Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kag

Pretty sure he's already first team.
Well, he wasn’t at the end of the season. My point is fairly obvious; he’s making a good fist of ensuring he’s first choice for the season’s start. That was no guarantee four weeks ago.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
He's not only ready for the first team, but we could have our captain. Hearing him speak in the presser and seeing his actions on the field with his play and how he defended James could suggest that he is more of a leader than I may have first thought...

Prongsy

Matic did nothing that game. Four tackles attempted, four fouls. Compared to this kid who at the very least already has proved in last two seasons that he can atleast start every game at defensive midfield. But he just has everything else. First time inch perfect deliciouso long ball, sure.. if anything with Ole he is being played more box to box than simple holding midfielder which I was so hopeful he will start over matic. It's no joke we've been so shit with matic. It's just another young scenario. Manager needs to know and do it when it matters. We should get rid of matic and fire people who spent 40m on him at his age. And all these let's fix everything through transfer window folks need to calm the eff down. Growing up, atleast djemba djemba cost next to nothing. Wonder what fergie thinks of us getting matic and keep on playing him over this kid who is a rock star.

Bestietom

We certainly need midfielders. Take Pogba out of there and we might as well concede top 4. It's a must that we get 1 or 2 midfielders in, before deadline.

Adamsk7

I will eat some humble pie - I thought he was a nothing player when he first came in to the team. Very quickly he is becoming our best midfielder and I include Pogba in that. He was great against PSG and Barcelona and he’s taken those performances in to preseason. What I like the most is he is consistent, which is more than I can say for literally every other midfielder we have.

JoaquinJoaquin

Been very impressed with him on the tour. Was always skeptical he could be a starter, and still am to a degree, but he is certainly improving.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He should be starter this season. Impressive in all preseason games.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Great to see him switch play in a few instances, that is something I have felt we need more of our midfielders to do a lot more often. Hope he'll bring that into the new season.

Andersons Dietician

Thought he was really good today. Loved that physical battle he had with Sissoko will be a handy player to have throughout the season.

jesperjaap

Interesting the "I thought when he first played comments" as I just remember him getting slated most of the time when he broke through. Not seen anything other than highlights from pre-season....and it is preseason after all, Andreas and Zaha I remember impressing massively amongst others in preseason that have done little when the season starts.
I will hold my hands up and say, never really liked him apart from as a spoiler in the big games. Be very happy to be proved wrong though, dont think we will get Longstaff and I dont see Andreas or Fred really as potential Matic replacements in the starting eleven so McTominay could well be vital

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He was the best player in the end of the season, and he's started off that way too.

I'll be shocked if we start the season with Matic over him.

MrBest

He has proved me wrong, he is developing into a great player. His passing, physical presence and positioning were great. It may only be pre-season but his work rate has been great, ambition and passion. Like everyone has said, he should be first team behind Pogba and Fernandes (if we get him).

SATA

He's going to be the poster boy for Man United along with Pogba soon, i can feel it. Academy lad, a good looking boy and plays in United's first team midfield. Is he with Adidas already? Some big brand is going to sign him up soon

kirk buttercup

McBeast. This kid is brilliant and I love that he is just going about his business . keep up the good work scott

diarm

He was really superb today. The kid is just a proper Manchester United player.

DRM

Can't wait to see this lad play this season!

meamth

Now we all understood why Fergie asked Mourinho to play this guy more often.

Mctominay is the key to our pressing game in midfield.

Litch

Wasn't his biggest fan but have to eat humble pie as he's improving each game. His range of passing is getting much better and accuracy too....

Krits

Just goes to show that you don’t need the best technique and dribbling in the world if you have a quick mind. He seems to know what to do before he receives the ball and knows where everyone is. This isn’t something you can teach, I think. He won’t be an Elite midfielder. But Going in to the coming season I feel him and Pogba have to be our starting midfield and then the others can rotate around them.

Good on him for taking his chances. I reckon he might end up being better than carrick cause he seems stronger. Not a certainty, but from what I’ve seen so far, seems possible.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Automatic starter. Has unlocked some range and vision to his passing. It’s a shame he has to put up with Pogba in his midfield 2

diarm

Just goes to show that you don’t need the best technique and dribbling in the world if you have a quick mind.
That pass to (I think?) Greenwood in the first half was all technique and class. Scholesy couldn't have picked it out any better!

DCP

Personally, I would give him the captaincy, him and Pogs in centre mid, share captaincy duty. Get either a deep lying mid or a pure 10 in to play alongside them. Give Wolves a blank cheque for Neves or get Bruno Fernandes.

STYLOISRED

his biggest asset for me is his mentality- its why he improves steadily aa he plays and its why i know not even a run of bad form will put him down. he plays no nonsense football, he is neither shy nor cocky but just does his thing all match. if he makes a mistake you just know he will brush it off and keep on going.

on another note, can someone please give any insight on how much the midfield maestro barça just bought for 75m was rated at 21?

manutddjw

Love him. Looking back at our last couple of games last season and just seeing him on the pitch, I understand what Jose saw in him. There’s a level of maturity about him that other players lack. Definitely a future captain and a good one too.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Seems like he considers McTominay as the all rounder which I'd agree with. They can play together on occasion but you'd want a sitting midfielder to dictate the games behind them as well IMO, and I feel like Ole feels the same (hence the Longstaff links). Its obviously just "potential" but wouldnt be surprised if he had something like this in mind:
Pogba - McTominay
Longstaff
As the trio behind the front 3. Would help solve a lot of our defensive problems as well IMO, which stem from lack of cover in midfield. Thought for a bit that Ole saw McTominay as a defensive mid which I disagreed with, definitely more a box to box type.

marktan

Seems like he considers McTominay as the all rounder which I'd agree with. They can play together on occasion but you'd want a sitting midfielder to dictate the games behind them as well IMO, and I feel like Ole feels the same (hence the Longstaff links). Its obviously just "potential" but wouldnt be surprised if he had something like this in mind:
Pogba - McTominay
Longstaff
As the trio behind the front 3. Would help solve a lot of our defensive problems as well IMO, which stem from lack of cover in midfield. Thought for a bit that Ole saw McTominay as a defensive mid which I disagreed with, definitely more a box to box type.
Yeah a DM in behind would make that midfield ideal, someone like Kante in behind to mob up. Shame Matic's legs are going, would've been useful there.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
his biggest asset for me is his mentality- its why he improves steadily aa he plays and its why i know not even a run of bad form will put him down. he plays no nonsense football, he is neither shy nor cocky but just does his thing all match. if he makes a mistake you just know he will brush it off and keep on going.

on another note, can someone please give any insight on how much the midfield maestro barça just bought for 75m was rated at 21?
Do you mean De Jong? He only turned 22 two months ago so, about £75m worth I should say...

Hawks2008

I like him, definitely deserves a spot in the starting 11 ahead of Fred or Matic.

AshRK

His career graph is reminiscent to Darren Fletcher's. Fletcher also started slowly but then he became an important cog to our midfield. Hope Scott also follows Fletcher's footsteps and achieve more than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.