strong defensive side.
Lol I don’t think anyone in world football is calling him wasteful today.

roonster09

Scout

KdB pass was overhit one which he couldn't reach. The other one he tried to make space by kicking the ball fair distance and it didn't with out. Wouldnt call that clear cut chance at all, very from it.

Bats was wasteful, not Lukaku who scored 2 goals in 2 shots.

Rajma

To be honest if we would play to his strengths he could rack up a fair few goals against minnows.

432JuanMata

17 goals in his last 11 games for Belgium is incredible. He now has 5 World Cup goals if Belgium go far(which is expected) and him being 29 at the next World Cup anyone think there is a possibility of breaking Klose record ? Might be a stretch but actually could be possible

rotherham_red

When he signed I was pretty underwhelmed but since January he's made me eat my words and then some. To the extent that from being a player I wasn't particularly arsed with, he's probably my favourite current player.

Fantastic attitude and he works his proverbial off. It helps that he's a clinical git in front of goal too!

SpyLuke10

I'll never understand why we only used that tactic for Everton and Watford matches. Two of our best performances.
We used it for the Arsenal 3-1 win too but Jose was clearly not impressed at all with that performance defensively given De Gea had to make several saves and it was dropped after that. Martial Lukaku strike partnership is the best thing since sliced bread.

SpyLuke10

Lukaku will not replicate this form for United until we sign a proper RB, RW and LB. Mertens is causing havoc and dragging defenders all over the place. Our right wing is currently nonexistent. Everything is focused on the left side and even on that side we don't have enough quality.
We recently signed Dalot. But you're somewhat on the mark. The attack atm is quite imbalanced. We really badly need to find a solution for the left back and right wing positions, and most likely this will come through signing players. I also think with a fit Bailly all season the team will be more attacking. We could do with another quality midfielder in addition to Fred too.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.

They aren’t scoring anywhere near the same amount of goals. It has nothing to do with being English. I believe the difference between Kane and lukaku would be similar to say ronaldo and Neymar and this is being a little generous to lukaku (and please don’t try and quote me on “oh you think kane is ronaldo now)

Anyway he’s a top class striker but like I said in my opinion Kane will go on to be remember as he premier leagues best of this generation.

Maybe RVN and Henry is a good comparison.

AP88

Supports
Man City
Have been one of Lukaku’s biggest critics based on his general ineptitude this season, but he’s been incredible so far at this tournament, and it’s clear Mourinho’s killing him, in the same way he is Rashford, Shaw, Martial etc - it’s at a point where it makes infinitely more sense to just replace the (mis)manager with someone who can play the football that’ll get the best out of them than lose or misuse them.

Minimalist

Grow up.

He was excellent today.

arnie_ni

The only one he fecked up was the half dive apology after the awful first touch.

The other half chances de bryne overhit the pass/cross by inches.

breakout67

Supports
Man City

You'd be singing a different tune if Benzema missed those chances.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Hazard: "It's easy to play with Romelu Lukaku, pass him the ball and he scores evey time. He was fantastic."

You can play with him more often, if you want...
He's 27 y.o. and will be 30 in 3 years. 60m not even a penny more.:cool:

I wonder how much Hazard would cost. He's exactly what we need.

Fridge chutney

Do your best.

What a load of bollocks.

Litch

If we were going for him after this world up, would cost more than 75m, that's for certain. It's clear give him the right service and he'll score goals....

Fridge chutney

Do your best.
Have been one of Lukaku’s biggest critics based on his general ineptitude this season, but he’s been incredible so far at this tournament, and it’s clear Mourinho’s killing him, in the same way he is Rashford, Shaw, Martial etc - it’s at a point where it makes infinitely more sense to just replace the (mis)manager with someone who can play the football that’ll get the best out of them than lose or misuse them.
Except that Henry (Belgium assistant manager) has stated explicitly that Lukaku has improved his game since joining Manchester United.

Womp womp.

Minimalist

Except that Henry (Belgium assistant manager) has stated explicitly that Lukaku has improved his game since joining Manchester United.

Womp womp.
Lukaku is one of our better performers despite the problems. It's the players behind him that are being killed (if that is the case).

Varun

Staff
I really can't understand how anyone could have watched him play this season and watched him before that and come to the conclusion that he hasn't improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.