Semi Finals: Argentina vs Croatia | Eng... France vs Morocco

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
One more match to end all debate. That sporting fan on here is sweating.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Brazil right now, watching argentinians showing how its done:

:nervous::nervous::nervous:

slored1

Very underwhelming end to this World Cup. I don’t think tomorrow will be particularly close, neither will be the final and 3rd place games are usually a nice spectacle but I cannot get myself excited for them.
Why would the final not be close? How do you know that?

Karmapolice

Argentina deserves it! since their loss to Saudi Arabia, they have been playing good football.

edcunited1878

Messi is the star for sure but it’s an injustice to not acknowledge that there is a lot of quality in the rest of the team too.
Not going to happen in most corners though.

Been impressed with Mac Allister, de Paul, Molina, and their CBs with Martinez. Say what you want about them like Otamendi or Romero, but they have done so well and not made any mistakes. Romero can be trouble at the back w Spurs, but solid this tournament.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Woudl also be the first wc final since 1950 with no European representative
1950 final wasn't really a final either I think. Just was the last group game that happened to have a World Cup riding on it

kaku06

Messi is a right wanker. A constantly petulant, spiteful, holier than thou tit of a human being. And yet I want nothing more than him to win the World Cup purely because I know it'll drive Ronaldo insane.
Hard to take it seriously you hate messi that much. Tell me a Mrs. joke, I will believe you.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I doubt it
Morocco actually winning this would be a story for the centuries. Not just a relative minnow actually winning world cup for first time since 1950 but Belgium-Portugal-Spain-France-Argentina would be one of the hardest routes to win the trophy in history.

So yeah not going to happen is it.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Argentina's second half has been class. Even the passing from midfield, they look like a proper team. Till now it seemed it was 7 destroyers, 1 runner, Messi, and a finisher.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Morocco actually winning this would be a story for the centuries. Not just a relative minnow actually winning world cup for first time since 1950 but Belgium-Portugal-Spain-France-Argentina would be one of the hardest routes to win the trophy in history.

So yeah not going to happen is it.
I think Morocco have a great chance against France

Mr Smith

You don't win a game after 120 minutes without deserving it.
They didn't win though. They drew and then cane through the lottery of penalties. It may lead to the same outcome (going through) but it's not the same thing.

I'm not trying to detract from Croatia's achievement, which is doubtless extrodinary, but the fact is Brazil had that game win and threw it away.

RopersReturn

Not as depressing as the Germany Brazil final in 2002, but this has still been a bit of an anticlimax for the final..

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Matterface with his pre-rehearsed attempt at some iconic commentary.

Mr Smith

I'm a bit worried about their injury list, I think France is a bridge too far for them. I'm sure they won't disgrace themselves, but I'd be absolutely shocked if they won.

RG 11

But the keeper is allowed to walk out and try and get the ball. You can't give a pen for that. The keeper closed the angle and forced him to chip it which he made a balls of. That's good goalkeeping. Alvarez then ran into him which is not a foul.
that’s debatable in this case imo. Keeper didn’t just walk out, he went into an attempted tackle/block. Alvarez chipped the shot so keeper stopped preemptively which led to the foul.

It’s harsh on the keeper but it’s not a controversial decision like some of the posters are claiming.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Why would the final not be close? How do you know that?
Argentina won’t let it slip, and Messi will not lose his last final. It’s too good of a narrative not to happen.

Cassanata99

Get over what? He's a massive cnut.
The incessant need to bring him up in a thread that has nothing to do with him. He's no longer a United problem yet everyone here can't get over their massive hate-boner for him. It's just weird. It's like this forums obsession with Lukaku when he left.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Depends what backline they can put out. If it's a scratch one like they finished with v Portugal then France will stick 2-3 past them.

With injury and extra time totted up they've basically played one extra game so fatigue will also play a part.

Would love to see it though. Morocco-Argentina would be an insane atmosphere!

Zen

Not as depressing as the Germany Brazil final in 2002, but this has still been a bit of an anticlimax for the final..
2 of your top 3 favourites is an anti-climax? 90% predictions had the winner of (Brazil Croatia)/Argentina vs France.

Dazzmondo

Great performance by Argentina. Congrats to them and Messi on reaching the final. Congrats to Croatia for an incredible achievement. Probably Modric's last World Cup (though I wouldn't bet on it with the level he's still capable of reaching).

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Argentina won’t let it slip, and Messi will not lose his last final. It’s too good of a narrative not to happen.
France are a better team and I don't see how Argentina can stop Mbappe.

Sweet Square

I remember shitting my pants at a 20 year old Messi running riot at OT in a UCL semi final we somehow held on to win.
For years I thought, after we scored it was just defending for 80 minutes but looking back we honestly could of scored 3 goals.

fallengt

Look like Argentina' winning this Worldcup.
France is good but their defenders are clueless. Morocco? They have mountains to climb.

Glaswegian

My favourite of the night

Imagine yer Grampa deciding to take a jolly over to Argentina and suddenly you're playing with Messi and co on the brink of a World Cup final instead of being stuck playing hoofball with Ireland or Scotland

Take a bow, Grampa MacAllister
:lol:

RedDevilQuebecois

Bs

France 82-86 played beautiful, and ironically a pragmatic german side knocked them out twice in a row.

It's time for them to win being pragmatic.
This. If France have learned something of plenty under Didier Deschamps, both as a player then and as a manager now, it would be the know-how to win matches in a very pragmatic way.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Still expecting France to win it, I'd love for Argentina to take it home though.