6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SirAnderson

Really impressed with how he has matured. Really see him cementing his place in the first time. Long may he impress.
Being young, he will have his off days, so hopefully we don't throw him under the bus when he messes up a bit.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Let's pump the brakes a bit. Robson is Captain Marvel after all. I read that our team in the 80's lived and died based on whether Robson was fit. I can't see Mctominay developing into that kind of player. If he turns out to be a fletcher type player, that's good enough for me.

Speaking about Robson, how was he as a player? Was he a midfielder like Gerrard or Lampard? I remember reading somewhere that Robson was Gerrard's idol. Did he have a similar playstyle to Gerrard, like an all action type midfielder?
Roy Keane with flair and an ability to play as a 10. That was Robson.....IMO he was more similar to Lothar Matthäus than Gerrard or Lampard. Yet with a bigger kncak for goals.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Probably the only United player who showed up from the first half team.

VJ1762

He is on the cover of PES 20 alongside Messi. He is going places.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Sir Alex told to play him more and that's basically all we need to know.

Extremely professional and signs of improvement almost everywhere.

Andersons Dietician

He’s really surprised me this pre-season. Looked pretty good at times. Hopefully he continues the upwards trajectory throughout the season.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I can’t believe how much he’s improved in a year.

He’s looking like the full package! All he needs now is a fancy through ball and a banger of a shot.

So pleased with him. He and pogba are the best pair by far.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'm glad we didn't end up caving to Herrera's demands, gives McTominay a chance to shine now. He's fantastic, wouldn't surprise me if he's considered one of the best in the squad by mid season.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Meteoric exponential rise in his progression. I don’t think I’ve ever witnessed someone improve so rapidly and aggressively outside of football manager

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Saw both of those today. Through ball to James and banger of a shot of the post.
True that! If he can bring it to the party consistently we’ve got a hell of a player on our hands. captain material.

Red4Life_#7

Meteoric exponential rise in his progression. I don’t think I’ve ever witnessed someone improve so rapidly and aggressively outside of football manager
He has been good since he first started in the 1st team. IMO he has done everything right, always been a big fan. Finally he is receiving the credit he deserves!!

was called McTalentless here not while ago :D what a confidence and hard work does, thank you Mou
People who said he was talentless really didn't know what they were talking about.

Finally getting the credit.
Exactly!!

Jules_T

It's interesting that a lot of the threads that talk about how new players might fit into the team all have him in our midfield.

The Caf has spoken.

Let's hope he gets a good run of games and can put in some consistent performances.

Acquire Me

Finally the guy gets some credit. I think he has been outstanding. He has worked his socks off from the beginning. A huge talent as well as a model pro.

Ekeke

I'm glad we didn't end up caving to Herrera's demands, gives McTominay a chance to shine now. He's fantastic, wouldn't surprise me if he's considered one of the best in the squad by mid season.
Still not much like him though given he doesn't win the ball anywhere near as much as Ander did. Fred is a bit closer

Mr PG

Mc Tominay always excelled in the big games especially. That’s the best way to judge a player not crossovers and needless dribbles. Was quite good against Barcelona and Psg....Yet fans always called him shit .. championship quality etc. I believe Scott always tries to keep it simple. Not easy to win praise from Mourinho especially as a young player.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Hopefully he will be first choice player. Looks better than Matic.

Last edited:

Ace of Spades

He looks really good. Big credit to the coaching staff, all our young players look good. It is the older players that have been less impressive.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I like his determination, his best quality. Looks like a bit of a Neville type character. Not the best player ability wise but his determination/hunger/work-rate will push him to higher levels than more talented players.

tob

Looks good. Well deserved of being a starting player this season, ahead of Matic. Although his ball controll needs improvement. Has a tendency of getting the ball too far away from his feet on occasions. Also needs to be more alert. Keep his head up and see what’s around him before he receives the ball. Try to always be one step ahead.

These are the aspects that I feel Longstaff is better at. So no surprise we’re after him even though McTominay’s development has been great.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
He’s excellent, but I don’t see him as a Matic replacement. He’d be great next to Pogba with a solid DM behind them both.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Also why’s he still got the English flag next to his head?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Pjanic looks like a Bernardo Silva clone on that picture.

PoTMS

One of our few players who actually gives a shit. I couldn't be happier being so wrong about a player.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
I have been a fan for while, but lets not go overboard until he do it regularly in the PL. Not just pre-season.

If he does, lets go nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.