2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I rag on McTominay all the time. However, today he got to do what he does best: Contribute to the chaos around an opponent's box. When that's all he needs to do, worries about his positioning and passing are irrelevant. He's basically playing poundshop Lampard. Credit where credit is due, we don't win without that today.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Genuinely though, a chance falls to someone between the pen spot and the edge of the area... Is he the first person in our squad you want it to fall to? Maybe Hojlund first, but I haven't seen enough of his finishing yet to judge.

Anyway if he's not first he's probably top 3, certainly top 5.

miked99

That control for the first goal was absolutely sensational. To have the calmness, presence of mind and technique to do that, in the most pressurised of circumstances, was pretty special. What a hero.

90 + 5min

Now popele will understand why I'm saying that this guy should play and is not worse than some £100m players that were bought this year by Premier League clubs.

Really happy for him and I hope tenHag start to use him more.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
We're probably better off throwing him up front or just behind the striker as some kind of agent of chaos. He's the only one who seems to know how time a late run into the box or be in the right spot at the right time in an attacking sense.

RuudTom83

He must of felt about 10 feet tall walking off that pitch.

When it's your day...you just got to soak it up! Well done Scotty

Stadjer

I rag on McTominay all the time. However, today he got to do what he does best: Contribute to the chaos around an opponent's box. When that's all he needs to do, worries about his positioning and passing are irrelevant. He's basically playing poundshop Lampard. Credit where credit is due, we don't win without that today.
100% agree.

Raven

Well done to the lad. He seems like a great personality and I'm delighted for him.

T Red

One of my least favorite player right now but boy oh boy, that was some beauty.

I almost shed a tear merely seeing that celebration.
I love you Scottie, at least for now.

Fr. Todd Unctious

Finally stepped up when it was needed most. Been so frustrating watching him do this for Scotland but not for us over the last while. Hopefully he takes massive encouragament from this.

Orange Tree

Better than Rice!

Happy for the lad. Today must have been a special day for him.

TempusFugit

How is he such a good finisher? He strikes the ball with incredible finesse, it just seems innate to him. Maybe we really missed a trick by not actually training him as a striker. We need to find a way to keep him around the opponent's penalty area, he's so deadly there.

Lyng

Immense today. Super sub. Several of our first 11 would do well to learn from Scottys mentality.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He does seem to have a good knack of just putting it in the onion bag when nobody else on our team look remotely capable of scoring... Did it twice last year in the home Europa League game and Everton at home too.

Halftrack

This is how he should be used. Put him in attack and just turn him loose.
West Ham are crying right now
West Ham fans on their forums and on Reddit did not, under any circumstance, want Maguire, but considered getting him worth it if that's what it took to secure McTominay.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
How is he such a good finisher? He strikes the ball with incredible finesse, it just seems innate to him. Maybe we really missed a trick by not actually training him as a striker. We need to find a way to keep him around the opponent's penalty area, he's so deadly there.
McTominay was a forward at youth level. Has been played in midfield mostly as a consequence of his size (plus the fact he probably wouldn't have made it as a forward in the modern game). However, as you say, he's not lost his ability to strike the ball cleanly. In fact he looks most instinctive as a player when called upon to attack the 18 yard area. In other areas of the pitch you can see the cogs turning, its clearly not natural to him to be deep in midfield.

joedirt87

We're probably better off throwing him up front or just behind the striker as some kind of agent of chaos. He's the only one who seems to know how time a late run into the box or be in the right spot at the right time in an attacking sense.
it’s not like mount or Bruno are adding much in the attacking department at the moment

Last edited:

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Get him in midfield. Atleast will get some bite.
Only if he plays as a second striker or #8, but we just bought Mount in such role

He is not intelligent enough to play 10 and he is horrible as defensive midfielder

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Both superb finishes, especially the first one, to control it with that pressure late on, and still slot it away.

flappyjay

Both superb finishes, especially the first one, to control it with that pressure late on, and still slot it away.
Its very obvious he was a striker in his youth days. Even when he doesn't score it never goes to far from the target.

city-puma

This is what he said afterwards,
"Never give up, no matter what situation your life is in, never give up, never throw the towel in.

"At this football club, it's the manner you never do that, for me I've been brought up since I was five years old here and I know that better than anyone."

Think about it. I am really disappointed on many transfers we did now.

Shimo

Beyond thrilled for him (and us) - the celebration and emotion had a real feel of a scripted movie/show of a person that had endured a lot and had just beaten the odds. A day he will remember for rest of his life and maybe a good portion of our fans if this turns out to be a turning point to our season. Certainly hope so.

Strangest Tribe

Still don’t think he’s good enough for us long term and I’ve give him loads of shit over these last few years but I was genuinely made up for him today..the reaction after scoring the winner was priceless..cheers big guy