Romelu Lukaku | United confirm deal subject to medical and personal terms

How do you feel about the imminent signing of Romelu Lukaku?

• Muppetastic!

Votes: 456 20.6%
  • Happy enough

Votes: 1,222 55.2%
  • Ambivalent

Votes: 370 16.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 112 5.1%
  • Oh please god no!

Votes: 54 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I will quote what somebody else wrote in another thread.
My thoughts exactly:

Apart from his obvious ability on the pitch, the lad is hungry and ambitious. He has attitude. He will be desperate to shine at United.

AndyJ1985

Every penny we spent on Pogba was a penny well spent. Going to be great seeing a couple of beasts like him and Lukaku terrorising opponents.

Satissh12

Off topic but look at this

@UllalIBT: Ivan Perisic likes Pual Pogba's Instagram post about Romelu Lukaku. Can Agent Paul help #MUFC complete Perisic's signing?

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Wow, his running and power especially with the ball at his feet is simply immense.
Yeah that vid highlights how much of a counter attacking option he was for Everton last season. Did well when the ball was played over the top and as a hook to hold it up and lay off for runners.

GM K

No wonder the Pogba transfer fee was so high - he's also our Director of Football.
Hahahaha!

You are so right. Thumbs up to him for a job well done.

We shouldn't miss Rooney's role here too. His leaving has done two incredible things for the club: creating a space for a more effective attacker and giving us one of the league's best strikers.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
You must have watched different games to me as there were tons of shitty home draws we struggled to create chances. Outside of the Burnley and Stoke home games most of those home draws were deserved.
There definitely were some draws where we weren't even creating chances, but they were significantly outnumbered by the draws where we completely dominated and created plenty of chances and just couldn't finish them off.

Ekeke

While its true our finishing and goal threat was poor last season, its important to realize that Zlatan was a big reason why we were able to create chances. What he lacked in finishing he made up for in linkup play and now it'll be the other way around with Lukaku. If we make chances he'll take them, but we need to find some creativity to make up from what we lost from Zlatan...

Trizy

:lol: I'm happy we got him but I gotta laugh at the few naysayers who were against the move but once Chelsea involved he became the answer!
Ya it's bullshit isn't it? I didn't hear one bad thing about Lukaku to Chelsea for 100m all summer but once we got involved for 25m less the trolls and doubters came out in force!

sunama

Baghdad Bob
You must have watched different games to me as there were tons of shitty home draws we struggled to create chances. Outside of the Burnley and Stoke home games most of those home draws were deserved.
While Ibra was playing, we created heaps of chances, against most of the minnows.
I do agree that once he got injured, our attack went to pot, but even after Ibra got injured, we still created some chances - not many, but enough to win games.
By this stage though, our full focus was the Europa League and we stopped scoring points in the league.

The problem was that the only player who could score goals was Ibra. The rest of our attackers were goal shy and on a level more akin to a club battling relegation.
I made a post earlier this week, where I showed that our top attacker (excluding Ibra) was ranked 74 in the goal scoring charts!

I still believe that if Jose wants to compete for the league, he will need at least 1 other attacker, because our current attackers cannot be trusted to score goals.
If we rely on the likes of Martial, Mata, Miki, Lingard, etc, then Jose will be falling into the same trap that LVG fell into, when he relied completely on Rooney, in his last season and Martial (partially), bailed him out (we won the FA Cup, but failed in other all other competitions, resulting in LVG being sacked).

Lukaku is a good step forward (a direct replacement for Ibra), but we need another attacker in his prime, who knows how and wants to score goals. I actually think that Hernandez (on the cheap), would be a great buy. A fox in the box who doesn't create much, but has a desire to actually score goals.

...and lets not forget gents, while some of you may get excited by watching a dribble, the aim of the game is to score goals.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
If we created the same amount of chances as last season, Lukaku should do better than Zlatan. We did struggle for balance, but we don't struggle for chances.
How many goals do you think we will need to top Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool, Man City and Arsenal because that is who we have to overtake? We need a lot more goals because those teams will improve as well. He has dealt with teams who let Everton play so it will be interesting to see how he copes with packed defences. Nobody cared about Everton. Everyone wants to stop United.

Litch

What I did realise about him was the quality of his finishes. I know he scores goals but sometimes with some forwards you get a sense that they just kick and hope. He's not a complete forward but DDG isn't the complete goal keeper either. What he is is a proven Prem goal scorer and there is no lottery about can he do it in this league, the country, the climate, the league and not being in London. Also helps that his best friend plays here too......absolute result.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I don't understand a word what both of them are saying. Anyone translate?
It's in code.

Lukaku: What's up?
Pogba: I'm good
Lukaku: Training Tomorrow.
Pogba: What?
Lukaku: Training Tomorrow.
Pogba: What did you say?
Lukaku: Training... Tomorrow.

Pogba starts dancing.

GM K

Welcome Romelu. Am I extremely excited? No. He will get us goals, but he cannot do it on his own. If the others perform like last season then we are no better off. If we were signing an Alexis Sanchez then I would be excited because it would mean great football. I would prefer us getting another 2nd striker in as well. We will have to wait and see what happens. If he is it up front then it isn't enough. Sorry.
This is spot on. But I will be surprised if our boys don't step up their games next season. For many of them, it is a case of 'class is permanent while form is temporary'. I see Mikhi, Mata, Rashford, Pogba and Martial stepping up.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
How many goals do you think we will need to top Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool, Man City and Arsenal because that is who we have to overtake? We need a lot more goals because those teams will improve as well. He has dealt with teams who let Everton play so it will be interesting to see how he copes with packed defences. Nobody cared about Everton. Everyone wants to stop United.
It's not about the number of goals alone though, a 1 goal in a 1-0 win still earns 3 pts.

Mathematically speaking 6 goals on each of our draw last season we'd become champion

Hamadovich86

Get in! Really excited with signing Lukaku he'll fill in the void left by Zlatan in terms of scoring goals. Now we need someone to score some goals from the wing ...

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

RedStarUnited

His social media is about to blow up.

Pogba was on about 4m followers when the runours started last summer. He has 16.2 now! Gaining a million followers every month from last year.

Lukaku has 487k, it will be a million before season starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.