SARS CoV-2 coronavirus / Covid-19 (No tin foil hat silliness please)

Steve Bruce

Maybe Labour will pull their collective fingers out next time?
Under that cretin corbyn backed up by the likes of Abbot, Labour was unelectable.

Maybe with a credible leader the next election will be much closrr

Adamsk7

I mean, it sounds like you definitely had it?
Well maybe but like I said, if so, it’s very strange how it acts. My Father and Mother in Law are in their 60’s and my Wife is Asthmatic (albeit very mild, no inhaler etc) so for me, a relatively fit guy in his mid 30’s to be the one that shows symptoms is a little weird and like I said, mine were so mild that I would definitely have gone to work if I hadn’t put myself in self isolation because we heard about Arteta.
I’m still going with I haven’t had it.

Suedesi

The New York state figures are shocking, feels like a ticking time bomb.
Broader America will be more naturally sheltered. 1/6th population density, no greeting people by kissing on cheeks etc

I feel Florida will be the next ticking bomb

arnie_ni

Anyone seen this post on fb going round about the text from the nhs working telling people to stay in tomorrow?

Not sure what possesses people to do this

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
I think it's pretty clear that everyone who has had some sort of cough or cold in the last few months has actually had corona virus. It's not like these sort of things happen in a normal winter is it?

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Broader America will be more naturally sheltered. 1/6th population density, no greeting people by kissing on cheeks etc

I feel Florida will be the next ticking bomb
All the kids just got back from spring break recently. America is gonna explode over the next seven days.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
I'm guessing old Bruce was one of those ''traditional'' labour voters who was so angry at the labour party it forced him to vote tory.

Poor fella.
Labour being unelectable in 2019 is for another thread.

In fact, you seem less intent on discussing Coronavirus - and more intent on constant politicking. It's tiresome.

Scholes.92

Thanks. Gone further with my GP and have been told im not serve enough to be on the list. Which is worrying me because I know at my worst Im at risk more than the average person. Seems like I might have to go back to working a job that isnt strictly important as I'd struggle getting no money. Athlough im sure im not the only one in that boat .
Following on from this from what i've read online my job isnt described as a 'key worker' anyone know my rights in terms of not going and being able to claim some sort of wage? Sorry to be asking so much guys im just extremely worried and im struggling with the idea of going work as i had mentally prepared myself to having avoided the virus by self isolatiing already.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
All the kids just got back from spring break recently. America is gonna explode over the next seven days.
I think we’re already seeing a preview of that, just looking at the number of cases in Louisiana relative to states with much larger or similar populations.

Mardi Gras happened shortly before Americans started to take this seriously...

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I think we’re already seeing a preview of that, just looking at the number of cases in Louisiana relative to states with much larger or similar populations.

Mardi Gras happened shortly before Americans started to take this seriously...
Ninth in total cases but third in new deaths the last two days is an interesting statistic. Do you know if anywhere has done a graphic of the top 10 states in the union?

Loads of people come for Mardi Gras as well.

Dante

Average bang
Map of cases in the US. I think it goes down to the county level:

The old Confederate States look like they're set up to get hit really bad.

Last edited:

Sweet Square

In fact, you seem less intent on discussing Coronavirus - and more intent on constant politicking. It's tiresome.
They are the same thing, you dork. And anyone trying to separate the two is oddly enough being quite tiresome.

Last edited:

bonothom

Under that cretin corbyn backed up by the likes of Abbot, Labour was unelectable.

Maybe with a credible leader the next election will be much closrr
Not sure any of the cretins that are likely to take over stand much chance either. Rebecca Wrong Daily or Starmer are hardly great candidates.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

It’s a weird virus for sure. My Father in Law was around Arteta for the whole week prior to him getting tested and has been absolutely fine. If he did get it, then his Wife, my Wife and me have all been absolutely fine too although I will say I had a couple of nights last week where I just felt a bit “off” - not ill as such. I got a bit sweaty in bed (not in the good way) and felt quite hot and I may have experienced the loss of smell although taste seems to be ok. We went out for a run during that time and I was definitely slower and more lethargic than usual as the Mrs was running rings around me and we usually jog together fairly comfortably. I mean I still probably didn’t have it but you never know!
Pretty sure you had it. A colleague of mine and his father had the same symptoms and have been tested positive.
Both were in quarantine for 14 days.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Presumably any deaths 'missed' one day would eventually get captured at a later date so overall, curve should remain broadly reflective?
No, if you want to fit the data to a model, to get the number of infections and deaths, etc, on time, would be very important. The total numbers won't help validating or disproving anything.

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
I guess you've checked the overview list on:
https://www.asthma.org.uk/advice/triggers/coronavirus-covid-19/
It seems fairly specific on the drugs/dosages that mean someone's automatically in that high risk group.
The dosages have been raised since Wednesday.
My own inhaler symbicort stated 1 puff twice daily was enough to self isolate for 12 weeks, that's now been changed to 2 puffs twice daily. Which now means I have to return to work on Monday.
I'd advise any other sufferer to re-check.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
There are messages going around where people are saying that, in the uk, the next couple of weeks is when this virus will be very bad and not to go out at all if you don't need to. More so than before.

Any truth?

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
There are messages going around where people are saying that, in the uk, the next couple of weeks is when this virus will be very bad and not to go out at all if you don't need to. More so than before.

Any truth?
The stats everywhere else suggest that's plausible. Whatever the case, if you can, I would stay home as long as possible. I have been out about 5 times in the last 10 days just to have a walk and I haven't had contact with anyone outside of my family since then. It simply seems the most prudent thing to do if you ask me. I am lucky that I can work from home though.

F-Red

Any truth?
There’s a high probability, last weekends mother day activity will begin to impact this weekend (if the 7 day period is correct). Hence why we’re seeing a field hospital being built; they’re expecting a wave of cases.

antsmithmk

Hates women.

Any truth?
Well of course there is some truth, but what is the source of the message? If it was from an official source we would have heard a little more about this during the 5pm briefings etc.

The virus is going to be bad for the next 2 weeks. After that, we should hopefully see a decline in new cases and deaths. Then after that, who knows. Maybe another 3 to 4 weeks of lockdown and then a gradual releasing of restrictions.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee

Any truth?
For London, the first big wave of (potentially over) pressure on the NHS is expected in early/mid April. So it would be fair to say that catching it in the next week or so would be an exceptionally bad idea - presumably why they stepped the guidance up last weekend.

Outside London the picture/timing might be a bit different, but I doubt they'll try and give different rules in different towns - except around things like transport or big construction sites maybe. People already think the message is confusing.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
China have now closed their borders to all foreigners it seems. Hypocritical bastards :lol:

hubbuh

I'm guessing old Bruce was one of those ''traditional'' labour voters who was so angry at the labour party it forced him to vote tory.

Poor fella.
How anyone can still have any faith in Boris Johnson’s judgement calls is beyond me (as if it wasn’t already).

Er, that’s not exactly fair mate. Bruce was using this as an opportunity to lambast Labour and Sweet made a tongue-in-cheek comment to me, after I took umbrage to the needless Corbyn/Labour-bashing.

hubbuh

Because they are thick as feck, or just pig ignorant. The message is simple isn't it... Stay the feck at home.
Really? I take it you haven’t followed this closely then? ‘cos the messages we’ve been receiving from the government have flip flopped week to week.

Fosu-Mens

Any truth?
Peak infection rate will happen over the next two weeks if one excludes the days when the people contaminated was relatively low (depending on testing capacity).
It will become "Italy/Spain" kind of bad if you run out of capacity for ICU and especially respirators, which is likely some places.
2-3 weeks after lockdown one will start seeing that the number of new infections starts to go down. Then one can begin to actively/aggressively test, track and isolate (Too late to use resources on this now at this phase). Then it will be a case of cat and mouse (loosening restrictions, actively test, tighten up when there are new cases) until there are effective treatment methods and/or a vaccine available.