Ryan Giggs | United confirm he's left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacko21

Personally I'm sad to see him go, but clearly he feels the need to move on and I respect that. Hopefully in the coming years he'll prove his worth and rebuild his reputation amongst the United fans who have seemingly forgotten his 24 years of service as a player and now associate him with the failed regimes of Moyes and Van Gaal - despite not knowing the extent to which Giggs was able to impart his ideas and experience.

Best of luck Giggs. Go and prove the naysayers wrong and make those who have derided you question their own judgement.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
The story of Ryan Giggs at United isn't over. I look forward to eagerly watching his nascent managerial career unfold.

stu_1992

Good luck Giggsy. Say day to not see him associated with Man United anymore. I absolutely believe it's the right decision if he has aspirations for the United job in the future. What a career though.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The right decision in the interest of all parties involved. Hope he turns out to be a cracking manager.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Thanks for the memories Giggsy and hope to see you back at United one day

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm not sad as its a positive move. He needs to get out there and prove himself, get out of the United shadow.

He will be back and hopefully after being successful. Good luck giggsy.

JB7

As prepared as I was for this as we all knew it was happening, it doesn't make it any easier to read the statements. I'm gutted to see him leave even though I completely understand the reasonings from both sides and agree that it's the right time. He's just someone - like Fergie or Sir Bobby (I know he went away and came back before anyone says) - that you just thought would always be there.

All the best Ryan, hope to see you back at the club in the future. You lived all of our dreams.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I hope he does the right thing and start to build his name/experience in the lower leagues rather than being recycled through prem/championship clubs every 12 months.

Good luck Giggsy.....and behave yourself! :D

spwd

Thank feck for that!!

Absolute legend, very sad to see you go but the best for all parties,good luck!

Green_Red

Stand up and applaud one of the best players we are ever likely to see in a Manchester United shirt. For all his personal issues, on the football pitch and in a United shirt he was untouchable...

MounchesterUtd

Giving #11 to Zlatan could be the ultimate tribute to him. Januzaj did not do the shirt justice at all.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
It's unbelievable how long he could keep himself fit physically and mentally to play in such a tough league. Since 17!
No one will ever match that and no one will ever win 13 league titles, let alone PL titles.

cully84

What a player he was,lets hope his managerial carrier is half as good and he eventually ends up back home.

Legend.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Good luck to him, hope he proves himself as a great manager which can only lead to him coming back.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Sad to see him go but that's the right decision. Player I always looked up to as a kid, my all time favourite, my manlove if I ever had one. All the best Giggsy, hope you tear them apart, again.

bcubed

Endeavouring to persevere in observation of all th
Good luck Giggsy. Say day to not see him associated with Man United anymore. I absolutely believe it's the right decision if he has aspirations for the United job in the future. What a career though.
No worries there mate, he'll forever be associated with Man Utd. For the foreseeable future, every time he is mentioned in the press it will be "former Manchester United player/assistant manager Ryan Giggs".
I am personally pleased he's made this decision and nothing would delight me more, than for him to succeed and return as our manager in the future.

Shark

@NotShark
Correct decision, no doubt about it. Wish him all of the best and I hope he returns one day if he proves himself the manager that he thinks he is.

Hed Zitin

I don't think it's sad he's going. He's going outside the club to become a manager and improve himself. It's a good thing for him.

He'll always be a legend and if he doesn't turn out to be any good at management I'm sure he'll find a role back here anyway.

Wish him every success.

vk20legend

Thank You Ryan Giggs for all the memories and your contribution towards making United successful..

He'll always be a legend. Had he played in this era at his prime, we're probably talking a world record fee. A true one club man who gave his best for the club. I wish him the best for the future.

ThanksBoss26

The right move for all parties at the moment but still a tinge of sadness about it for me.

Hope he goes and proves himself elsewhere and gives himself the chance to return one day.

A legend. Good luck to him.

The Taurean

looks like a chipmunk
Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.
Sad to see him leave the club. He is an icon representing the club for so long and would have liked him to take the reins at the reserves level before moving on to higher level.
Hope to see him back at the club in a successful capacity in future. Wish him all the best.
Thank you for everything Ryan Giggs.

Devil81

Actually laughed out loud at the fact he ignored David Moyes in his open letter to the fans.

Thanks for the memories Giggsy, now go make a career for yourself and one day return to the club.

Martin(6)Buchan

A great servant for United and one to be called a legend, I very much doubt we will see the likes again. I have had many great memories of the lad and he is what United is all about, I sincerely thank you and I wish you every success for the future.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He's big, he's black, he's Ryan Giggs!

He was a top winger for us when fit.

Walters_19_MuFc

Doesn't seem real. Guess it was always going to happen at some stage, though.

I just hope that if he does go into management, he is really successful, because I'd like to see him managing United one day.

Bruno8

Thanks for the memories Giggsy. You are a true legend and there will never be another one like you. All the best

Bruno8

Think there has been a concerted affort by Woodward/Glazers to get rid of anyone connected with SAF from the Club ever since Moyes left.
Paul McGuinness was pushed out,
Mclair left,
Butt only got the Head of Academy after some negayive articles about the shambles at the Academy but Ed was frustrating him to leave by offering him a contract which was less than what he was earning when he was U19 coach
Giggs was offered a demotion so that he could leave, not even a 1st teach role but some obscure post that would have clashed with Warren Joyce's role. How could he be the bridge of U21s and 1st Team when he was not allowed anywher close to 1st Team

Up next will be the club ambassadors
Now the press reports that Giggs never wanted to take over after LvG but wanted to be considered when Jose leaves and that Jose actually wanted him to stay but Woodward blocked the meeting. Now what do we believe????

Probably the above speculation is has some legs

prateik

How do you block a fecking meeting? I'm sure they can get in touch without getting Woodward involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.