6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crashoutcassius

His touch is cat but from what I can see he mostly recovers his possession by just nudging the defender away from the ball. Mata loses the ball a lot with a far better touch, maybe the best touch. Just too weak.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Mourinho needs to stop kissing his ass so hard. You can't be incredibly hard on some players and continue to praise Lukaku more than he deserves.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
If you look closely, that dodgy touch also makes oppo's defenders bit confused. Blessing.

On a serious note: It's PL competitive matches what makes him deadly and as long as he can do it consistently, here's long awaited bang for the buck.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Mourinho needs to stop kissing his ass so hard. You can't be incredibly hard on some players and continue to praise Lukaku more than he deserves.
What's your problem? He just joined a new team, of course tries everything to build up his confidence and make him feel welcome!

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
If you look closely, that dodgy touch also makes oppo's defenders bit confused. Blessing.

On a serious note: It's PL competitive matches what makes him deadly and as long as he can do it consistently, here's long awaited bang for the buck.
I didn't check properly, thought it came of CB first.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Is this one of those Facebook memes?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I didn't check properly, thought it came of CB first.
That doesn't apply only to today's game. Generally a good striker should instigate some chaos in the back line and Lukaku is hard to push or intimidate with a foul... players bounce off him and I don't think he even feels any sort of pain. His weird control style adds to the situational gain and I think he'll score many winning goals, typically for a solid PL striker.

:lol: It's like the accidental version of Herrera's trademark 'drop a shoulder then pop it a yard or two to the other side' first touch.
:lol: Football is a game of accidents, ricochets and slips.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Never forget the famous Mexican face-goal, as demonstrated by Javier Hernandez, once of this parish.
Exactly what I was trying to say, only this is better example. Chicharito was indeed a sorcerer supreme in these type situations and just like Lukaku he wasn't superb technically at all, his goals though was enough to climb at top of the table.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Our highest ever goalscorer? Excellent example.
This is quite possibly the worst post in the whole thread, almost worse than the one bringing up facebook memes.

Completely disingenuous. You're basically hinting that you never watched our games. That's the only way you could have missed Rooney's highly inconsistent touch over the course of 13 years - yes, in spite of his goals.

Shark

@NotShark
This is quite possibly the worst post in the whole thread, almost worse than the one bringing up facebook memes.

Completely disingenuous. You're basically hinting that you never watched our games. That's the only way you could have missed Rooney's highly inconsistent touch over the course of 13 years - yes, in spite of his goals.
If you read my post after the quoted one, you would see that's the point I'm making.

Dazzmondo

Isn't there already a thread devoted to Lukaku's touch? Maybe you should take this discussion to that thread instead of bloating the 2016/17 performance thread. His touch in the RSL was good as far as I'm concerned. He linked up very well and did his job.

Acole9

Outstanding
Better performance today and a well taken goal, looked so calm.

ash_86

He brings people into play by taking away defenders. I'm sure our goal tally for our midfielders would be more this term

Ban

So this theme about his first touch will be discussed the whole year I reckon, much like Shaw's supposed fatness.

AshRK

I don't care if his first touch is crap as long as he scores plenty for us. Do you think we will be bothered if he scores 30 odd goals in all competition for us come may 2018.? I know I wont.

Steven7290

LUKAKU'S FIRST GOAL

"I think it’s just nice for him but not important for me. When he came [over to the touchline] for the water, before he scored the goal, I told him, 'I love everything you do on the pitch. Don’t be worried about scoring or not scoring because it's not important.' He holds the ball so well, he plays one touch, two touches so well. He sees, he moves, he gets behind people, he attacks crosses, he works with the team and when we lose the ball he presses well. I like everything he does. For me, it's easy to feel it, because he was my player four years ago or something like that, his evolution was great. He’s now a top striker and the goal is just a detail, not important."
Jose taking the pressure off him early on. I've started to like him more and more.

AndyJ1985

I like the look of him and I'm more excited to have him up front than I was Zlatan. I just think Lukaku will be better suited and get more from our attacking players because he's a lot quicker and more mobile.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
His movement is really good. I love that he is ALWAYS looking to run in behind first and foremost. Every time the ball went over the top he was on the last man ready for a tap in. He times his runs well coming from an offside position and once he's ahead you can't stop him.

He is definitely going to score plenty for us.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
'I love everything you do on the pitch. Don’t be worried about scoring or not scoring because it's not important.''
I love that. It obviously is important but will hopefully make Rom feel at ease enough to help slot em away

santeria13

Sublemon
Is it just me who finds it utterly ridiculous just how much lukakus first touch is being discussed? It's one of his weaknesses but then why do we not make a whole thread on every striker in the PL and their respective weaknesses? It's no where near as bad as some are making out and certainly not bad enough to warrant the extended discussion that it has.

Yes, he has a bad touch and still manages to score bag loads of goals, which is why he was brought in. Get over it.

I'd say the weaknesses of our attacking line up on the whole are far more threatening to our all round play. Mata tends to go missing, mikhi has reached nani levels of inconsistency. Martial doesnt know how to make a run and our best striker was a 35 year old who a lot of people still were not happy with despite the amount of goals he scored. Its part and parcel of being a footballer.

Canagel

He brings people into play by taking away defenders. I'm sure our goal tally for our midfielders would be more this term
This is what I'm most intrigued about. With Zlatan although he scored many goals for us, his lack of pace and movement didn't help us at times especially when we needed to counter attack. I think this season with Lukaku we might see more goals from Pogba, Martial and Rashford because he will stretch teams with his strength and pace and I wouldn't mind if Lukaku doesn't score as many as Zlatan if he helps the other guys to score more goals because it will benefit the team as a whole.

Reactions: Penna

AshRK

He is a top class finisher. I think many underrate him because he has not played for a big club. But this boy will score many for us.

Eddy_JukeZ

Very impressive finish.

I honestly thought he was going to miss considering the angle it was.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Class finish. Pace and great finishing is what we’ve been missing.

Walters_19_MuFc

Great finish, with such a tight angle, but again, I have been impressed with his overall performance. Running channels, linking play, holding it up, etc. Very impressive stuff by Rom.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
That was a mad goal. He really had no right scoring from such an angle and from that bounce.

Status
Not open for further replies.