Romelu Lukaku | United confirm deal subject to medical and personal terms

How do you feel about the imminent signing of Romelu Lukaku?

• Muppetastic!

Votes: 456 20.6%
  • Happy enough

Votes: 1,222 55.2%
  • Ambivalent

Votes: 370 16.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 112 5.1%
  • Oh please god no!

Votes: 54 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peanut Butter

Lukaku is a damn fine player. If you read my post history, you will see that I had a feeling all spring/summer that he was first choice for Jose. It just seemed right.

Jamie Jackson and Neil Custis were bang on the money with this - hopefully they aren't banned from tweets thread?

Happy Rom Weekend everyone!

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I am not really keen on Lukaku, but I like the way we have bamboozled Chelsea on this one. It's been fun. Especially seeing Cheslea fans trying to save face.
It will however not be so fun if he turns out be a lazy donkey as I fear.
He can be a lazy donkey all he likes if he keeps pinging in 20+ a season.

Satissh12

@Matt_Law_DT: Chelsea offered slightly more than United's £75m down payment for Rom but wouldn't match Raiola fees and had no Rooney to send the other way

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Now has to elevate his game. Always surprised me how poor he was against Daley Blind.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Wasn't it already agreed subject to personal terms and medical, if BBC (etc) reports were to be believed? Reported that fee was agreed a couple of days ago.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
GREAT NEWS.....went to bed last night thinking he might decide to choose Chelsea as it was his boyhood team but glad to hear he will be joining us!

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
GREAT NEWS.....went to bed last night thinking he might decide to choose Chelsea as it was his boyhood team but glad to hear he will be joining us!
Knew he wasnt going Chelsea when they decided to throw shade at Raiola.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Make no mistake, this is a big blow to Chelsea, they were overconfident that this deal was done and that's why Conte took that extraordinary step of messaging Costa that he is not needed next season. All that briefing was just face saving PR from them.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
@Matt_Law_DT: Chelsea offered slightly more than United's £75m down payment for Rom but wouldn't match Raiola fees and had no Rooney to send the other way
Not like Everton would care about the Raiola fee part, and Rooney would be leaving United anyway. He's just a bit butthurt that Chelsea left it until last possible moment to bid methinks.

OohAahMartial

Welcome to Manchester United! :devil::devil::devil:

Look forward to him winning the Golden Boot next season and for years to come. Sure that SAF would have signed him too. Will be great to have a clinical finisher up front after last season. And what a young side Jose is building.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Although I have never been that much of a fan of him this transfer makes a lot of sense.
Each one of our attackers (including Ibra quite often) has been wasteful with chances. We need someone putting those away-especially against the smaller clubs.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Taken from IG's comments section:

In English: Lukaku: "see you tomorrow at the training"...Pogba: "what did you say?" Lukaku: "I said I'll see u tomorrow at the training session"

:drool:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Ha ha Chelski! Feck 'em. At least it's done now so on to the next ones.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Knew he wasnt going Chelsea when they decided to throw shade at Raiola.
Aye, it was the fact they made a bid and it was reported they were frantically trying to call Rom to make him change his mind.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don't understand a word what both of them are saying. Anyone translate?
"hey Pog, I've just met 5 girls that want to come over and party tonight, let's get fcuked up?"

Woodzy

No wonder the Pogba transfer fee was so high - he's also our Director of Football.

Status
Not open for further replies.