Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Happy for him.
Needs to work on his movement. Would even be more prolific.

GM K

Am I alone in thinking all things considered, he's our best outfield player?
It's between Lukaku and Matic for me. But gun to my head, I'll pick Matic. He was slightly more consistent and didn't have any long term injuries that kept him out.

Inter Yer Nan

Am I alone in thinking all things considered, he's our best outfield player?
He's our most important for sure. Pogba is probably our best talent but Lukaku more indispensable to us currently.

If Pogba can consistently deliver what we know he's capable of and we can improve our full-back situation then I see Lukaku getting around 35 goals next season. Just got to get the ball into him and he'll score for fun.

SSSSnake

Big Rom coming up with the goals again. He’ll get 40 goals next season with decent service.

Kazi

Don’t make the mistake of judging him in these games. His ability to score meaningless goals against rubbish has never been questioned.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Lukaku > Kane.

Genuinely is. Doesn't get to showcase it with the level of service he gets though.
Come on, now, let's be reasonable.

Hopefully Lukaku will bring a lot of confidence from the World Cup, and take another step up in the coming season. Overall he had a good first season, but we simply need him to score more goals than he did this season.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I can't shake the feeling that him and Mahrez would be such a good combo. We need someone that can play to Romelu's strengths. The goal return from such a thing would be important for us.

Good game, getting more clinical with each game for Belgium. He was very quiet early on but once the service came and he adjusted his movement a little he got his goals.

Norris

Does Lukaku need a couple if kids with whom he could swear contentious goals on?
:lol: Most definitely will have to be done for Rom to match Kane's obvious advantage!

Lukaku scored quite a few wonder goals at Everton.

Kane will never score a goal like that in his life. Kane is a phenomenal striker and better than Lukaku but I don't think it's farfetched that Lukaku has the potential to be better.
Thanks for that share. I do remember this goal, but was probably at the back of my mind. Also remember a couple of goals from him at West Brom.
I remember Kane doing something similar a few seasons ago, dribbling past a few players and hitting a sweet shot into the bottom corner from outside the box.
I do agree with the last point however. I think Lukaku's ceiling is higher, but on current form, Kane would have to edge it, as reluctant as I am to admit it.

I also didn't know that Henry was involved in the national team coaching staff. That will massively benefit Lukaku, especially the off the ball stuff, since I think Rom is pretty clinical as it is. But service for him has to improve though.

Kazi

Don’t make the mistake of judging him in these games. His ability to score meaningless goals against rubbish has never been questioned.

Inter Yer Nan

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/romelu-lukaku-ive-got-some-things-to-say

Good read this. He's got a great mentality and outlook. In one season he's became my favorite outfield player at the club. Mental a year ago I thought Morata would be a better fit.

If you don’t like the way I play, that’s fine. But I was born here. I grew up in Antwerp, and Liège and Brussels. I dreamed of playing for Anderlecht. I dreamed of being Vincent Kompany. I’ll start a sentence in French and finish it in Dutch, and I’ll throw in some Spanish or Portuguese or Lingala, depending on what neighborhood we’re in.

I’m Belgian.

We’re all Belgian. That’s what makes this country cool, right?

I don’t know why some people in my own country want to see me fail. I really don’t. When I went to Chelsea and I wasn’t playing, I heard them laughing at me. When I got loaned out to West Brom, I heard them laughing at me.

But it’s cool. Those people weren’t with me when we were pouring water in our cereal. If you weren’t with me when I had nothing, then you can’t really understand me.

You know what’s funny? I missed 10 years of Champions League football when I was a kid. We never could afford it. I would come into school and all the kids would be talking about the final, and I’d have no idea what happened. I remember back in 2002, when Madrid played Leverkusen, everybody was like, “The volley! Oh my God, the volley!”

I had to pretend like I knew what they were talking about.

Two weeks later, we were sitting in computer class, and one of my friends downloaded the video off the Internet, and I finally saw Zidane smash it into the top corner with his left.

That summer, I went over to his house so I could watch Ronaldo Fenomeno in the World Cup Final. Everything else from that tournament is just a story I heard from the kids at school.

Ha! I remember I had holes in my shoes in 2002. Big holes.

Twelve years later, I was playing in the World Cup.

Now I’m about to play in another World Cup, and you know what? I’m going to remember to have fun this time. Life is too short for the stress and the drama. People can say whatever they want about our team, and about me.

Marcelinho87

Chuffed for him but it is Panama... Hopefully keeps it up and has a storming tournament, could easily finish top scorer.

Smores

I can't shake the feeling that him and Mahrez would be such a good combo. We need someone that can play to Romelu's strengths. The goal return from such a thing would be important for us.
It'd be a great combination for sure. I just want us to have one crossing threat from the right don't care if its RW or RB

James Peril

Lads, it’s Panama - some perspective please. Two great goals and in perfect positions, but some of the comments above are over the top. The guy is great when he has space to run in, which you will get against Panama when they’re chasing a goal (just like all games against League 1-opposition back in England).

Problem is, we don’t get space in the Premier League or the Champions League. We are not Everton, teams don’t leave their last defender at the midfield line against Man United, it seldom happens and we don’t play that type of football. That’s why he scored more for Everton, they face higher defensive lines because teams actually dare to attack them. That’s why Jamie Vardy knew he shouldn’t leave Leicester for Arsenal, he wouldn’t be close to what he’s hitting now in terms of goals.

Lukaku is great at what he does, but he is not great in tight spaces, and that’s why he will never be a great striker for Man United in my opinion. This is not the right time of course, but what else can one do when crazy superlatives are thrown around after a game against bloody Panama? Let’s wait until he plays England and the other teams that are filled with professional footballers. Glad for Lukaku though, if he does the same to England (as in a good team, not because I don’t like England, which I do) - I’ll shut up for the rest of the WC

Edit; oh, and I had huge faith in Rom today btw. 500 on scoring, 100 on two or more for any Belgian player (with him in mind first and foremost) :D

Last edited:

El Zoido

This guy does not get the credit he deserves. Been doing the business for every club he's ever played for as well as for his country, 210 career goals so far and still only 25. He's going to be 2nd or 3rd all time scorer in the PL at this rate if he stays in the league.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Providing him proper distribution should get Belgium and United far.

Panama or not, that header was savage.

cyberman

All credit to him. The just Panama posts are ignoring how much pressure there is at a World Cup, as we've seen already.
Its a massive achievement to score twice in a world cup game IMO. He's just a machine for Belgium.

SSSSnake

Don’t let the fact that he’s doing it at the highest level get in the way.

You tell any Belgium fans that game meant nothing.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
World cup goals meaningless...

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I'm not his biggest fan, but its clear he could be a 30+ goal a season striker for us given the right service

SSSSnake

Lads, it’s Panama - some perspective please. Two great goals and in perfect positions, but some of the comments above are over the top. The guy is great when he has space to run in, which you will get against Panama when they’re chasing a goal (just like all games against League 1-opposition back in England).

Problem is, we don’t get space in the Premier League or the Champions League. We are not Everton, teams don’t leave their last defender at the midfield line against Man United, it seldom happens and we don’t play that type of football. That’s why he scored more for Everton, they face higher defensive lines because teams actually dare to attack them. That’s why Jamie Vardy knew he shouldn’t leave Leicester for Arsenal, he wouldn’t be close to what he’s hitting now in terms of goals.

Lukaku is great at what he does, but he is not great in tight spaces, and that’s why he will never be a great striker for Man United in my opinion. This is not the right time of course, but what else can one do when crazy superlatives are thrown around after a game against bloody Panama? Let’s wait until he plays England and the other teams that are filled with professional footballers. Glad for Lukaku though, if he does the same to England (as in a good team, not because I don’t like England, which I do) - I’ll shut up for the rest of the WC

Edit; oh, and I had huge faith in Rom today btw. 500 on scoring, 100 on two or more for any Belgian player (with him in mind first and foremost) :D
Complete myth. He holds the ball up so many times in tight spaces and scores.

Inter Yer Nan

Complete myth. He holds the ball up so many times in tight spaces and scores.
I think the two main areas for him to improve is how he plays with his back to goal and his touch in tight spaces. He's seemingly hell bent on improving himself so I expect these areas to improve but they are the biggest holes in his game currently. If he just improves a little in those areas he'll be unplayable because he's got so much else going for him.

GM K

Full Quotes :

“I think about the boy who came to us at Everton on loan from Chelsea in 2013, he had a single-mindedness, an awareness of what he needed to improve.

“I had my ideas but he’d always have ideas about what he wanted to work on.

“He is obsessed with improvement. To be an elite player, I think you have to have that quality.

“But he still talks about working one-on-one. He’s still got that drug to improve today.”

“In recent months, I’ve seen huge progress in his game and I’ve had huge personal satisfaction.

“His assists have improved, as has his back-to-goal play, his timing in the air, his use of his body, his use of his arms – everything that we tried to work at together five years ago.”

His improvement since his transfer to United has been very impressive hopefully he continues working hard and improving
Reminds me of a certain Cristiano Ronaldo.

Laurentiu amt

You give him service and he ll score. Doesn t matter how, with what level of first touch or anything like that, he s the type of player that will work something out if he has decent support.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I haven't seen Hazard dribbling past Panams players like he does in PL.

Shark

@NotShark
Some people will say literally anything to take away credit from this man. Literally one of the only players at United last season that you’d say was worth his salt, yet he’ll never be a United striker according to some, because erm..

IrishRedDevil

He got 25 odd league goals in his last season.
He scored 25 in the Premier League in his last season at Everton, 16 for us last season. You have to compare like with like.
United played 51 games, scored 27 in all competitions
Everton played 39 games scored 26 in all competitions.

Scored 16 in the league this season
Scored 25 in the league last season
Thanks.

Worth nothing that he played 400 minutes (say 4.5 games) extra in the league with Everton, which needs to be considered if we are comparing like for like. He had 1 more assist for United too.

It was only his first season for United, so let’s hope he can really kick on next season.

Kearnkoff69

I really like him. It's worthwhile to view our play and players with a critical eye and I can't say that he's complete or that he's as good as he could be for us, but I believe he has the mentality to keep improving and make it there some day. Plus he seems a great bloke and loves playing for us.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Thanks.

Worth nothing that he played 400 minutes (say 4.5 games) extra in the league with Everton, which needs to be considered if we are comparing like for like. He had 1 more assist for United too.

It was only his first season for United, so let’s hope he can really kick on next season.
No problem. I think as others have said it's more a case of Everton and Belgium playing more to his strengths, or playing a system more generally suited to attacking players. He did well for us given the lack of service.

Andersons Dietician

Thanks.

Played 600+ minutes overall as well compared to last season. Hopefully this season coming he gets back to 20+ league goals.

I do think his last season for Everton his performance levels were better overall, however he has showed more leadership this season for me. Good player who hopefully we will start to play to his strengths a lot more so we can get the best out of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.