Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

van Persie

People see what they want to see. He made his debut, haven't played in a month. Some shaky touches in the start shouldn't come as a surprise. He was solid and made some good saves late.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Still a good goalkeeper, he will make mistakes from time to time but he is okay.

Sid234

Good 2nd half from him, some nice saves and took up good positions as well. Very impressed with his distribution too.

Still have to see how he deals with crosses and corners though

paulscholes18

Not the best with the ball at his feet, his handling from balls in the box were top draw.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Good match from him overall. Looked very shaky at the start with his kicking, but sorted that out in the second half. Then pulled off some solid saves in the second and was quick off his line and read play well.

tom33

Holy hell, some people really don't want to give him credit. Nothing spectacular, but very solid second half. Not sure if I'd like him as our first choice, but he's plenty competent as a backup.

Manny

Grammar Police
Shakey in the first half but once the nerves settled he looked very good.

Good debut seeing as the commentators were ready pounce on a bad performance.

m1y2

good second half, I am less worried now. Really don't want Cillesen

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
What kind of guy is Romero in real life? He played good but are there any stories about how he has behaved at his previous clubs etc? He comes across as too humble and a little shy. He looks very nervous after making saves and looks very relieved at the same time. Im hoping he can come out of it and become a bit arrogant and more confident.

Or is that just his character?

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I thought he was pretty good. Also, why is his demeanor so odd? Looks like one of those people you force to play in goal in your park football match.

jem

Holy hell, some people really don't want to give him credit. Nothing spectacular, but very solid second half. Not sure if I'd like him as our first choice, but he's plenty competent as a backup.
Exactly how I see it. I'd still like to see us go for Lloris.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
What kind of guy is Romero in real life? He played good but are there any stories about how he has behaved at his previous clubs etc? He comes across as too humble and a little shy. He looks very nervous after making saves and looks very relieved at the same time. Im hoping he can come out of it and become a bit arrogant and more confident.

This is my first time properly seeing him but I feel like he could be a better keeper than he is. He seems too shy and afraid. I mean, he's afraid to smile in his signing picture!

Dion

Turns out he isn't some sort of performing clown who has blagged his way into one of the biggest international sides and one of the biggest club sides... who'd have thought it?

Decent performance, didn't have much to do but sometimes that's the way with goalkeepers.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
He looked very alert, his distribution didn't look half bad either. Overall a very good debut and especially when you take all things into consideration.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

I don't know much, but at Monaco he joined to be a starter and warmed the bench, but acted lack a great professional. According to some journos he was extremely sad but didn't complained publicly.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
People see what they want to see. He made his debut, haven't played in a month. Some shaky touches in the start shouldn't come as a surprise. He was solid and made some good saves late.
Aye exactly the same as Valdes for us last season. One of the most experienced keepers about and zome dodgy kicking on his debut too.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Looked good. Clean sheet.

Cash in on De Gea asap if his heart isn't in it.

Jad

I thought he was pretty good. Also, why is his demeanor so odd? Looks like one of those people you force to play in goal in your park football match.
Very strange facial expressions! Did a sort of odd grimace when he made a decent save and had a weird weird look when he made a couple of mistakes. Can't really put my finger on it, but an odd demeanour isn't a bad way of summing it up.

-

Thought he looked as good as you'd expect from a second keeper. Decent reflexes as we expected. His distribution was pretty good - he was always looking before passing, picked out the wingers and full backs a few times - but I think he looked nervy rather than bad on the ball. And when it really came to it at the end, he made the saves he needed to.

MDFC Manager

Parried shots but held crosses. Superb distribution but also a couple of dodgy pass attempts.

Not sure what to make of him yet. Nothing to worry though, by the looks of things, he won't have too many saves to make.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Considering circumstances he did OK. Didn't look too comfortable though, maybe nervous becsuse of new league, club and huge crowd and all that.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I hope that was a reflection of his ability and not one of those adrenaline inspired debuts.

I just can't take him seriously given his club career and gormless expression. Prove me wrong Sergio, please.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Parried shots but held crosses. Superb distribution but also a couple of dodgy pass attempts.

Not sure what to make of him yet. Nothing to worry though, by the looks of things, he won't have too many saves to make.
I keep seeing people say this, am I the only one who thinks different? He put it out of play as much as he hit his man.

Not having a go, because I thought he played very well, but I thought he was very shaky in this department for sure.

thejtrain

Lacked a bit of confidence during the 1st half, but did well in the 2nd. The saves towards the end must have done him a world of good to his confidence levels!

Red_Aaron

It was nice of spurs to give him such an easy introduction. Had nothing difficult to do but did it well regardless.

Tougher tests to follow

Status
Not open for further replies.