SARS CoV-2 coronavirus / Covid-19 (No tin foil hat silliness please)

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
you’re in Italy, no? Can only speak for the UK but you can consider yourself very unlucky if you still can’t get any fresh food here within 10 miles
We can get a small choice of fruit and veg, but that's only a part of what we eat and the shop doesn't have a lot to go around everyone. I can't get the lower-calorie versions of anything, such as cheese and yoghurts. We can't travel out of area to shop, we have to buy from the nearest shop that sells essential food items.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
These 5 o'clock press conferences are a shambles now. Every one of those journalists only had a single line of questioning, all of them absolutely creaming their pants at the prospect of Boris being on oxygen or some other juicy scoop. I can imagine they are all chasing the holy grail of a photo of him on his 'death bed'.

Conor

Ok. It’s made it harder to a pedant. But it’s not made it hard.

It’s taken away a location. The parameters of getting fit remain the same. The fact that a preferred method isn’t available doesn’t make it hard.
So not having the easiest way of staying fit available(in their opinion) to an individual hasn't made it harder for them to stay fit. Have I got that right? Does someone pay you to be contrarian or what?

Dr. StrangeHate

Personally I've experienced me and my friends being healthier if anything through all this.

I think people are confusing being annoyed with their own circumstance and not being able to do what they usually like with wider populace.

Honestly if you can't cook healthy food and fit in a workout whilst working from home permanently then when can you. Also I'm sure I'm not in the only neighboured which has seen a huge spike in people walking around.
Do you or any of your friends have children whose nurseries and schools been closed? The second my son goes to sleep I just sit on my sofa like a potato due to exhaustion.

redshaw

France

74390 cases + 3912
29722 hospitalized + 831
7072 in intensive care + 94 i
6494 dead + 605

Care homes
23620 cases + 1259
2417 dead + 228

A rise in hospital deaths

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
France update:

- 605 new deaths among hospitalized patients; we are still updating the deaths that occured in nursing homes 228 have been added.
- 8911 total deaths. 6494 in hospitals and 2417 in nursing homes and other health structures.
- 94 more ICU beds occupied.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Hi mate,

Thanks for asking, really appreciate it. After a week long battle, my Grandpa passed away over the weekend. My Nan was also admitted to hospital but she seems to be making an improvement. The nurses made sure she could spend 15 mins with my Grandpa to say goodbye before he passed. Absolutely heartbreaking that we can't be there to comfort her.
feck. I'm really sorry to hear that. Heartbreaking that you couldn't be there for your nan to comfort her. May your grandfather rest in peace.

Ady87

My sister is a nurse who manages a team but not at a general hospital. They’ve had 4 cases but the patients live in, I believe, so it’s come from outside. One of them on a ventilator. She just sent me a photo of the them wearing their PPE and the masks are absolutely shocking, you could barely call them masks. They’ve now been told they’re being deployed in the local hospitals specifically to tackle virus patients.

She is still waiting on an email response from 3rd and 4th line management for a complaint she raised about this last week.

Fully Fledged

Hi mate,

Thanks for asking, really appreciate it. After a week long battle, my Grandpa passed away over the weekend. My Nan was also admitted to hospital but she seems to be making an improvement. The nurses made sure she could spend 15 mins with my Grandpa to say goodbye before he passed. Absolutely heartbreaking that we can't be there to comfort her.
Feck mate. Condolences.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
there was a short lived lack of stocks last week but it’s pretty much back to the way it was now in the vast majority of the U.K.
Where are you getting that info from?

The situation is worsening in places, proving the initial wave of hoarders right to have done what they did. Prices are also rising in various supermarkets, further compounding the notion the hoarders were actually the smart ones, sickeningly.

Further to that, it takes over an hour to get into large supermarkets (who, one would hope, meet all needs under a single roof) then to be met by depleted (cleared) aisles of various items.

Seems to me, if you don't get there on the day of delivery, you're highly unlikely to get all the healthy stuff one would normally expect to fill up a trolley.

Based Adnan

Not sure how people can really be eating worse than before. If you don’t have access to enough fresh food now you sure as feck didn’t have access to it when you’re working 40+ hours a week.
I'm still doing 40 hours from home and obviously don't want to go out to shop that much wherever possible.

Tried signing up to Hellofresh which sends you fresh ingredients for whatever meals you want to make for that week but they're not taking on any more customers due to high demand at the minute. Same with Gousto.

Unless you want to go shopping every few days/week you need long lasting food which generally isn't the healthiest.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
China starting to see a rise in cases again. Papers saying that loads of them are asymptomatic.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Former McLaren boss Ron Dennis has created a scheme to supply a million free meals to NHS workers during the coronavirus crisis.

Dennis says his foundation has put in place a £1.5m budget and joined forces with a number of companies to supply 1,000 meals a day to health workers.
Good man. This is the kind of selfless story that makes me proud of humani-

"It is an amazing effort, which I think is reflective of my reputation. If I say I'm going to do something I do it."
What a pompous fecking cnut he is.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/52186473