5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Walters_19_MuFc

Thought he was fantastic tonight and did exactly what ten Hag would have wanted from him, and what Casemiro will do at a higher and more consistent level.

Really pleased for him because I know there's people waiting for him to have shite performances but he turned up tonight.

edgecutter

Always looks OK when we don't have much of the ball. He'll be a problem when we need to dominate the ball against Southampton

eire-red

Lacks talent, but you can never question his heart or desire. Still needs to be upgraded, but his passion for the club is nice to see.

Should be a squad player at the very best once we recruit upgrades.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Lacks talent, but you can never question his heart or desire. Still needs to be upgraded, but his passion for the club is nice to see.

Should be a squad player at the very best once we recruit upgrades.
We already recruited his replacement

eire-red

We already recruited his replacement
Likely one of either him or Fred will still get gametime beside Casemiro. I still think we need another midfielder with some technical quality, with McFred relegated to sporadic. I don't think that's the case yet with just the signing of Casemiro.

Art

Art the artist
Some very nervy moments from him in midfield at times with his loose touches but good game overall

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
If he had vision he would be a top player. He works hard but cannot see the passes that top players in his position can.

Blood Mage

Him and Fred are both better when they don't play together. They're a shitter version of Gerrard & Lampard for England when they play together.

Diamond Chap

Supports
Airdrieonians
Good contribution from Scott.
Nice to see some positivity in some of the posts.
Hopefully we'll see some improvements in Scott's game and consistency level in line with the team's. (hopefully)

Red the Bear

Something less generic
That pass in the first half was just class, other than that it was your typical Scott performance, mostly positive but still some negatives here and there.

In Rainbows

He did much better today than his usual performance even in instances where he was being pressured. It was a good performance.

ReallyUSA

If he could just do the long or correct pass after the dribbling he would be a good player

Irwin99

Excellent at times. As others have said or hinted at, when he's not expected to be influential in terms of spraying the ball around he seems to play better.

stoinz

If he had vision he would be a top player. He works hard but cannot see the passes that top players in his position can.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Yes I always thought he was a limited but very useful member of the squad. He may be running around like a headless chicken sometimes but you cannot fault him for not trying. I am confident we will show a much improved version this season with better coaching playing a specific position.

Waynne

Good contribution from Scott.
Nice to see some positivity in some of the posts.
Hopefully we'll see some improvements in Scott's game and consistency level in line with the team's. (hopefully)
He had a good game but he lacks consistency to perform like this week in, week out and he's bound to have another stinker sooner rather than later. I'd love to be wrong though. He'll be a useful squad option going forward but shouldn't be a starter. Not if we're looking to challenge for top honors.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don't rate him at all but fair play in contributing to a brilliant win today. Like everyone else he provided much needed intensity. These blood and thunder games are where he thrives.

Manowar

Good game from Scotty, credits where it’s due.
There were moments of usual passing weakness but did hold his position well enough.
Need to improve consistency against teams that sit back to become usefull bench player.

Bondi77

Looks like Scott is ahead of Fred in the mind of Erik as when it comes to a crunch game he got the nod.
Top performance from him today.

Kostov

Likely one of either him or Fred will still get gametime beside Casemiro. I still think we need another midfielder with some technical quality, with McFred relegated to sporadic. I don't think that's the case yet with just the signing of Casemiro.
If ETH had the balls to play McT with Eriksen against Liverpool, I surely hope we see Casemiro slot in instead of Scott and no McFred.

GreatDane

He'll never win the Ballon d'Or but he's good in a midfield battle, I'd keep him in the squad for that alone.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Very positively surprised. I think we will see a lot of Casemiro - McTominay - Bruno this season, but he still needs to improve a lot.

Ekeke

Very positively surprised. I think we will see a lot of Casemiro - McTominay - Bruno this season, but he still needs to improve a lot.
I dont think so, but we'll see.

I'm going to go with Casemiro - Eriksen - Bruno being seen more often

Commentators last night said something about him wanting to play with Fred though, which is Brazil's midfield. So maybe it'll be Fred, Casemiro and Bruno

OmarUnited4ever

Did well in his role of disrupting Liverpool midfielders and attackers, still lacks ability on the ball, but overall, he had a good game.

Skills

Snitch
I dont think so, but we'll see.

I'm going to go with Casemiro - Eriksen - Bruno being seen more often

Commentators last night said something about him wanting to play with Fred though, which is Brazil's midfield. So maybe it'll be Fred, Casemiro and Bruno
I still think we'll get another midfielder. We still need someone who can link up with the CBs and progress the ball consistently into the final third of the pitch. Casemiro doesn't resolve that issue for us.

OpenIntrovert

Its not a surprise that McTominay did well against Liverpool. The team today played a compact shape with and without possession, which reduced the defensive burden on McTominay. The problem we had last season and in the first 2 games, was that he had to shoulder most of the defensive responsibilities (together with Fred) with the whole team being too far apart from each other.

With Casemiro coming in against Southampton, McTominay will certainly regain the form he displayed during 19/20 and 20/21 season.

diarm

He has those performances in him, despite how fashionable it's become to act as though he's completely useless in every way.

The big thing for Scot will be backing that performance up next week and consistently thereafter. It's all well and good being up for games against Liverpool, City and Leeds - but he needs to start showing up and dominating against the likes of Brighton, Villa and Leicester as well.

kps88

Was great but he disappeared as soon as Fred came on to play alongside him. That partnership does neither of them any favours.

Born2Lose

He's like plenty before him, Fletcher, O'Shea etc. Players who'll happily sit on the bench but give 100% if called upon. Why anyone would want rid of him as if it's the answer to the problem is beyond me.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He's like plenty before him, Fletcher, O'Shea etc. Players who'll happily sit on the bench but give 100% if called upon. Why anyone would want rid of him as if it's the answer to the problem is beyond me.
The players you mentioned are only valued higher than him because of them playing for a successful SAF anyway. If Oshea had a career under Ole and Mourinho - I’m sure they wouldn’t have been viewed so legendary.

iato89

He lack talent, he is not up to par for a starting role at a club like us, at a maximum he is a squad player. He is ''already'' 25yo so its not like he is just 21 and can improve.

Welbeckham

As one of his biggest defenders, I’m a bit surprised to see the positive reactions here. It was quite an average performance from him. He often contributes more on ball and there were some sloppy passes, one of which led to Varane’s yellow card.

Then again, maybe it was good that him and Eriksen had a quiet game and focused on killing Liverpool’s game. And the same could be said about our full-backs, who hardly contributed offensively but had a really solid game defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.