Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
As with pretty much everyone in our team, he was below average in the first half and good in the second.

Hopefully we stick with the same formation and midfield in the next few matches, and see if it's something that just clicked in our second half and will continue going forward. We desperately need one of our midfielders to step up to that role for the rest of this season.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Decent today. His performances are getting more and more assured. Loved seeing Hazard just bounce off him just before he went off in the 2nd half.

He does seem to lack confidence when taking the ball forward though. His passing is good, but actually carrying the ball is a different matter. There was once instance in the 1st half he drifted wide left, loads of space ahead of him, he brought it forward and then stopped for no reason, then went forward again, and then played it square under no pressure. Acres of space to run at, Chelsea caught short, needed to just charge at them and try to make something happen.

kundalini

Partially at fault for their goal, along with Valencia (playing him onside) and De Gea (beaten at near post). Otherwise did reasonably well.

Weird how Mourinho used him in the easiest fixtures, now risks him in the biggest matches, with nothing in between.

Decent ball over the top in the build-up for Lingard's goal. The other two long balls I noticed, were cut-out. Linked well with Valencia in the 2nd half.

AngliaRed

Hazard created the most oppurtunities of the Chelsea team and was tackled 1 time, although he did lose the ball with a few loose touches.

Is this going to be the new myth like "Anderson marked Fabregas out of the game" when he won a header against Fabregas that led to a goal?
He also intercepted alot of passes to Hazard and when Hazard had the ball he didnt give him any space to dribble past him so he had to pass. Mctominay was largely at fault for their goal but at 21 years age and a practically a avergae player I think he did really well. Kept it simple and recycled possession.

dangler

I can't seem to understand McTominay. It feels like he is being played just because there is no better alternative at the moment that is giving balance to the team.
He seems to have a good range of passing and decent ball control. I am unsure if the passing is just that or actually he has good vision and creativity as well.
He seems to not be fazed against the big boys and is tall which is Mourinho's type.

I would really like to see him apply himself more, be more assertive and involved.
Hopefully he can get few more games and start showing he could take the place permanently.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
Hazard created the most oppurtunities of the Chelsea team and was tackled 1 time, although he did lose the ball with a few loose touches.

Is this going to be the new myth like "Anderson marked Fabregas out of the game" when he won a header against Fabregas that led to a goal?
That doesn't tell the whole story though, anyone watching could see Hazard was kept very quiet. He's the sort of player that wins games on his own and he did very little today. The boy deserves some credit.

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
The game where he did buggar all except allow Willian through on goal. Even if he did have a good game, which he didn't, gifting the opposition a goal should exclude him from MOTM.
I think that’s all you saw from the highlights because there’s no way you watched the game. If you did and you’re saying that you’re completely deluded.

Walters_19_MuFc

People blaming him for Chelsea's goal, but I think because he was so focused on Hazard, he didn't attention to Willian. Ideally, Lindelof should have dropped in, and allowed McTominay to face up Hazard. Miscommunication really.

All in all, though, I feel he had another solid game.

Ekeke

That doesn't tell the whole story though, anyone watching could see Hazard was kept very quiet. He's the sort of player that wins games on his own and he did very little today. The boy deserves some credit.
Just go and check his heat map. He wasnt even in the same areas as Hazard for the majority of the game. Hazard was wide, with Alonso also helping him. It was Valencia facing him most of the game. McTominay was just right of the centre. Obviously he was in position to make Hazard not want to make some passes inside, but the idea that he was 1 on 1 with him is laughable.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
People blaming him for Chelsea's goal, but I think because he was so focused on Hazard, he didn't attention to Willian. Ideally, Lindelof should have dropped in, and allowed McTominay to face up Hazard. Miscommunication really.

All in all, though, I feel he had another solid game.
Willian was 100% his man. That was a bad error. Young players make mistakes though. He’ll learn from it.

Roboc7

He was much better in the second half and played decent pass in build up to the second goal. Needs to start winning more tackles and interceptions as he is a bit too passive but good to see him come back from a very poor first half.

Hitchez

I really like his calmness on the ball. Never seems overly flustered and gets on with the job. Encouraging words from Jose in the post match interview and sounds like there's a lot more to his game which we might be seeing when Jose lets him off the least a bit. I'd still prefer Herrera as the 3rd CM as he's better on the ball this kid seems like a very good option.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
Just go and check his heat map. He wasnt even in the same areas as Hazard for the majority of the game. Hazard was wide, with Alonso also helping him. It was Valencia facing him most of the game. McTominay was just right of the centre. Obviously he was in position to make Hazard not want to make some passes inside, but the idea that he was 1 on 1 with him is laughable.
Heat map won't tell me anything. Obviously he only starts picking him up when he's in the last third so it will be completely misleading. I watched him closely, he was on Hazard every time.

Mindhunter

Looked assured on the ball and wasn’t star struck. Also, did a decent enough job on Hazard. He was at fault for the goal but a series of mistakes caused it and not him alone.

Happy to see a youth team player getting such high praise from Mourinho. As the manager said, he now needs to add an attacking threat to his game to add move value to the team.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I’ve been quite open in stating that I’ve seen little in him so far, but after the first half hour he really stepped up. I was really impressed at his marking of Hazard - he was happy to let him have the ball away from goal, but was a real nusicance on him in the final third - and as the game went on, he played with greater confidence and made some good passes. Let’s hope he continues his rise.

SSSSnake

Very cool and collected. Well done Jose for showing faith in him. Starting all the big games lately.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Totally fine with him playing as part of the 3, doesn’t really seem affected by pressure which is pleasing. Needs to add a lot more quality and invidualism but that will hopefully come.

Also hope he chooses Scotland, we need players playing at a high level if we’re ever going to reach a major tournament.

Walters_19_MuFc

Willian was 100% his man. That was a bad error. Young players make mistakes though. He’ll learn from it.
But his job was to man mark Hazard. He can't do both.

My question is, did Lindelof have to come so far out, especially as McTominay was making his way out to Hazard?

It just created a massive whole in our defence, which in the end Chelsea were able exploit.

El Zoido

He was at fault for their goal but it didn’t ruin him, he got on with his job. Looks to be a decent player.

Hitchez

But his job was to man mark Hazard. He can't do both.

My question is, did Lindelof have to come so far out, especially as McTominay was making his way out to Hazard?

It just created a massive whole in our defence, which in the end Chelsea were able exploit.
Lindelof was right to come out. In fact, he didn't come out in enough and close it down which was his fault. hazard needed to be closed down and Mctominay wasn't reaching him on time. McTominay should have followed the run.

Timdbro

He’s surprisingly composed on the ball, even when pressed, which is a good skill to have when you’re a central midfielder.
Not too much else about him at the moment though.

Coops73

Played well, again doesn’t really pull up any trees but he’s very composed and tidy but he was a bit at fault for the first goal, think he’s starting to establish himself in the middle of the park for us.

Vanya

Its best that he keeps things simple for now. His job is to defend and in attack to feed pogba and matic not to attempt game changing passes. that will come with more match experience.

tonnas

problem with many doubters here is that he does not shine with flicks and dribbling but he BRINGS SO MUCH BALANCE to that Midfield... a really solid solid player, our 3rd best cm imo and hopefully he keeps on improving

AshRK

His attitude is brilliant. He may not be a world beater but a really effective midfeilder for us. He should start trusting himself but like Jose said right now work your basics and work on understanding the game, then goal scoring and assisting can come.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I would really like to see him apply himself more, be more assertive and involved.
Hopefully he can get few more games and start showing he could take the place permanently.
I think he's just following the instruction to boot, and always want to keep his positioning in check instead of running around more freely. The more experience he has, he'd learn to be more risky.

Tactically, central midfield is one of the most difficult to learn for young player. It is the area where the majority of action is taking place, and it's easy to get lost on what to do. I think that's why he's getting better as the game went on, as he's getting the grip on the flow of the game and where he needs to position himself.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Two difficult matches and being thrown on deep waters. Lad doesn't even look phased. Good signs.

Status
Not open for further replies.