Romelu Lukaku | United confirm deal subject to medical and personal terms

How do you feel about the imminent signing of Romelu Lukaku?

• Muppetastic!

Votes: 456 20.6%
  • Happy enough

Votes: 1,222 55.2%
  • Ambivalent

Votes: 370 16.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 112 5.1%
  • Oh please god no!

Votes: 54 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMike

Lol at the Utd fans who wouldn't want Lukaku.
To be fair, that is usually followed by a strong preference for another player, rather than a complete dislike for Lukaku. Which is kinda normal in football, you like some more than you like others.

Personally I like my striker players a bit more technical, like Sanchez and Griezmann. I do acknowledge Lukaku is a machine, I just simply have different preferences like some others.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
City have really fecked this up for us, if Everton are selling clowns like Stones for £50M can't imagine how much Lukaku would go for.
Oh yes big bad City, setting the precedent on us overpaying. Everton would have been blind to the overpaying suckers we are, had it not been for the Stones transfer.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
To be fair, that is usually followed by a strong preference for another player, rather than a complete dislike for Lukaku. Which is kinda normal in football, you like some more than you like others.

Personally I like my striker players a bit more technical, like Sanchez and Griezmann. I do acknowledge Lukaku is a machine, I just simply have different preferences like some others.
Lukaku guarantees you close to 20 league goals per season in the premiership - tell me what other strikers out there can guarantee that right now who are available? There aint any. Yes Griezmann MIGHT do it but we wouldnt know for sure until he plays in the premiership how he would get on (also if he would play as an out and out striker at Utd). Lukaku would instantly make you genuine title challengers.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Lukaku guarantees you close to 20 league goals per season in the premiership - tell me what other strikers out there can guarantee that right now who are available? There aint any. Yes Griezmann MIGHT do it but we wouldnt know for sure until he plays in the premiership how he would get on (also if he would play as an out and out striker at Utd). Lukaku would instantly make you genuine title challengers.
How can Lukaku guarantee 20 league goals? He never played for ManUtd and ManUtd don't play the same style as Everton.

I like Lukaku and would love to have him at ManUtd but your posts are very tiresome. Each one have their own view about players and the style of players they want at their club, you don't have to make decision for everyone.

arthurka

Oh yes big bad City, setting the precedent on us overpaying. Everton would have been blind to the overpaying suckers we are, had it not been for the Stones transfer.
His contract situation is totally different than Stones. Riola and Lukaku will do what they want with this. Jose needs to be on the blower.. Signing him and Griezmann puts us closer to the top..

finndt

We will sign him for 60m + Rooney. That'll be great business for us and pretty good for them as well (apart from the Rooney burden). He would score 40 goals on his debut season for us. I have a strong feeling that Zlatan wont be here next season.

Lukaku scores 40 and Rooney 10. Zlatan scores 20 for some MLS club before announcing his retirement. I wrote that just so I can say "I told you so" to all of you who'll say none of this will happen.

prtk0811

How many chances do you think are there if we tried 50 m Plus Rooney to everton and 60m plus mata to atletico?

prtk0811

Lukaku has never played at ucl level and Griezman has never played in EPL. But as Mkh has now FItted well, so can Griezman.

El-Manos

In all honesty, not many strikers are premier league proven quality players at that age. He sure has his dips in form but my God when he does hit form he is unstoppable. He will only improve as well, I am all pro this potential transfer.

prtk0811

His contract situation is totally different than Stones. Riola and Lukaku will do what they want with this. Jose needs to be on the blower.. Signing him and Griezmann puts us closer to the top..
50m plus rooney and 60 m plus mata what do you think ? Will Those clubs want to sign those players ?

MadMike

No he doesn't. That's wishful thinking. Many players have failed to make the step up from doing very well for mid-table teams to doing it in the CL or in a title challenge. He's very likely to get you 20 goals but so are Sanchez/Griezmann and they have proven European pedigree as well.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
The only issue with him is his lack of hold up play. Otherwise he's pretty much the perfect striker.

bubbles_

Are Arsenal not interested? Maybe their managerial uncertainty may rule them out. They definitely need a striker and he has all of Girouds physical attributes with much more. On a side point, really wonder what Welbecks thinking right now. He would've played so much more under LVG than he could've imagined and now he's a bit stuck.

MadMike

How many chances do you think are there if we tried 50 m Plus Rooney to everton and 60m plus mata to atletico?
0. But we only need 1 striker anyway, not 2. We have Rashford and Martial as well.

Atleti won't sell Griezmann. Especially since they are transfer banned for the summer which means they won't be able to spend money to bring replacements in. The only way to get him would be to pay the €100m release clause and him agreeing to leave the club.

I personally don't believe Rooney will go to Everton either, because he has a huge £250k pw contract till 2019 and he'll have to accept a massive pay cut. China? Maybe. Everton, not until 2019.

prtk0811

You know what United could have signed Lukaku and Griezman for 60 M combined in 2013 Mr Moyes Paid 63 m For fellani and mata

RedRover

No he doesn't. That's wishful thinking. Many players have failed to make the step up from doing very well for mid-table teams to doing it in the CL or in a title challenge. He's very likely to get you 20 goals but so are Sanchez/Griezmann and they have proven European pedigree as well.
Whilst that's broadly true, there aren't many players who've scored as many goals as he has in one of Europe's best leagues at such a young age. There are always players who hit a short purple patch for a mid-table side and get a move only to fail to be able to make the step up. He's different in my opinion having done it for a number of seasons on the bounce. If you watch him he's got all the attributes a top striker needs so I think it's fair to assume he'd get goals in a better side.

I personally think he lacks a bit of consistency and was often either brilliant or anonymous - albeit he's been more consistent this season. I think he's due a move to a big side.

RedRover

I can't see how any United fan seriously thinks Griezmann would be a striker in a Mourinho side. I suspect we are interested on Griezmann, but not to lead the line - unless Jose intends to completely charge the system that (albeit slightly tweaked here an there) has served him well most of his career.

prtk0811

0. But we only need 1 striker anyway, not 2. We have Rashford and Martial as well.

Atleti won't sell Griezmann. Especially since they are transfer banned for the summer which means they won't be able to spend money to bring replacements in. The only way to get him would be to pay the €100m release clause and him agreeing to leave the club.

I personally don't believe Rooney will go to Everton either, because he has a huge £250k pw contract till 2019 and he'll have to accept a massive pay cut. China? Maybe. Everton, not until 2019.
Yeah I now we need 1 striker only But Zlatan is 35 and we have seen the impact of a 6 foot 5 player on defenders this season and lukaku is faster too. Mourinho has a Facination for Physical strikers From Drogba to Zlatan so i was thinking of it. Besides in a 433 both would fit.

prtk0811

I can't see how any United fan seriously thinks Griezmann would be a striker in a Mourinho side. I suspect we are interested on Griezmann, but not to lead the line - unless Jose intends to completely charge the system that (albeit slightly tweaked here an there) has served him well most of his career.
But our main Problem in the squad has been pace and directness and lack of attacking balance this season in the build up to the goal,The Counter attacking Dynamics has been missing so our offense defense transition is slow. But Mourinho do have a Facination for physical strikers, It gets us totally confused. Lukaku can Replace Zlatan and Griezman can replace Rooney. So totally confused in that sense.

But Lukaku suits in a sole forward role means Pogba has to play in a 2 man midfield while Griezman can play in a 2 or 3 man attack.

RedRover

But our main Problem in the squad has been pace and directness and lack of attacking balance this season in the build up to the goal,The Counter attacking Dynamics has been missing so our offense defense transition is slow. But Mourinho do have a Facination for physical strikers, It gets us totally confused. Lukaku can Replace Zlatan and Griezman can replace Rooney. So totally confused in that sense.

But Lukaku suits in a sole forward role means Pogba has to play in a 2 man midfield while Griezman can play in a 2 or 3 man attack.
My point was that Mourinho likes a big, physical line-leading forward and a player like Lukaku (as you say) fits that mould. Griezmann may also be an option but not as a forward so it's not a case of either/or.

prtk0811

My point was that Mourinho likes a big, physical line-leading forward and a player like Lukaku (as you say) fits that mould. Griezmann may also be an option but not as a forward so it's not a case of either/or.
Griezman can too play as a forward Like RVP in 2013 in a diamond.

Martial ---Griezman

----------Mkh----------

----Pogba----Herrera

-------Fabinho-------

This can get the best out of 4 players Including super talented and super skilled martial.

MadMike

Yeah I now we need 1 striker only But Zlatan is 35 and we have seen the impact of a 6 foot 5 player on defenders this season and lukaku is faster too. Mourinho has a Facination for Physical strikers From Drogba to Zlatan so i was thinking of it. Besides in a 433 both would fit.

I personally don't believe we need a physical striker, but Mourinho might think otherwise. We saw yesterday the amount of chances you can create with a fast intelligent striker. That's the kinda thing that Ibra cannot do, those fast runs to get behind defences. In fact it's a quid-pro-quo, we trade the speed of attacks and counter-attacks (which are always very slow with him) for his great hold-up play and aerial threat in the box.

Mourinho has played without physical strikers in the past, namely at Porto, though that's it's been long while ago. Would he try that again? I don't know, it does seem a bit unlikely atm. I would personally prefer to have a very pacey front line of Martial-Rashford-Griezmann and for the rare case when a defence sits very very deep and we can't find space.... well, maybe use Fellaini? He's actually better in the air than Ibra anyway. But I'm not the manager of MU am I? :D

NK86

We heard the same thing about Zlatan and he is pretty much ripping it up here. Griezmann is a top notch European pedigree striker in his prime. Very few, if any, players of his ilk fail spectacularly when they make a move.

PL isn't as great as some of you make it out to be.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
No jynx intended, but does he ever do it against the big teams? I don't watch him regularly, but have a feeling he is a bit of a flat-track bully. No?
You realise that it's the flat track bully who guarantees you points against the 'weaker' sides and is incredibly valuable? Not saying he even is one but even if he was it's not that much of a negative when most of the teams you play each season are outside the top 6.

AgentP

This thread is going to blow up one way or the other after Everton's next two games (away to Liverpool and United). Lukaku seems to be in the best form of his life and Everton have also been playing as well as they ever have. The biggest criticism raised against him is that he can't perform against the top teams. This is a good opportunity for him to prove his critics wrong. I actually expect him to do quite well.

prtk0811

You realise that it's the flat track bully who guarantees you points against the 'weaker' sides and is incredibly valuable? Not saying he even is one but even if he was it's not that much of a negative when most of the teams you play each season are outside the top 6.
And Champions league Quality? Can he score in pressure situations imagine against bayern munich or madrid? He did Bottle a chance against us in the fa cup semis

Reynoldo

Griezman can too play as a forward Like RVP in 2013 in a diamond.

Martial ---Griezman

----------Mkh----------

----Pogba----Herrera

-------Fabinho-------

This can get the best out of 4 players Including super talented and super skilled martial.
me likey

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
And Champions league Quality? Can he score in pressure situations imagine against bayern munich or madrid? He did Bottle a chance against us in the fa cup semis
So he bottles one chance against the mighty Man Utd in an FA cup semi and now he is destined to be a flop at the 'higher level'. Sounds like the same nonsense you lot throw at Kane for being the only top 6 club he has failed to score against = he can't do it against top clubs. I suspect he would bang in a ton of goals at all levels of the game. 19 goals in 54 internationals would suggest he would at the very least be decent at the very highest level.

Status
Not open for further replies.