5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

marktan

He'll get better with time and experience. Very useful player to have us a backup midfield option.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
The abuse Fletcher got when he was McTominays age was worse.

Considering he was playing with Fred who is very much a deer in headlights it was a very mature performance from him. Really impressed.
Right but I could always see Fletcher had some quality on the ball more. That may not matter though, he may still be a very good player for us and yes has received undeserved abuse.

Gordon S

I am a bit surprised he looks so fearless out there! Uses his body really well and his passing is actually sharp.
Understand why the club wanted to keep him in the team.

Fracture90

Honestly quite impressed with him these last 2 games. This game in particular he showed some nice passing, ball recovery, strength ball and composure. Long may it continue, if he keeps this up he'll be challenging Matić for the spot soon enough.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Best we've seen from him I think. Even fired a few in in between the lines to attackers feet rather than the usual safe stuff. Hopefully means he is growing in confidence, if he can be a bit more aggressive in his pressing and closing down people when they get near our box (thinking off when Townsend walked across him with the ball to get a dangerous shot off) we might have something.

Vanya

Played with calmness and his head up. Under Mourinho he couldnt make simple passes. Looks so much more confident now.

Would love to see him given more opportunities esp in games where one doesnt get time on the ball..such experiences will only make him a better player.

Nickosaur

Matic was the injury that concerned me the most v Liverpool and the games that followed, but Scott has played well in his absence.

Art

Art the artist
Seemed so much braver on the ball today than in the Liverpool one..understandably. Loved his forward passes and his temperament to not get involved in a scuffle with Zaha. If he keeps this up, he will be a big player for us.

SamVimes

Genuinely impressed with how well he played today. Hope it is a step forward and not an outlier.

Based Adnan

Scott McTominay vs Crystal Palace:

100% aerials won
84% passing accuracy
66 touches
46 passes completed
24 forward passes
12 duels won
6 aerials won
5 free kicks won
3 clearances
2 recoveries

22-years old.

Ridiculous stats

ROFLUTION

I am a bit surprised he looks so fearless out there! Uses his body really well and his passing is actually sharp.
Understand why the club wanted to keep him in the team.
Fearless would also be my description. He just looks composed and safe to be around, which is a huge trait to have in that role. Matic has some nice passing on him, but gives a lot of balls away too.

Starting to think there's a space for McTominay here at the club. Instead of buying an expensive midfielder who's a swiss-knife, spend it on creativity in front of Matic / McTominay, and let them do the physical part + pass on to the creative players surrounding them.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Another solid display, he’s a real prospect. Has all the tools to be top level just needs time to build confidence.

Canagel

hes done very well. really nothing to complain about. another solid job in matic absence.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Some nice passes forward and some good composure at times on the ball.

Without the ball he was very ineffective with his only tackle and clearance coming right at the end of the match. Other than that he hadnt won the ball all game, other than in the air where he once again contributed with 4 headers. Luckily once again Pogba was our main ball winner and our defense survived without protection.
Very good summary. Only thing I want to add is that he had a big presence and moved around very well.
Kids strong as an ox. I like him, feel like he understands what it means to play for this club.
He is very strong physically already. If he can develop his use of strength into his game even further he might become a real beast. He might.
He did well. He’s looking solid enough these days. Trolled Zaha a bit too.
I loved his antics with Zaha. I love how he isn't faced at all. Seems to have a strong mentality, you can see he came up from the academy. Imagine if Fred had that, would be nice.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He put in a top class performance tonight. Showed some great forward passing and Lots of aggression. I hope this is a sign of things to come.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Scott McTominay vs Crystal Palace:

100% aerials won
84% passing accuracy
66 touches
46 passes completed
24 forward passes
12 duels won
6 aerials won
5 free kicks won
3 clearances
2 recoveries

22-years old.

Ridiculous stats
Wow. Impressive defensive stats. Actually they're ridiculous.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Happy to be corrected about him. Looks like he's been working with Carrick because he played some lovely passes between the lines tonight.

mu4c_20le

He did well. He’s looking solid enough these days. Trolled Zaha a bit too.
i loved his antics with Zaha. I love how he isn't faced at all. Seems to have a strong mentality, you can see he came up from the academy. Imagine if Fred had that, would be nice.
That shows me theres a mature head in there. And for all the shit I've given him, ive got to give mourinho some credit for playing him and giving him the experience, even if it was to spite Pogba at times. Last season he was still a bit raw but today he hardly looked out of place.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Was excellent tonight, two very promising performances. Defended well and passed even better, he looked like 2013 Carrick, he was calm on the ball and took risks. I like how he wound up half the Palace team on his own, he's showing a lot more aggression which highlights his growth in confidence.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
That shows me theres a mature head in there. And for all the shit I've given him, ive got to give mourinho some credit for playing him and giving him the experience, even if it was to spite Pogba at times. Last season he was still a bit raw but today he hardly looked out of place.
No he didn't. If you turn it around and imagine he played like that against us for Crystal Palace, I would be thinking "damn some 22 year old they got playing, we should look into him". No joke.

Bobski

Nice incisive passing through the lines at times. I am surprised that some criticize his mobility as to me that is one of his more impressive traits, most guys his size don't move anywhere near that fluidly and cover the ground that well, makes him rather effective in winning the ball and pressing. He doesn't read the game like Matic, something he will have to improve if that DM role is his moving forward, but gets about the pitch much better.

Wheato

Got stuck in, did the dirty stuff well, broke up their play, moved the ball to a United player. Things he need to improve in is bringing the ball out of danger by running with it. And playing it forward instead of sideways. But today he did what was asked of him. So no complaints.

Alemar

Excellent performance. If he continues to develop like this our "Matic replacement" transfer money may be used elsewhere.

Brightonian

Nice incisive passing through the lines at times. I am surprised that some criticize his mobility as to me that is one of his more impressive traits, most guys his size don't move anywhere near that fluidly and cover the ground that well, makes him rather effective in winning the ball and pressing. He doesn't read the game like Matic, something he will have to improve if that DM role is his moving forward, but gets about the pitch much better.
Agree with all this. He's got good spring in his step and a nice turn of pace with the ball when he needs it too. But yes, he does a lot of recovery running which won't be necessary when he has more experience and reads the game better. Watching Matic every day is the perfect way to accelerate that learning process.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Definitely helps future transfer plans if he proves to be a very valuable squad player... only saw the last 30 minutes today but looked very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.