6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpyLuke10

Has been excellent all season except for October and November where he couldn't buy a goal, I don't really remember him scoring many in December and January either but his performances were far better than in October and November, he was putting in lots of very good performances in December and January without scoring, and he was really starting to rack up the assists.

Our player of the season so far imo.

SpyLuke10

I'd absolutely love to see him paired up as a strike partnership up front with Martial.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
In recent months Rom has been the United player likeliest to show up. Once again, when we needed something, he stepped up.

Acole9

Outstanding
I think he's had a good first season for us. Couldn't stop scoring at the start of the season, had that dip in the middle and has been scoring regularly recently.

Raw

5 goals and 1 assist in 4 games (249 minutes) in the FA Cup, goal/assist every 42 minutes. We weren't exactly against stellar opposition but that's a mighty fine record.

FujiVice

What happened to this guy?! I remember after the City game there was major question marks over his bottle and whether he had it in him to be a striker at a club like this. His attitude on the pitch has been first class. Absolute leader since late January. What a man.

RuudTom83

Mental strength - check!

One of the only few players in the squad with any grit between there teeth to get themselves through a bad patch.

Canagel

He is a proper centre forward with the right mentality to succeed at the club. I'm very happy with how he came back from the dry spell in the middle of the season. He is deadly inside the box. If we can get 2 proper fullbacks and a right winger he'll score even more next season. It's a testament to his ability that he's scored as much as he has in this team. We don't provide with him with quality service and our football as a team is very disjointed.

He’s bucked up his ideas over the last month. His build up play has improved dramatically. He not exactly eligant on the ball, and so will be prone to some awful moments - but at least now he’s giving it a go. Needs to work on his hold up play, which is poor - I certainly don’t think he’s a world class striker or ever going to be one, like RVN but think he can be a very good striker who scores lots of goals ala Andy Cole.

Minimalist

Did a wee Premier League performance comparison (somebody might have already done it) with Drogba's first two title winning seasons at Chelsea (04-06). I know they're not identical players (think Drogba was 27 when he came to Chelsea) but it's a common physical comparison given to Lukaku. I'm also aware it's not the same league competition anymore but feck it.

So Lukaku has been involved with more goals (goals + assists) this season than Drogba's first in 04-05 and is only 3 goals/assists off matching the second in 05-06. Lukaku has also been available more (less injuries/bans) which helps. Lukaku has missed one game this season (29/30). Drogba only made 26/38 in 04-05 and 29/38 in 05-06.

I suppose in Drogba's case he went on to perform better later on from around 07-10 (I seem to remember at least) but given it's Lukaku's first season after the move that has to be taken into account. Also Lukaku doesn't have a Frank Lampard, scoring goals from midfield and toping the club scoring charts, to take some pressure off him.

tjb

This guy does not get enough service. It has absolutely nothing to do with movement either. Yesterday he was all over the pitch, even switching to the right wing the way Henry used to switch to the left, in order to find free space for a ball to come in. Nothing came. Ibra used to drop so deep to get the ball last season for the same reason, therefore creating his own chances. But unless pogba had the ball, nothing would come in. I've seen Kane and Aguero miss chance after chance, this guy literally only gets one or two a game. Even during his dry spell, people blamed him and I do agree that as a player hes improved his touch and hold up ability, but he has never received the type of service a striker at a top team should get.

Trizy

He's improved a lot, credit to him. If only he didn't go through a massive league dry spell he could be on 30 goals already and we'd be talking about him a lot more.

As good of a season as Ibrah last year. Still could be better.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

So only 10 times 30 or more goals are scored in a season by ManUtd player. If he can achieve that, it would be great start to his ManUtd career.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
I really like him, we've needed a striker in his mould for a while. Can see him being prolific for us for years to come.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He's a really good finisher. We miss out on his goal scoring potential a lot seeing the lack of crosses or through passes He gets in games...
He's quick, strong, have a good mentality and is only 24 years old. Wouldn't trade him for anyone. Proper ManUnited striker.

MuseJoris

Lukaku playing well for Belgium atm. scored a nice goal. good link up play. continuing his good spell :)

MS4

Hazard, Bruyne, Lukaku ... looks like an Allstar Team from the PL :D

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Might not be rated by all of our fans but is very highly rated by at least one opposition player:
"There are many," the Argentine centre-back (Ottamendi) told Marca, when asked which strikers in world football make him "suffer". "Luis Suarez is a striker who is constantly moving, making diagonal runs, creating space, then you always have to be prepared to run. Then [Romelu] Lukaku is another very strong player, technically good, quick... It's between those two."

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Would be great if he could get 9 goals in his last 9-10 games. Then only Law, RVN and Ronaldo have scored more than him in a United season!
Yeah. He's improved loads the last 2 months I feel, and generally has produced in every cup competition, just had his inconsistencies in the league so far. 14 league goals after 30 games (he played 29 of them) is a bit disappointing, especially when last season he had 25 in 37. Needs to get to 20 league goals by the end of the season at the very least IMO to make it a good league campaign, though in all comps he's been fine.

The way he's kicked on though, I feel like he's capable of getting to 40 goals in all comps next season. Just needs to eliminate runs like that one he had mid season.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This year has definitely been a learning process for Lukaku, but I think we've all seen he's evolved/become stronger since that poor winter form.

He's been great this season IMO, one of our better performers consistently.

JohnnyKills

This year has definitely been a learning process for Lukaku, but I think we've all seen he's evolved/become stronger since that poor winter form.

He's been great this season IMO, one of our better performers consistently.
Yeah he's improving for sure. His movement and hold-up play is miles better than it was.

Still have that nagging feeling we'd be more fluent without him though. The best football we've played since the opening day was the second half at Everton and Martial was the striker that day.

haram

Still have that nagging feeling we'd be more fluent without him though. The best football we've played since the opening day was the second half at Everton and Martial was the striker that day.
It’s all in your head. We would have played the same with Lukaku up front in that game.

el3mel

OK mate, great counter-argument.
TBF, using a second half of one game is a very weak argument point. I remember having a discussion with someone else last season when he was saying we're better without Zlatan solely based on Chelsea game being our best in the season. Taking a very small sample for an argument is very weak imo.

Kapardin

Yeah. He's improved loads the last 2 months I feel, and generally has produced in every cup competition, just had his inconsistencies in the league so far. 14 league goals after 30 games (he played 29 of them) is a bit disappointing, especially when last season he had 25 in 37. Needs to get to 20 league goals by the end of the season at the very least IMO to make it a good league campaign, though in all comps he's been fine.

The way he's kicked on though, I feel like he's capable of getting to 40 goals in all comps next season. Just needs to eliminate runs like that one he had mid season.
Didn't realise it was only 14, I thought he would be closer to 20. Yeah, he needs to hit 20, though I am pleased with his recent performances.

JohnnyKills

TBF, using a second half of one game is a very weak argument point. I remember having a discussion with someone else last season when he was saying we're better without Zlatan solely based on Chelsea game being our best in the season. Taking a very small sample for an argument is very weak imo.
I agree, but it's the only game we can use as evidence as Lukaku has played all the others.

Kostur

海尔的老板
It’s all in your head. We would have played the same with Lukaku up front in that game.
It's the same shit spiel as last season, then it was 'everything was going through Ibra', 'everything is played so that he scores', 'he's selfish', 'holding us back'. Now it's the donkey talk, being more fluid if X and other bullshit that holds no water whatsoever. Even if he stopped now, at 25 goals and 8 assists it would've been a good debut season, at the moment however he's on course of beating Ibra's last season goal/assists tally (28g/9a), should he pass 30 goals, well, @roonster09's post at the top of this page pretty much says it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.