SARS CoV-2 coronavirus / Covid-19 (No tin foil hat silliness please)

F-Red

Worrying time for his pregnant girlfriend, that said i'm sure he'll be in the best possible care there.

Brophs

The One and Only
One in the eye for all those people who said everyone else in the world would have to die before they allowed Dominic Raab to be PM.

DVG7

Why couldn't it be the Orange idiot, why?

if it ever does happen, youll have people sympathizing for him too, its human nature to forget your opinions on people when they actually might die.

RedDevilRoshi

Not a good sign.

I cannot stand the guy but putting my political views & differences to one side, I sincerely hope to God that he pulls through.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Jericholyte2

This could just be them lying again but it's worth posting
From having worked as a respiratory physio and seen people moving to and from ICU, you don’t take someone to ICU as a precaution. You do it expecting a condition to worsen, fast, in order to have all of the necessary equipment in place ready to go.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Genuine question... is the story of Boris shaking hands with Coronavirus patients a few weeks ago actually true?

Hephaestus

I think Anthony Eden was unwell and went on holiday to Jamaica to recover for a while but can’t think of anything else aside from Churchill.
Think Blair had a brief stay in a hospital, just remember all the jokes about Prescott being PM for a day and no-one telling him.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
if it ever does happen, youll have people sympathizing for him too, its human nature to forget your opinions on people when they actually might die.
Nope. I have desired Tump's death for a long time. Never in any moment I felt the same for Boris. Bolsonaro is probably the only world leader I put on the level of Trump (with the caveat that there are a lot of leaders I don't know, specially in Africa and Asia).

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
While obviously I hope Boris pulls through, hopefully he now understands how disastrous and idiotic his initial strategy and delayed response to the pandemic were. He wasted precious time and initially was prepared to plow straight on for "herd immunity" despite it being obvious that tens of thousands of people would die. It's very rare for politicians to have to suffer the repercussions of their own actions in the same way normal people do. Hopefully Boris will be one of the lucky ones who make it through, but there will be thousands deaths that might have been avoided with a more competent response.

MTF

From having worked as a respiratory physio and seen people moving to and from ICU, you don’t take someone to ICU as a precaution. You do it expecting a condition to worsen, fast, in order to have all of the necessary equipment in place ready to go.
How many minutes, give or take, are you saving by moving someone to an ICU vs being in a regular hospital room?

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Some people are just thick thinking they are clever, GO HOME.

Her tone is so smarmy, the copper did well not to be agitated by her. He handled her rather well. I couldn't have stayed that composed speaking to her. I was feeling angry just watching it.

Shes responsible for such a huge waste of resources compared to if she just moved on when requested. Sad to think she is one of far too many who are adopting the "I'm not afraid" stance.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Some people are just thick thinking they are clever, GO HOME.

Breath taking patience from those police there, really hats off!

Can only imagine she's an exceptionally lonely individual. And you just know if that was on youtube there'd be tonnes of halfwits applauding her, for some inexplicable reason, having wasted everyone's time, and no doubt getting a fine.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I'm sorry, I won't be happy if he dies, but I'm not gonna sit here send him my best wishes.

The man was happy to let thousands die to achieve herd immunity so it's quite ironic if he's one of them.

I hope it doesn't die simply it's the last thing the country needs right now, but I'm not going to suddenly forget him twiddling his fingers and allowing us to get in this situation.

TheGame

Yep agree, think they are trying to keep public calm but situation must be serious.

Jericholyte2

How many minutes, give or take, are you saving by moving someone to an ICU vs being in a regular hospital room?
It’s all about maintaining oxygenation and supply to the brain. Depending on the distance between wards it could be anything between 2-3 or even up to 10minutes (depending on organisation/ need to traverse floors etc). In this time a massive amount of damage could happen.

If you have the kit there and ready you can have him intubated in seconds, limiting the damage to a minimum.

C'est Moi Cantona

Coin toss, apparently. But there must be other factors which increase/decrease the chance.
There has to be, but this is to be found out further down the line, right now I just pray that Boris is on the right side of whatever they are.

I'm not even that keen on the guy, but I barely slept thinking about this last night, the impact of him not making would be terrible, people are tossers who say otherwise.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Some of the replies in that are sickening. It really doesn't matter if you think he's a cnut or not. The guy is a human being with a baby on the way ffs.

Yeah have just read some the disgusting comments and as you said are downright sickening.