SARS CoV-2 coronavirus / Covid-19 (No tin foil hat silliness please)

Smores

Went online you know just in case and seems to be a mass sell out of surgical masks on amazon

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I live in the far north of Norway... So does my aunt.
She started talking to me today about this, on how it's going to kill millions of people and be the new black death. She has even gone to the step of buying tons of tinned food and locked herself up in her house far up in the woods.

Tried talking to her about how death-rate seems to be around 2.2-3.15% and that it's mostly people with other conditions dying. That they are already working on a vaccine and that despite it being fast at getting around that if it was nearly as bad as she talked about then Wuhan, a place you could fill 5.7 times into the region we live in has 11 million citizens, as opposed to our 50~ thousand would have had a shit-ton more incidents alone. That's before we consider that Chine has over 1 billion people. She refuses to see sense and is panicking. Can't calm her down with checking up stuff for her.

She even claimed WHO had said it was going to be the worst thing ever, just without saying it.

She isn't really healthy mentally, but it really saddens me to see. She's even scared of her man coming home from Thailand (he has spent some time there in his family's mansion, so not even out in the public) for decks sake.
You’d be at risk though so go copy your aunts lead for a few months...

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Just imagine this... the 2019/2020 EPL season being abandoned due to the Coronavirus... every cloud has a silver lining and all that...

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Just imagine this... the 2019/2020 EPL season being abandoned due to the Coronavirus... every cloud has a silver lining and all that...
Rawk would explode with conspiracy theories. They'll be convinced fergie is part of the Illuminati.

starman

Has anyone bought a mask yet?

I was looking on Amazon at the start of the week where you could get mask for £1.50, those same masks are now £20 :rolleyes:

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I bought 50 decent disposable masks last Sunday from Amazon. Came today.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I live in the far north of Norway... So does my aunt.
She started talking to me today about this, on how it's going to kill millions of people and be the new black death. She has even gone to the step of buying tons of tinned food and locked herself up in her house far up in the woods.

Tried talking to her about how death-rate seems to be around 2.2-3.15% and that it's mostly people with other conditions dying. That they are already working on a vaccine and that despite it being fast at getting around that if it was nearly as bad as she talked about then Wuhan, a place you could fill 5.7 times into the region we live in has 11 million citizens, as opposed to our 50~ thousand would have had a shit-ton more incidents alone. That's before we consider that Chine has over 1 billion people. She refuses to see sense and is panicking. Can't calm her down with checking up stuff for her.

She even claimed WHO had said it was going to be the worst thing ever, just without saying it.

She isn't really healthy mentally, but it really saddens me to see. She's even scared of her man coming home from Thailand (he has spent some time there in his family's mansion, so not even out in the public) for decks sake.
Here's the thing, Odegaard; women don't want you to solve their problems. They want you to listen and reassure. The next time you talk to her, tell her that her preparation is a good idea and she is doing the right thing in the event this situation gets out of hand.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Captain trips has finally arrived.

If you don’t get that reference then I have no use for you in my life.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Here's the thing, Odegaard; women don't want you to solve their problems. They want you to listen and reassure. The next time you talk to her, tell her that her preparation is a good idea and she is doing the right thing in the event this situation gets out of hand.

Listen to this man...he knows how to get pussy.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I'm just waiting for them to develop some vaccine that turns all those infected into mindless zombies so we can officially come full circle in how fecked up the world is right now.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I did that too. Told her all she wanted was for everyone to be okay and that it ultimately was a good thing. But also had to mention that I'm worried for her mental health. Media over here loves their headlines, and we've got people spreading false information on Snapchat. :/

Revan

Assumptionman
Bet there's a fair few chinese people having fun with this, going round sneezing in public places.
I have a Chinese colleague who is the nicest person you can imagine, and I felt really sad for her when she told me that in the metro everyone is staring at her, like being afraid from her. And she has not been in China for half a year or so.

Jokingly, I proposed to her to put the sanitary mask so everyone loses its shit.