5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prodigy24

Calm, composed, always available when needed and doesn't take crap from anyone. Very mature performance in an important away game. More of the same please!

redDNA

Supports
Enyimba FC of Aba
I criticized him for always passing sideways and backward, but today I was pleasantly surprised seeing him making some carrickesque forward passess.
He covered the a lot of ground and won many headers.

If he can read the game more, and work on his positioning and learn how to evade his markers in tight spaces he will be even a better Matic replacement.I get the feeling that Carrick is working with our midfielders which is impressive.

He has a future at united .

AndersB

Really impressive performance. Almost Carrick-esque, the way he played balls through the lines. Calm, composed and mature. Used his body well. Really happy we have him.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
He's 22.

Carrick was relegated with West Ham when he was 22, wasnt he?

Give him time....

A-man

Good thing with all the injuries: McTominay gets to play and does it well! This is not a nice guy and in a few years players will fear facing him.

RedCurry

Second good performance in a row. Still early days though.

He looked to make those forward passes between the lines today which he might not have made a few months ago.

Mr PG

People forget he had to play safe against pool who are lethal on the counter. I have been defending him from all the nonsense spewed before he has even played a handful of games.

MyDevil

Did really well in 2 matches now. Tidy and some good forward attacking passes as well.
Show why he is ahead of Fred and Pereira. Happy for him.

Based Adnan

I really hope he can transition his performances as a 6 to that more box to box role once Matic is back because he'll have to play that role to get gametime/when we rest Herrera and Pogba. I've always said his future position is as a DM though.

meamth

His a young player honing his skill set to be effective for the first team. Limited, championship level, average player, list goes on!

Still a nothing player according to caf. Caf is ruthless.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Seemed so much braver on the ball today than in the Liverpool one..understandably. Loved his forward passes and his temperament to not get involved in a scuffle with Zaha. If he keeps this up, he will be a big player for us.
Aye, his passing tonight looked a notch above what he'd shown so far. Great to see, and for the first time I'm starting to get hopeful that he could have a long-term future with us.

ash_86

I thought he had an excellent game today. His foward passing was a joy to watch, straight out of carrick's book.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Second good performance in a row. Still early days though.

He looked to make those forward passes between the lines today which he might not have made a few months ago.
He's gained a lot of confidence, he's probably been encouraged to take a few risks and I like how he's properly showing his strength now and getting involved with duels.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
His mental strength is admirable. I see that in Rashford, and I see that in this young Scott. Some compare him to Fletcher, but I see him more of Nicky Butt.

haram

Happy and proud for him. I can only see him improving, physically and mentally he is all there at this level.

Under Mourinho he couldnt make simple passes.
You've just made that up.

Sterling Archer

we need a gif of him throwing Zaha to the ground then walking away with his hands up, the whole time no expression. didn't know he had that in him.

RedCurry

we need a gif of him throwing Zaha to the ground then walking away with his hands up, the whole time no expression. didn't know he had that in him.
He’s a fighter, at least there’s no question marks over that. Never seen him shy away from a physical duel.

lawliet354

The abuse Fletcher got when he was McTominays age was worse.

Considering he was playing with Fred who is very much a deer in headlights it was a very mature performance from him. Really impressed.
I admit I was in the group of abuser that time, every time I see him in the line up I was pissed because I really don't see what quality he brought to the team. What do I know, years later he was one of the most important player in our CL run to the final, I think in 2009 he was even better than Carrick.

Hope the same can happen to Mctominay, I really like what I've seen so far from him, calm, keep asking for the ball and doesn't shy away from physical duel.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He's 22.

Carrick was relegated with West Ham when he was 22, wasnt he?

Give him time....
To be fair, I didn't see Carrick potential when he was young too, and never understood why we went for him. He proved me wrong in later years.

Loublaze

ATLien
That was his best performance this season. Im pleased that he was adventurous with his passes.

ErranMorad

He was very good from what I saw. Best game in a United shirt for me. Showed his strength, did the defensive work, won all the headers and surprisingly passed well between the lines. Palace midfield didn't put a lot of pressure on him and his mobility, or lack of it, worries me a bit but may be he can be a decent squad player for us. We have always had these kinds of players in our squad.

buckooo1978

solid squad player and defensive screen

just wondering if he can develop his passing and reading of the game as he could become a very capable midfield player

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Impressed me on the ball last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.