Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
In what sense? His distribution has been decent and he at least tries to find a man rather than kick it aimlessly.
The bit where he completely panicked and kicked it out for a throw in wasn't very reassuring.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Don't understand all the negativity, he's hardly done anything wrong this half. It's like people have already made up their minds.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Err....

Don't think he's very good. Looks terrified on the ball.
Bizarre. Just goes to show how two moments can overshadow an entire performance. His first misplaced pass was from him trying to chip it past a striker in his own box with his weaker foot for Christ's sake - if anything he's too confident and casual. Aside from that he's been stroking the ball around with ease and authority.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Yeah, I thought he did fine. Quick off his line, vitally, to deny Walker a great chance. Very good distribution.

Kaos

To be fair his defence hasn't exactly been all that helpful, not with some of those back passes and how easily they're getting out-muscled.

At this point I'm more concerned with Blind at CB.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
He made a really good save at one point.

Not enjoying some of his kicking though.

The White Pele

A couple of dodgy kicks, which is to be expected when thrown in at the deep end. Otherwise fine

fen4e

I could see why he might be playing under a bit of pressure. Signed less than a week ago, give him some time to settle in.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
The bit where he completely panicked and kicked it out for a throw in wasn't very reassuring.
It's his first game at possibly last minute notice at a huge club after barely playing at club level, he's going to have shaky moments but his distribution apart from that has been pretty good, people are panicking because it suits the hyperbole.

DOTA

Yeah because none of our defenders offered themselves for the ball.
They were less than helpful, yeah. I'm not sure it called for whacking it in to touch, though.

m1y2

Funny how differently people see things - I think he's looked quite relaxed, bar a few balls carelessly put-out for throw-ins.
Yeah he looked as relaxed as Cleverley spraying the ball around, true that

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
Debut aside, he's barely played first team football recently. Let's be patient, but I'm not sure what he is doing that a low team goalie couldn't do better

DOTA

It's his first game at possibly last minute notice at a huge club after barely playing at club level, he's going to have shaky moments but his distribution apart from that has been pretty good, people are panicking because it suits the hyperbole.
I'm not saying it's clear from one moment that he's crap.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Couple of bad passes but feck he's hardly helped with no option to pass to. He's barely played club football recently and even then his passing is still better than most goalies around.

Tyrion

This is kinda why I rarely post here. At least about United topics. 45 minutes against a good team where we have 4 new starters and score and the top topic of conversation seems to be the "contest winner" in goals. I'll be posting in the Caf goes into meltdown thread by the end of today. :lol:

Two bad kicks and that's kind of it really. I can understand I suppose, after all DDG started like a house on fire when he signed.

prath92

Romero found a man with 8 of his 10(not exact numbers) passes but people will judge him for the 2 he missed

m1y2

He put our players under pressure a lot. On the other hand I don't understand how so many players can't cover the ball properly back to opponents. It's just baffling how slow start some palyers have, you'd expect them to be quite sharp..

Bojan11

As long as the ball is out of our net, I am happy with him.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Contrast his passing with that of Johnstone or Lindegaard, guys.

Also, his shot stopping is supposed to be the strong part of his game. So no worries yet.

m1y2

Romero found a man with 8 of his 10(not exact numbers) passes but people will judge him for the 2 he missed
yeah and 6out of eight attempts put us under immense pressure.. great statistics though!

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Apart from maybe him possibly coming out a bit faster for that Kane chance he hasn't really had anything at all to do for anyone to start making assumptions. Either way he'll need time to get into the swing of things at Utd so lets hope he gets it.

DOTA

They have. He's not DDG so he must be sh!t.
I think it's more 'he was back up at a not particularly good Italian club, so he must be shit', to be fair.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Let's not forget this is his debut game after a grand total of 0 minutes in preseason, I think we can forgive him for the occasional moment of nerves or rustiness.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
yeah and 6out of eight attempts put us under immense pressure.. great statistics though!
So because other players aren't fully aware of their surroundings it's Romero's fault? He's a keeper fs not Xavi. Our players take too long on the ball, been a problem for years and other teams know it.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
2 bad passes to his right

One pass to Morgan who then lost it. But I would blame Morgan more in that for not playing it quicker

Apart from that he looks ok

New signing, new country, probably found out yesterday he was starting

Man-United

No problem with him, will be a good backup keeper for us.

Last edited:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
They have. He's not DDG so he must be sh!t.
I'm not convinced by him at all and don't think he is suddenly going to become good enough for United when he has not been good enough for Monaco or Sampdoria, much smaller teams with significantly less pressure, but at least give him a chance. Stranger things have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.