Romelu Lukaku | United confirm deal subject to medical and personal terms

How do you feel about the imminent signing of Romelu Lukaku?

• Muppetastic!

Votes: 456 20.6%
  • Happy enough

Votes: 1,222 55.2%
  • Ambivalent

Votes: 370 16.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 112 5.1%
  • Oh please god no!

Votes: 54 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
He is going to cost an absurd amount of money, Chelsea bid in region of 60-70 million mark last summer and those bids were pushed back. His price has gone up since as he is scoring at a better rate. If we are going to spend ludicrous sum on a center forward I hope we try for better ones. If people think Rooney's touch is inconsistent and bad, they're going to lose their shit when they see Lukaku play week in week out.

With Pogba going for silly money and him not being as good as Lukaku then you can see why we would want around 70 to 90 million.
What do you mean by Pogba being not as good as Lukaku? Do you seriously believe Lukaku would rank higher in the table of all strikers in the world than Pogba in a similar table for mids respectively?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Prefer Icardi to him or Kane. He can go back to Chelsea all he likes.

WackyWengerWorld

Supports
Arsenal
I could be wrong but I think he'll be another Benteke/Bony. Poor first touch, average technique, poor close control and not great link up play. Plenty of pace, power, height and workrate but is that good enough to cut? It'll be interesting when he does get a big move.

soad

If Ibra doesn't sign an extension, we'll absolutely need to sign 2 new strikers. In my opinion Lukaku is a great choice but maybe he'll cost us much higher than his real value. Prefer Mbappe and Grizzi all the time, Kane as well.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If Ibra doesn't sign an extension, we'll absolutely need to sign 2 new strikers. In my opinion Lukaku is a great choice but maybe he'll cost us much higher than his real value. Prefer Mbappe and Grizzi all the time, Kane as well.
Why would we need two? How would we play both?

DatGuyRich

Would rather get Lukaku than have Ibrahimovic for another season (or two:houllier:)

Zlatan is the better player currently but we absolutely cannot afford to miss out on signing a genuine top class striker who's not only young but has scored goals for fun in this league.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
He is going to cost an absurd amount of money, Chelsea bid in region of 60-70 million mark last summer and those bids were pushed back. His price has gone up since as he is scoring at a better rate. If we are going to spend ludicrous sum on a center forward I hope we try for better ones. If people think Rooney's touch is inconsistent and bad, they're going to lose their shit when they see Lukaku play week in week out.

What do you mean by Pogba being not as good as Lukaku? Do you seriously believe Lukaku would rank higher in the table of all strikers in the world than Pogba in a similar table for mids respectively?
Not really about that though is it?

Lukaku impacts games on another level to Pogba currently.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.

Fine. Chelsea or PSG will be happy to have him then. They are hopefully the ones who'll pay you for him.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Would rather get Lukaku than have Ibrahimovic for another season (or two:houllier:)

Zlatan is the better player currently but we absolutely cannot afford to miss out on signing a genuine top class striker who's not only young but has scored goals for fun in this league.
If Mino thinks his client can make more money in the MLS (salary + marketing), he'll push Zlatan there. Zlatan, as good as he's been this season is 35 and still has value especially in a lesser league with deep pockets.

For Lukaku, he'll want a raise in wages while competing for cups at a bigger club. United fits that bill nicely; whether it comes off this coming window or the following summer, I think it's a big possibility.

Bojan11

People moaning about flat track bullies:lol:

Have you been sleeping this season? I'd have loved to have one against Stoke, Burnley, Bournemouth, Hull and the other shite we dropped points to at home.

BonkersIam

Supports
Vitesse, KSV, Rangers,
He is going to cost an absurd amount of money, Chelsea bid in region of 60-70 million mark last summer and those bids were pushed back. His price has gone up since as he is scoring at a better rate. If we are going to spend ludicrous sum on a center forward I hope we try for better ones. If people think Rooney's touch is inconsistent and bad, they're going to lose their shit when they see Lukaku play week in week
Allegedly, not one single bid from any club came in for him

redspoony

I like Lukaku, but I'm not sure about him in big games.

He missed several sitters against Wales in the Euros. May have been an off day though.

Jazz

I despise this guy's attitude.

Give me Harry Kane any day of the week, even with a fecked up ankle!
Me too. I hope we really don't waste money going for him. We need a very professional lethal player. We are an inconsistent team and don't need anymore inconsistent players, especially with a shit attitude.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What's wrong with his attitude? Wanting to play consistent football for leaving Chelsea to Everton, and wanting to play at the highest level from Everton to a CL team?

TrueRed79

Do not want. He has improved over the years but he is not a top-end striker, and not what we need. If he was available for half of what he will be sold for i'd take him, as a backup.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
People moaning about flat track bullies:lol:

Have you been sleeping this season? I'd have loved to have one against Stoke, Burnley, Bournemouth, Hull and the other shite we dropped points to at home.
It's okay to say Arsenal and Liverpool mate.

Walters_19_MuFc

Whoever fits the bill. United's scouts can surely find someone. Just not this guy. Mark my words, he'd drive us crazy and not in a good way.
We could try and find someone in another league, but there's no guaranteeing it will work out.

Lukaku is Premier League proven. He's a goal machine, and can only imagine he'd improve at United.

Jazz

Engurlish players = fantastic attitudes
Foreign players = fecking lazy

:houllier:
Come on. Where did anyone say this. We're talking about Lukaku and nothing else.
FWIW United can surely do better without spending the crazy money he would cost. We're probably not going to be playing in the Champs League next season, so we're on course to lose money, we just can't afford to keep paying crazy prices, especially for someone who is not considered a top striker. Yes he can do a job, but that's not enough at this moment.

Jazz

We could try and find someone in another league, but there's no guaranteeing it will work out.

Lukaku is Premier League proven. He's a goal machine, and can only imagine he'd improve at United.
I don't think he'd improve at United imho. He doesn't strike me as hard working ( I could be wrong obviously) - just never got that impression. I also wonder about how he'd cope being under constant pressure at United. We've got Pogba to deal with already, we need proven and tough going forward, and I don't see that from Lukaku. Again, that's just the impression he's given me from watching him at Everton.

IrishRedDevil

Jose does like a big, physical striker. Crazy to think that he's only 23 also.

If we really want to add goals to the team and spend big this would work well

................Lukaku
Martial .. Griezmann .. Mkhitaryan

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Come on. Where did anyone say this. We're talking about Lukaku and nothing else.
FWIW United can surely do better without spending the crazy money he would cost. We're probably not going to be playing in the Champs League next season, so we're on course to lose money, we just can't afford to keep paying crazy prices, especially for someone who is not considered a top striker. Yes he can do a job, but that's not enough at this moment.
Your opinion mate. Not according to the clubs willing to sign him up for their teams.

Jazz

Your opinion mate. Not according to the clubs willing to sign him up for their teams.
Yes I know it's my opinion, and good luck to those clubs. Hope very much it's not us.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!

How do you quantify a midfielders impact on a game? Isn't it subjective? If it's just goals and assists, then by that metric every forward influences game a lot more than any other player. Would you say Jermain Defoe is impacting game on another level too? I would love to know your reasoning behind it.

I know Pogba has been under-whelming this season but some of the posts and comparison on this board are ludicrous, make him sound like he's just your another average midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.