Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He is not the problem but it comes back to one man ... Mourinho. I don’t know what his tactics are. He buys lukaku a guy who benefits from fluid final third movement and poaching but sets up a team that makes one chance per game.
Thing is, Lukaku would thrive in both this setup and the counterattacking setup as well. Which is something Mourinho probably will look to improve. I think we can expect more from Lukaku in his second season. He is certainly has a lot more in his locker than a Chicharito type

adamwest

Two class finishes. Interesting to hear Drogba saying he’s been telling him to replicate the movements of a tennis player before they hit a shot. Short steps then bam. Worked a treat for his first goal!

Canagel

Lukaku will not replicate this form for United until we sign a proper RB, RW and LB. Mertens is causing havoc and dragging defenders all over the place. Our right wing is currently nonexistent. Everything is focused on the left side and even on that side we don't have enough quality.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
The progression just cannot be denied. Everyone and their dog in football comments on his intelligence and willingness to improve and learn. Going from strength to strength.
I believe the Belgium assistant manager also commented on his improvement ever since he has joined United.

deafepl

If Lukaku scored a lot of goal for us next season like he does for Belgium now then he'd be worth 150m more. His price tag seems more bargain as time goes.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Can't wait for the season to start. Lukaku and Sanchez are going to get the right service. They're going to be deadly this season. He'll still have his haters though, I suppose.

Skills

Snitch
If Lukaku scored a lot of goal for us next season like he does for Belgium now then he'd be worth 150m more. His price tag seems more bargain as time goes.
Mourinho was right. We got really lucky with the timing of his signing. Completely different level B.N. (before Neymar) and A.N.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Hopefully this will open Mou's mind to buy a good playmaker in the class of Hazard or KdB.
Doubt it though.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
We started the season well setting up Lukaku with a fair number of chances against West Ham and CSKA Moscow but didn't really build on that.

There was also an obsession with trying to cross the ball to Lukaku when he's shown that he's perfectly fine with the ball at his feet. I thought it was a shame we didn't build up on the Martial-Lukaku partnership as the link up play and on field chemistry between them was pretty good.

Hopefully we can get the best out of Lukaku next season. With the right service he's deadly.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Or alternatively when you see a person posting garbage and calling him out on it.
What is the garbage I posted? You haven't pointed it out once. Just calling me names and being immature.

Thing is, Lukaku would thrive in both this setup and the counterattacking setup as well. Which is something Mourinho probably will look to improve. I think we can expect more from Lukaku in his second season. He is certainly has a lot more in his locker than a Chicharito type
I think he is the same mold of player as Chicharito but just a much, much higher level with some extra strength added too. Just think we will have the same frustrations if Mourinho plays the same stuff all around.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
We started the season well setting up Lukaku with a fair number of chances against West Ham and CSKA Moscow but didn't really build on that.

There was also an obsession with trying to cross the ball to Lukaku when he's shown that he's perfectly fine with the ball at his feet. I thought it was a shame we didn't build up on the Martial-Lukaku partnership as the link up play and on field chemistry between them was pretty good.

Hopefully we can get the best out of Lukaku next season. With the right service he's deadly.
I'll never understand why we only used that tactic for Everton and Watford matches. Two of our best performances.

Nikelesh Reddy

Well played Rom!!I”m just delighted for him,his confidence will be sky high going into next season...

haram

A player with his mentality and work rate is just going to get better and better. Probably my favourite player at the club.

Zoo

The scrutiny on him has become patronising now. He’s an elite forward and will continue to get better.

Drawfull

He is not the problem but it comes back to one man ... Mourinho. I don’t know what his tactics are. He buys lukaku a guy who benefits from fluid final third movement and poaching but sets up a team that makes one chance per game.
Except that's simply not true. We've created far more chances per game this season, than the season prior and that had miles more than the season prior to that. You're essentially saying we're set up like an LVG side, which you know is wrong.

shamans

Except that's simply not true. We've created far more chances per game this season, than the season prior and that had miles more than the season prior to that. You're essentially saying we're set up like an LVG side, which you know is wrong.
I literally didn't say that yet you you're saying I did...

Zoo

Lukaku was flashed at 37km/h in the first half.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Watching him do well for Belgium makes me glad he decided not to play for us in the Fa cup final.

lysglimt

Scout
Makes you wonder how much he can score for us if we get some decent attacking football going

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He is one of the best around but he is definitely half a level bellow the level of someone like Kane.
Right, so He's one of the best yet He's half a level below the level of someone like Kane and yet He is not a problem.
Guess who's the problem?
Yes! of course! it's fecking Mourinho. Everything is obviously Mourinho's fault.

One chance per game is not true at all. Stop being being hyperbolic.

Fridge chutney

Do your best.
Right, so He's one of the best yet He's half a level below the level of someone like Kane and yet He is not a problem.
Guess who's the problem?
Yes! of course! it's fecking Mourinho. Everything is obviously Mourinho's fault.

All too often hyperbole is par for the course on this forum.

shamans

Guess who's the problem?

There is no shame in being half a level below Kane who I think is probably the best pure striker in the world right now. If Lukaku had a better first touch he would be the same. I say he is half a level below because I highly rate Kane and think he will be remembered as one of the best of this generation.

One chance per second is obviously exaggeration to make a point. Mourinho's negative style has negatively impacted Lukaku. As you can clearly see he is lethal in a lively Belgium squad. Doesn't do so well with static play. Guy feeds of movement and runs in the final third.

Status
Not open for further replies.