6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaddyP

Willing to bet that is a click bate sensational headline that has totally mis represented what hazard said. not given mail the click. Nothing to see here

Kearnkoff69

That article is so clickbaity. Yeah, Hazard does say "it's hard to play a man short." But it's one line in the middle of a long comment about how Lukaku impacted the game so much in the second half and how he felt like he needed to urge him to try to be more involved at half time. It's not the most diplomatic of statements, but it's also not calling out Rom or anything of the sort. Not much to see here.

Greck

Hazard is used to linking up with his striker more but has to know by now Lukaku is more of a poacher with his movement.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Hazard is a grade A cnut if he accused Lukaku of not pulling his weight in the 1st half. Hazard was playing like he thought he was Messi, except everything he did was shite and hurt the team.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
That article is so clickbaity. Yeah, Hazard does say "it's hard to play a man short." But it's one line in the middle of a long comment about how Lukaku impacted the game so much in the second half and how he felt like he needed to urge him to try to be more involved at half time. It's not the most diplomatic of statements, but it's also not calling out Rom or anything of the sort. Not much to see here.
Pretty much

Rajma

Hazard talking utter cak. Should look at his own selfish first half performance, which included trying to take on the whole defence constantly.
You’re being overly sensitive, headline is geared towards easy clicks. However, Hazard says what we all aware of - Lukaku doesn’t move nearly enough and can be very static against minnows without any space to operate in. Nothing wrong with what he said.

diarm

Hazard was so unbelievably selfish in that first half that I can't quite believe he's had the gall to even mention anyone else's performance.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
You’re being overly sensitive, headline is geared towards easy clicks. However, Hazard says what we all aware of - Lukaku doesn’t move nearly enough and can be very static against minnows without any space to operate in. Nothing wrong with what he said.
That may be your view, I see Lukaku constantly running the channels. Rom is consistently effective in the inside right channel where at club level he often interchanges with Lingard and gets brilliant (usually unused) crosses in.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
That may be your view, I see Lukaku constantly running the channels. Rom is consistently effective in the inside right channel where at club level he often interchanges with Lingard and gets brilliant (usually unused) crosses in.
You're replying to somebody who is convinced Lukaku plays like Benteke. I wouldn't waste your time with him mate.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
You dont usually say things like that about your teammate, though he isnt wrong. Lukaku had 6 touches of the ball in the first half which was pitiful. You cant blame your teammates when you're that invisible. You can blame them for certain things, but that first half is a common criticism of lukaku. Didnt get involved into the game. 2nd half was hugely improved and he ended with around 30 touches i think, basically 4 times as many in his 2nd half then his first. That's all on him.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Yep, he could learn a thing or two from Benteke's movement.

ti vu

You dont usually say things like that about your teammate, though he isnt wrong. Lukaku had 6 touches of the ball in the first half which was pitiful. You cant blame your teammates when you're that invisible. You can blame them for certain things, but that first half is a common criticism of lukaku. Didnt get involved into the game. 2nd half was hugely improved and he ended with around 30 touches i think, basically 4 times as many in his 2nd half then his first. That's all on him.
We have that talk during the game. Hazard overdribbled, overplayed many times. Touches ain't end all measurement for involvement. Many movement, run from Lukaku was ignored. When we're talking about hiding we're talking about not doing anything right, even if you have plenty of touch. For example Tom Cleverley received ball plenty just to pass back where it comes from and put his teammates in funny situation.

Forward especially those who supposed to be the main goal scorer ain't supposed to involved a lot in build up. Who would be fighting for the box in central coming from the wing after all the build up? Even commentator who most of the times talking shite were able to spot how Hazard was overplaying his role and made it more complicated than it should have been. Sure Lukaku could have helped a bit, but it's Hazard who would have a lot to help himself more.

Last edited:

red4ever 79

Lukaku is a big lad, powerful lad. I wouldn't have a problem with him absolutely hammering that tw*t in training and making sure he doesn't play for the rest of the tournament

Web of Bissaka

That's weird.

First half, a lot of Lukaku's run and movements are being ignored by Hazard and Mertens(? what's the spelling?). Both of them are playing on their own dribbling and shooting for glory, Hazard played solo rush for far too much. KDB wasn't that effective. Only Meunier the only one that always look for Lukaku.

Second half, the difference is they all started to look for Lukaku and meet his movements. Also 'em all playing more calmer and more composure.

Cliche Guevara

I absolutely disagree. It was a very direct and public criticism of Lukaku after a game where he scored two goals and his team won. I don’t see the need for it at all. I’m not sure it’s even Hazard’s place.

You see the state of this place when Mourinho suggests certain United players aren’t offering enough, which he’s entitled to do as the manager.

If that was my teammate I’d be telling him to shut his mouth.

Shimo

Absolutely stupid thing for Hazard to say publicly during the world cup. Even if he didn't mean anything malicious by it, putting it out there in the media is just calling for it trouble. Personally I think his comment is a bit self serving to take the focus of what was a selfish first half by him. Either way, Rom showed his worth.

Jonno

I guess some people have never played football at any level if they're sensitive enough to even care what Hazard has said, because comments like this get said every game, and in every training session.

These are incredibly competitive sportsmen. Expreienced international players here. Hazard will be firing his team-mate up. Good on him.

You think they're all singing and dancing around a camp-fire jerking each other off with compliments?

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I think they are very competitive and these 2 guys might not get a long with each other. I wouldn't put it past Hazard to publicly deflect his own bad performance while at the same time take credit for helping Lukaku winning them the game, by portraying himself as the leader at half time, inspiring him. I certainly think Lukaku is the type to tell his teammates to find him himself, at halftime after failing to get involved.

Canagel

This. These comments get said all the time between players. It might even be motivational to make Lukaku even more fired up. However it does echo what I said at half time along with a few others that Lukaku was not pulling his weight in the first half and was very very static. Even the goalkeepers had more touches I think which shouldn't happen.

LoneStar

That's weird.

First half, a lot of Lukaku's run and movements are being ignored by Hazard and Mertens(? what's the spelling?). Both of them are playing on their own dribbling and shooting for glory, Hazard played solo rush for far too much. KDB wasn't that effective. Only Meunier the only one that always look for Lukaku.

Second half, the difference is they all started to look for Lukaku and meet his movements. Also 'em all playing more calmer and more composure.
This. I saw Lukaku signalling Hazard to cross the ball so many times, but Hazard just ignored him and tried to dribble past 2-3 players, and inevitably failed.

Tony247

Nothing wrong what Hazard said. Lukaku was not involved until they scored one and game opened up. With that performance as Man Utd fan I too was getting worried.

Klose was also a poacher but he used to get involved in build up. Lukaku had about 3 touches in first 30 mins. All the time he was simply standing there with last line waiting for some through ball.

Lukaku must work harder otherwise we can't rely solely on him next year for sure.

LoneStar

I guess some people have never played football at any level if they're sensitive enough to even care what Hazard has said, because comments like this get said every game, and in every training session.

These are incredibly competitive sportsmen. Expreienced international players here. Hazard will be firing his team-mate up. Good on him.

You think they're all singing and dancing around a camp-fire jerking each other off with compliments?
Saying it to his face, or during training is one thing. criticising your teammate when the World Cup is going on is an entirely different thing.

Tony247

This. I saw Lukaku signalling Hazard to cross the ball so many times, but Hazard just ignored him and tried to dribble past 2-3 players, and inevitably failed.
Even as a CF you got to get involved in build up. You simply cannot stand isolated waiting for magic cross and pass when opposition is playing with tight defense.

Smores

There wouldn't even be a story if he'd been heard bollocking him during the game though as that's normal.
It's only the fact that he decided to make a dig in the post-match, when's the last time you've seen that in a post-match?

It seems likely they don't get along and he was feeling overshadowed.

Norris

Jose does the exact same thing when we have a bad result. Some caf members think it's justified while others berate him. So a lot of personal opinion comes into this. Truth is only Hazard knows what the true intention was.

Personally,I feel that if Hazard wants to criticize Lukaku, he can do it privately. Repeated offenses can definitely be criticized in public. Didn't see enough of the first half to really comment if Lukaku was very immobile or not.

Cliche Guevara

There wouldn't even be a story if he'd been heard bollocking him during the game though as that's normal.
It's only the fact that he decided to make a dig in the post-match, when's the last time you've seen that in a post-match?

It seems likely they don't get along and he was feeling overshadowed.
I genuinely can’t remember seeing something like that before. From what I gather Lukaku is emerging as a bit of a leader with Belgium and has been trying to inspire his teammates. Strikes me Hazard is feeling put out.

By all means players can say what they want to each other, but publicly accusing him of hiding in a game where he went on to score two goals? Get to feck.

RedPamie

I genuinely can’t remember seeing something like that before. From what I gather Lukaku is emerging as a bit of a leader with Belgium and has been trying to inspire his teammates. Strikes me Hazard is feeling put out.

By all means players can say what they want to each other, but publicly accusing him of hiding in a game where he went on to score two goals? Get to feck.
This.

You do not single out your teammate in public, ever! Especially it's only first match and it's about the first half, in a match they won in the end. Nope. You as a captain however can criticize the whole team, maybe like not taking chances in first half, not doing enough to get the goal etc.

Hazard might be the main man and star player, but he's still one of the players in a team sports. It's early maybe to say this but I think he's not captain material. Not in Chelsea, not with Belgium.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots

...look at all the praise and respect he’s gotten this past year or so at United and now at the WC.

Fair to say he’s a definitive leader in locker rooms and a team player.

haram

The audacity of Hazard. Hazard spent the first half taking too many touches trying to dribble through every Panama player. Acting like he was too good to pitch it up to the far post where Lukaku was positioning himself.

I like Hazard as a player but it was a greedy, terrible first half from him.

Kag

Lukaku is a goal a game striker in the right team. It's painful how little service he gets here. He's such a good striker.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Great start to the WC, not just in terms of goals but his overall play too. Looks very determined

Status
Not open for further replies.