Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
The biggest compliment I can pay him is that you can tell he's been brought up in the United academy. He has a surety about his play and a degree of composure when it matters.

It's easy to see why and how he has gained Mourinhos trust.

Should get a full 90 against Bristol midweek

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Yeah, he’s been poor this season, but he’s still our player, and if you support United, why would you loathe him? It’s not like he’s a racist cannibal.
I don't loathe him as a person I'm sure he's a great guy but as a footballer I hate him being in the team.

Rossa

I don't loathe him as a person I'm sure he's a great guy but as a footballer I hate him being in the team.
He shouldn’t be first choice, but he isn’t, so that’s that. He’s decent back up. Last season he was our best player alongside Valencia. Matic and Herrera just don’t seem to gel at all, unfortunately.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I feel the same. It's quite clear he's not reached his peak, so that's good. I'm hoping he can become good enough to nail a place in the squad or even first team. I like the lad.
Looks like he might be our only plan B, if January's spending won't occur. Considering how many players from academy/reserves can't make it to the first team, this is opportunity of a lifetime for the lad.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Looks like he has an old head on young shoulders. Can see why Mourinho rates him.
He’s exactly the kind of young player Jose likes. I can see him using him a lot, not least ‘cos it will allow him to claim him as his own, academy legacy wise.

He’s not the kind of player anyone gets excited about breaking through, but he’s the kind you waste a small fortune trying to find by buying up cloggers from mid table foreign clubs before eventually chucking £40m at the 30 y/o finished article.

Last edited:

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
He is more of a b2b player naturally right? What was his position in the youth teams?

I think he might have the attributes for becoming a good DM. And we could need one of those. Pensioner Matic can't play all the games.

engulfing

He can be our fernandinho or casimiro. He has enough ability on the ball, plenty of energy and good positioning to be where he should be. His reading of the game is already decent and will get better. With more appearances he will get more confidence to do more when on the ball. Has shown some ability in glimpses so there's more to come i think.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
I like him and hope he goes on to have a good career.

I wonder if someone like Pereira would be getting the same vitriol he gets after similar performances if he was still here?

This is a youngster finding their feet in one of the biggest clubs in the world. I love that Jose has trust in him.

tonnas

He is going to be a great squad player if he keeps his progression :)

pseudo_canadian

Jose clearly rates him, and honestly that's enough for me given McTominay's quick rise to the first team.

Composed, mature player. He plays older than his age.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He is more of a b2b player naturally right? What was his position in the youth teams?

I think he might have the attributes for becoming a good DM. And we could need one of those. Pensioner Matic can't play all the games.
I mainly saw him up front as the lone striker but that was due to us having no striker available for the majority of last year.
Really rate McTominay. Should of started today.
Even I wouldn't have minded him starting today and I don't really rate him at all. Hasn't let us down once yet.

Acquire Me

I love that we get new players from our own academy all the time. I watched him play only as a striker, so it came as a suprise to see him so composed in the midfield.

ti vu

Can't say for how much potential he has as he is kinda a surprise. However, at this point I would say he likely makes it as first teamer for us (squad players). Pretty stay relevant for all the minutes he was given which is a something. I meant for someone like Pereira we can recall the games like Wolfburg where he reminded us he is still young player. McTominay so far, while doesn't look outstanding or a special player, is putting mature display. Staying consistently relevant in game is not easy, and he seems to have it.

Trophy Room

Limited technically. Will never be first choice but seems reliable when the going gets tough - great quality to have. Decent squad player, great that he's from the academy and certainly has a premier league future. Mourinho will be ideal for his development.

Vilev

I hope he can be our new Butt or Fletcher. We need these squad players, the ones that really love the club and determined, ready to give it 100% every game. I like his attitude. His level seems okay. Sure, he needs to up his attacking game and initiative going forward, but all that can be done.
Of course he is not a Rashford-type prospect, but can still develop into fine player.

Lj82

I like that Jose puts him on when we defending a one goal lead. Shows how much he trusts him. Can only be good for his confidence.

Devil may care

His stand out ability for me. He reminds me of Carrick. Calm, composed and does the simple things really well, bringing other players into play.
I think Mockney is right, he'll get plenty of game time as Jose can claim him as his academy success and his size will always be to Jose's liking. It will be interesting to see what type of CM he develops into, at the moment he's a bit of a Jack of all trades master of none, but I'd focus on making him a DM.

AP88

Supports
Man City
He’s then Eric Dier-type Mourinho wanted in the summer, but for free.

He’s looks very good in midfield, disciplined, mature and with a good passing game. He really could be a long-term solution to the midfield anchor position and ideal foil for Pogba.

Dante

Average bang
I don't think he's that much like Fletcher, personally.

Fletcher had a better range of passing, but McTominay has a far superior one-touch game (one of the best I've seen come out of the Academy in absolute yonks). Fletcher was a gadfly in midfield, whereas McTominay is more of a physical presence.

I think McTominay most reminds me of Busquets (minus the dribbling ability).

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
I don't think he's that much like Fletcher, personally.

Fletcher had a better range of passing, but McTominay has a far superior one-touch game (one of the best I've seen come out of the Academy in absolute yonks). Fletcher was a gadfly in midfield, whereas McTominay is more of a physical presence.

I think McTominay most reminds me of Busquets (minus the dribbling ability).
Yeah, Fletch has a great brain and running engine but falls down on strength. Given his age it's nice to hope McT has all three of those qualities.

He's been good so far in his limited appearances. It will be good to see how he does against a half decent midfield opposition, could solve a lot of future problems if he can handle it.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
He's been doing well to be fair to him. I was puzzled as to why he was getting minutes at first.

J_XO

Never seen him play well. I'll always back bringing youth through but I can't see what he offers other than height, and even that doesn't seem to mean much.

JoaquinJoaquin

Didn't even know he was on in the second half. Not a bad player, but not good enough to be a Manchester United player. We have far too much mediocrity as it is.

Roboc7

Another player who can’t actually pass the ball, we have too many already and unless one or both of Fellaini and Herrera are leaving I don’t see much of a future for him.

Santos J

He's been alright in recent games but yeah was pretty invisible tonight.

p2pZeus

Not knee-jerk but its time to ship him off or maybe a loan to championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.